Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful SAWS! Never really liked homelites till i read this thread!
here we go again!

What's the story with the bumblebee and the clutch cover hole?

Carlee (7) and Brody (4) came up with a 'seal of approval' for grandpa.

I can't speak about the sticker.......but the hole in the clutch cover happens when those little clutch plate screws back out and drag against the inside of the cover. That's a common 'feature' on Homelites with those little screws in the clutch.

That reminds me to get three hex socket button head cap screws at the hardware store and replace those phillips heads. Seal them with Locktite.

Yup, that pup is a bear to pull over just like my 'Fisher-Price' XL-800. No comp. release.

This will keep Randy and Fraser off our backs...

Arrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

CAM00229_zpse4234f2e.jpg

CAM00231_zps6f66f86a.jpg

CAM00238_zpsbef855ff.jpg

Homelite 2000A that I just got in trade. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. Will make a good runner with some minor work. First over 77cc C/XP/2000-3100G series saw that I've gotten that actually has an MN/SN tag. I have a STACK of C-5 tags in addition to the two that are on saws...:confused:

Arrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

CAM00229_zpse4234f2e.jpg

CAM00231_zps6f66f86a.jpg

CAM00238_zpsbef855ff.jpg

Homelite 2000A that I just got in trade. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. Will make a good runner with some minor work. First over 77cc C/XP/2000-3100G series saw that I've gotten that actually has an MN/SN tag. I have a STACK of C-5 tags in addition to the two that are on saws...:confused:

Nice saw Aaron gotta love those 7 cuber's:clap:

Finally got to my weird ignition XL-12 today.

Picked this one up a few months ago and it ran great for 5 minutes after I bought it until I cleaned the carb. Then it would just not start at ALL. I pretty much had to clean it because the carb case was packed and I do mean Packed with grease and dust. So after looking over the carb adjusting it in a million different positions it would not do anything. Not even with a shot of gas. So I cleaned the points, set and gapped them and still nothing. Finally had enough of it and threw it in the pile. Today I grabbed a parts blue Super XL from my pile and tore the whole points, condensor and coil out of it and popped it on this red XL-12. Cleaned and gapped them, slapped it back together and she runs good. Did I mention all the dust and oil packed in the cylinder fins? Lets just say that you could not even see the cylinder at all. So the reason someone must have got rid of this if anything was probably the excessive overheating :msp_unsure: :hmm3grin2orange:
View attachment 286174

Good job Tim. Glad to see that you got it running right. If it's like my SXL-925W, it'll run the same speed with another foot of B/C on it........cutting big wood.

The over 100 cc cube Aaron ban has been lifted:clap:

I have your twin to that one. Except mine currently runs STRONG:msp_w00t:

Latest posts

Back