Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a homelite but so does a lombard, pioneer and remmington.

what is it? Vintage John Deere 350CS Chainsaw | eBay

That's a LATE production SXL-AO. Built right after JD bought Homelite. Made at the same time as the "Big Red" "Limited Edition", and "Old Blue" SXL-AO saws. 1994-1996 or so. Has the cheaper one-piece manual oiler button as well as a Zama C2 carb most likely. Seen a few cherry examples of this JD branded Homelite go for big $$$ on feebay over the last couple years (including an NOS saw).

That's a LATE production SXL-AO. Built right after JD bought Homelite. Made at the same time as the "Big Red" "Limited Edition", and "Old Blue" SXL-AO saws. 1994-1996 or so. Has the cheaper one-piece manual oiler button as well as a Zama C2 carb most likely. Seen a few cherry examples of this JD branded Homelite go for big $$$ on feebay over the last couple years (including an NOS saw).

He had it listed last week for 500 or offer and no takers.

Should go this time. She looks cherry.

I have one of them John Deere SXL's,
The guy I got mine from said they were made in Canada.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got it set up with a Bow bar too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Last edited:
will one from an EZA or a SEZA work?

From what I see in the IPL, no..............................................................

Homelite tinkered with a lot of the details on the XL-101 types and you can get screwed up sawpping parts.:msp_ohmy:

This saw is 'tail end charlie' of the four I built out of seven wrecks.;) It is a 113 with a 101 handle/carb. box for starters.

Edit:

Chainsawlady to the rescue. We be smilin'

Last edited:
Looking for a vendor here that has a 28"-32" bar for my Homelite 2100-S .063 or .058 is fine new is what I'm looking for. PM me as I called every big bar vendor on the planet.

-Cascade Saw

Looks like I'll put my shop tools to work on a new Power Match for the oiler and bar adjustment holes and $40.00 to water jet the bar stud groves to spec's he said will do 3 bars at once....I'm good at one bar in my old age:laugh:

Looks like I'll put my shop tools to work on a new Power Match for the oiler and bar adjustment holes and $40.00 to water jet the bar stud groves to spec's he said will do 3 bars at once....I'm good at one bar in my old age:laugh:

What are you babbling about Terry? I think I have a Roller Nose I could part with, but it is probably 36". You still have to get me that Husky 2100 tank though.

I think I have an NOS Homelite 28" bar that is set up for the smaller saws, I would have to check for compatibility to the 2100.

Was wondering if one of you Homelite experts could point me in the direction of some crank seals for a Homelite Super 240 Classic?? TIA

what the heck? no body have homies anymore? uncle lee post some pic's and info on your new little saw.:smile2: and Aarron, you of all folks.:msp_tongue:

Latest posts

Back