Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? Looks like it was ended early 'because the item was sold'. Must've been a backdoor deal...........like most of the SD166 ebay auctions.:bang:

I wouldn't say that. Seems to me all the 166's are going as planed.
With two on the bay right now. And one has been there for quite awhile.

Lee

I wouldn't say that. Seems to me all the 166's are going as planed.
With two on the bay right now. And one has been there for quite awhile.

Lee

Yeah the most 'recent' SD166 auctions have actually been running their course. For a while, it seemed that every SD166 auction got ended early because "item is no longer available".....

The XL-15 was ended two days early. Still pissed!

Anybody have a rim sprocket or know of where one may be to fit a Homelite 2000/2100 in 9 or 10 pin? I know I could put a 750 drum on to get away from that large 6 spoke drum that's normally on that saw. Got a harvester bar in .063 gauge that fits the saw and its pretty close to a belly bar. Figured I'm make a GTG King for the Virginia event....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: I already have an 8, need a little bigger because of the tail on the harvester bar.

The XL-15 was ended two days early. Still pissed!

Sorry for your loss. How about a nice consolation pic. :hmm3grin2orange:

ScannedImage-29.jpg

Anyone have a Blue Limited Edition Super XL auto oiler they want to part with ?

Last edited:
Anybody have a rim sprocket or know of where one may be to fit a Homelite 2000/2100 in 9 or 10 pin? I know I could put a 750 drum on to get away from that large 6 spoke drum that's normally on that saw. Got a harvester bar in .063 gauge that fits the saw and its pretty close to a belly bar. Figured I'm make a GTG King for the Virginia event....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: I already have an 8, need a little bigger because of the tail on the harvester bar.

Anybody put a harvester bar on... info you'd like to share?

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I know that there are several internal differences to consider on bearings even though the outside dimensions are the same.

homelite 650

All I can say is wow what an awsume looking chain saw, I never knew how big they were. Coming up in the early 70's we were all pioneer users in my area.

Anyway I picked one up for very little. I tried to start it by primming the carb and it fires right up. The problem Im having is it just revs higher and higher. The throttle linkage is intact and the butterfly plate opens and closes but it just revs up and up.

Im wondering what it could be, ripped intake boot?

Also in the caruretor compartment I found a broken piece that looks like some type of linkage that might be to the compression release. I looked at the diagram and couldn't find any thing that looked like the little parts that I found.

I will take pictures and post but left my camera at the shop.

Thanks for any help
Keith

Intake boots are a very common problem on those
series saws. I would look there first. also look at fuel
lines and possible carb kit. The 650 is a very nice saw.
But top ends are impossible to find so be carefull.

Lee

Intake boots are a very common problem on those
series saws. I would look there first. also look at fuel
lines and possible carb kit. The 650 is a very nice saw.
But top ends are impossible to find so be carefull.

Lee

Yep. Don't risk burning up that P/C by running it with a leaking boot. The 750 I refurbished had a wasted boot, yet would run and idle OK. Boot had turned to chewing gum. Here's a photo of the new boot next to the biggest 'intact' piece left from the old boot when took the saw apart. I also had to replace both crank seals and the impulse line to get it running right.

photobucket-1329-1336894334255.jpg

Latest posts

Back