Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didja smear some 2-stroke oil around the outside of the grommet? Also, carefully heating them a bit (say with a hair dryer) can make them more cooperative....

Warm it with a hair dryer or some hot water.

Suggestion was followed ..... Set the line in some HOT water for about 5 minutes, shook off and dipped in 2-stroke oil. Still had to really yank on it hard before it finally popped into place. Nice!

I use stp when i want something slippery.
Especially on rubber components. Stuff is
slicker than snot on a door knob.

Lee

I have a can of that crap here; the STP, not the snot.
Glad I finally found a use for it!

Scored me some drill motors

Pictures soon, Any one have anything good or bad to say about Aridam drill heads..... I was wanting one for years and one popped up on ebay near me. (things become realistic when shipping is not included)

I intend to drill some posts and frozen ground with it while out on the groomer. It currently has a super XL12 auto power head Got he bar and chain and bar clamp as well.

Picture soon.

mike

Pictures soon, Any one have anything good or bad to say about Aridam drill heads..... I was wanting one for years and one popped up on ebay near me. (things become realistic when shipping is not included)

I intend to drill some posts and frozen ground with it while out on the groomer. It currently has a super XL12 auto power head Got he bar and chain and bar clamp as well.

Picture soon.

mike

:popcorn:

drill

So, that thing has the auto-oiler for the bar/chain?

Cool!

Auto oiling and manual override for that little extra shot of oil when you need it. I want to tap the oil hole for a copper tube then run the tube out for drilling in metal (mostly as a novelty) put the cutting oil in the resivour and hole saw away.

Fired up the last two last night. they were out of gas.

Holy Homelite!

I found a bin full of SXL's and 360's, I only had $20 on me but since I fixed up yard bosses mini mac he said he would put the bin in his building where no public is allowed and save them for me, there are 30+ saws. There was also 3 or 4 yellow saws and a single orange and white saw.

I picked up these 5, 3 360's, 1 SXL, and the lone 923xl.

Photo0742_zps9d8f1581.jpg

Photo0743_zps6adaa566.jpg

I found a bin full of SXL's and 360's, I only had $20 on me but since I fixed up yard bosses mini mac he said he would put the bin in his building where no public is allowed and save them for me, there are 30+ saws. There was also 3 or 4 yellow saws and a single orange and white saw.

I picked up these 5, 3 360's, 1 SXL, and the lone 923xl.

Photo0742_zps9d8f1581.jpg

Photo0743_zps6adaa566.jpg

Nice! Any of them run? You gonna be busy for a while

I can't speak for everywhere, but from my experience in east, TN you rarely ever see old stihl's, however there are all kind of Homelite's, Macs, Poulans, and even Pioneers. I don't have the funds to run around chainsaw pickin', or I know I could dig up some cool ole saws instead of all these sewing machines with a chain that are around nowadays. I know for a fact my dad cut, limbed, and bucked over 100 acres of hardwood with a Homelite Super XL, then my grandfather milled it it with a Frick circular saw mill.

I got to tinker with a few of the homies I brought home yesterday. The best looking of the two 360's will need a boot, I will have to get to the other two tomorrow. Of course the super xl fired right up and runs great. I did not get to the 923xl either. I swear that those SXL saws are indestructible, I found out that these are all forest service saws and have been buried under a pile of scrap for over a year, to pull one out put gas in it and have it run is just a testament to how well built these saws are. I can't wait to get the rest.

Latest posts

Back