Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what the heck? no body have homies anymore? uncle lee post some pic's and info on your new little saw.:smile2: and Aarron, you of all folks.:msp_tongue:

Happy now?

GEDC0990.jpg

what the heck? no body have homies anymore? uncle lee post some pic's and info on your new little saw.:smile2: and Aarron, you of all folks.:msp_tongue:

I you require any more 'Homelite happiness' than that, you need to go look around your shop or ask Uncle Lee. Aaron's not awake yet.

Not having good Homelite luck lately. SXL-925W has scoring (I think a crank seal failed when I was running it last time and leaned it out). May be able to save it with an acid cleaning, and a new piston/rings and seals/gaskets. Still blows 130 PSI right now. Also just discovered this bit of happiness when I pulled the muffler cover on my XP1020 project...

CAM00062.jpg

CAM00060.jpg

CAM00061.jpg

Hard to see in the pics, but she's badly scored. Wrist pin clip went AWOL and the pin slid over and attacked the jug on the exhaust side. You can see its shiny face against the exhaust port bridge in the first and third pics. What I thought was a quick ignition and carb fix is now another back burner project.....

I'll put this up again. I have the outside and oil pump and air filter all cleaned up, new 8 pin rim installed, (both my 902AM and this
VI922 came with 8 pins) and it's sitting in the garage with diesel fuel and a hand full of 1/4-20 nuts in the fuel tank to get rid of the 1/8" of varnish. Needs a carb kit which is in the mail (make that 2-3 weeks away) and needs oil and fuel lines.
Looking forward to getting this one going.

When I do Aaron, I'll take you up on the pull start handle so it doesn't think it's a lawn mower. Thanks

HomeliteVI922Jan12-13_zpsea9c3c81.jpg

Here ya go Fraser.

First of all. I want to thank Fraser "paccity" for hooking
me up with this fine ole Homelite XL870. He went way
beyond the call of duty.
Shes a runner but will need a carb kit. And a bar 24" preferably.
We always see the 925's but not to much of the older 82cc saws.
I just had to have this one when i had seen it posted here.

Lee

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870004.jpg

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870005.jpg

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870006.jpg

thanks , was not trying to be smart a$$. just trying to get some life back in here. i've been slacking too. :cheers:

Not having good Homelite luck lately. SXL-925W has scoring (I think a crank seal failed when I was running it last time and leaned it out). May be able to save it with an acid cleaning, and a new piston/rings and seals/gaskets. Still blows 130 PSI right now. Also just discovered this bit of happiness when I pulled the muffler cover on my XP1020 project...

CAM00062.jpg

CAM00060.jpg

CAM00061.jpg

Hard to see in the pics, but she's badly scored. Wrist pin clip went AWOL and the pin slid over and attacked the jug on the exhaust side. You can see its shiny face against the exhaust port bridge in the first and third pics. What I thought was a quick ignition and carb fix is now another back burner project.....
Aarron, that 1130g of yours i tried and got the cyl freed up and off to see if it was good for the 1050. no luck.:(
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
, this is a complete saw and i'll bring it down next month. good parts at the least . on your cyl i'll see if i can scrounge one up before i come down. what or if are some other saws share the same jug. sorry on the pic's, ether the new cam is crap or i don't know how to use it yet. prob the later.

Last edited:
Here ya go Fraser.

beyond the call of duty.

Lee

looks good lee, kinda like the green on that. don't know how rare they are but thats the only one i've seen. and on getting it for you no prob. the hunt for these things is fun to.

Last edited:
Here ya go Fraser.

beyond the call of duty.

Lee

Wow very nice

Very cool! Any idea how long of a run those motors had? I'm guessing they're a collectors item to the old boat guys. That's a fate worse than CAD.

As they say "Everything old is new again". I sure love the Yamaha 4 stroke on my buddy's boat. Never dreamed of trolling with the big motor with a 2 stroker.

This is on ebay right now... just took a pic off the puter.

No doubt, Homelite made some of the sexiest saws back in the day. The color schemes where beautiful. :msp_wub:

IMG_8387.jpg

Aarron, that 1130g of yours i tried and got the cyl freed up and off to see if it was good for the 1050. no luck.:(

This is a complete saw and i'll bring it down next month. good parts at the least . on your cyl i'll see if i can scrounge one up before i come down. what or if are some other saws share the same jug. sorry on the pic's, ether the new cam is crap or i don't know how to use it yet. prob the later.

Thanks for trying Fraser. Man that thing saw some moisture didn't it? XP1020, XP1020A, XP1100, XP1130, 1050, and 1130G saws (and the 'Super' variants of them) all used basically the same cylinder. Some had the fitting at the base for the 'bypass' idle adjustment system, others didn't. I can use either cylinder type on my XP1020. They're not too hard to find yet.

I'm glad to be getting that 1130G carcass. That full wrap, inner drivecase, spike, and other parts will still come in handy for me for my Super XP1130. Box 'er up and bring the whole thing please.:cheers:

This is on ebay right now... just took a pic off the puter.

No doubt, Homelite made some of the sexiest saws back in the day. The color schemes where beautiful. :msp_wub:

IMG_8387.jpg

I agree Ed. I have an XL800 parts saw like the red one in the ad. Doesn't look quite as nice though...:D

Back