Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't that a feature on them on them little gems?

Yeah they have thrust washers between the crank bearings and crank throws. The SM instructs us to make .015" shims and slip them between the bearings and thrust washers. We're then supposed to place the bearings, thrust washers, shims, and crank seals in the bearing recesses in the base of the cylinder, snug everything tight towards the crank, and then carefully remove our shims before installing the crankcase cover, tapping the crank ends, then tightening the cover screws...

Wheeler's Chainsaw Museum

Took a second trip to see Vernon with my friend P62-Jeff hope you enjoy

[video=youtube_share;PSp2894yDbw]http://youtu.be/PSp2894yDbw[/video]

650 compression release

I finally found out what those little pieces were in the carburator compartment. They are the valve compression release, part number is 12712. I am now learning how to search for parts of this great saw. If anyone can guide me it would be appreciated.

Keith

shop002-1.jpg

And another.......

Well I am getting tired of tripping all over these Homelite chainsaw I have laying around here so I put one on the bench and got it running.

Photo0763_zps447260a0.jpg

Photo0762_zps0f10d80c.jpg

[video=youtube;JzGcrd8V92E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzGcrd8V92E[/video]

It started peeing fuel out of the carb box so I opened the tank and there was a bit of pressure so I swapped on a functioning fuel cap.

New super 1050 homelite

I just bought a super 1050 homelite at a estate sale still in original box new never had oil or gas in it with a 36" bar what would this saw be worth?

VI922 and Tillotson HS 131B

I have the VI922 back together. It holds pressure and vacuum well. There is fuel getting to the carb. I have put a new carb kit in it. all gaskets and diaphrams (double checked) are in the correct order. New needle and lever. The lever is set to spec, level with the chamber floor.

The saw will start with the throttle lock on. and will run at throttle lock speed for a few seconds and then shut down. It will restart but only if I choke it. It does not run with full choke on It will not idle at all. The saw has lots of compression and good spark.

It does appear that someone was into the governor as the slot in the plug is messed up enough I can't get it out. Any ideas what may be going on here?

Thanks

Last edited:
This saw has been sitting around for a long time. I replaced the handle bracket that was broken and looked inside the fuel tank. It was clean and the fuel line looked like it was in one piece so I said what the heck and put some gas in it. I sprayed a prime shot in it and after 3 tries it started and ran. I think I'll leave it grungy and make it my rat rod.

[video=youtube_share;P6wMplfB52U]http://youtu.be/P6wMplfB52U[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back