Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homelite650echo5000004_zps5e349196.jpg

I hope you guys don't mind me repeating my pictures but Im trying to make them appear with my post, hope this works

I picked up two more SXL's last weekend then got two more running. I am going to have to say that the SXL is the tank of chainsaws, these saws were used for god knows how many years with the forest service, sat for a year or two at the bottom of a 2 story scrap pile and all I did was inspect the fuel and electrical system, clean the big crud off of them and put fresh gas in and they fired right up.

The two I picked up last week.
Photo0750_zpse44bfef5.jpg

The two I got running.
Photo0753_zps6ef430e6.jpg

Photo0756_zps41db0eac.jpg

[video=youtube;3rzpLFdMzEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rzpLFdMzEk[/video]

Anyone here know a 'generic' # (SKF, CR, etc) for the crank seals used in the XL2/Super2 saws? Gotta get this damn thing out of my shop and back to its owner. Don't feel like paying $10+ a piece plus shipping for crank seals for the little bastard if I can avoid it.

94638, 68519, and 9108 are the Homelite part numbers I've found for these seals.

Edit:

Just found an SKF # for the Homelite 68519 using an SKF seal interchange utility! 4913 is the SKF number I got.

Product Datasheet for 4913

SKF | Online Catalog | Interchange (457012) | Parts Lookup

Thanks Lee, Aaron. Hope all's well, haven't had much time to play with hobby saws, nice to find a runner that just needs some dust knocked off- Sam

Very diplomatic. It's interesting on here when you have to cross many lines (and pass a few passionate fanatics on the way)

Yeah it's a delicate walk sometimes. I'm catching even more hell now that I've let a few old Swedes into the stable...:cool:

I get the expected "Al-Coa" quips from the peterhead every now and then, along with occasional "made antique saws longer than anyone else" anti-Mac flak from MM and Mike in the Green tribe. Funny thing is, my Yellow lovin' friend here and the cranky Green Tribe chief both are closet Homelite lovers.....:D

Last edited:
Yeah it's a delicate walk sometimes. I'm catching even more hell now that I've let a few old Swedes into the stable...:cool:

I get the expected "Al-Coa" quips from the peterhead every now and then, along with occasional "made antique saws longer than anyone else" anti-Mac flak from MM and Mike in the Green tribe. Funny thing is, my Yellow lovin' friend here and the cranky Green Tribe chief both are closet Homelite lovers.....:D

Before you add a few creamsicles and brag on them, you should get a bodyguard

I guess Homelites are the middle ground. It's hard not to like them.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, thought it was 84cc, but heck that is only an added extra pound per cc.

Yeah yer right. Just looked on Acres. 84cc. Thought it was 5.5ci (90cc). The later 82cc Macs (from the time period of the H 550) with the "2-pound" mufflers, high top AF covers, and muffler-guard clutch covers are probably a lot closer to the Homelite 550's weight too. Eh....:sucks:

Last edited:
Anyone here know a 'generic' # (SKF, CR, etc) for the crank seals used in the XL2/Super2 saws? Gotta get this damn thing out of my shop and back to its owner. Don't feel like paying $10+ a piece plus shipping for crank seals for the little bastard if I can avoid it.

94638, 68519, and 9108 are the Homelite part numbers I've found for these seals.

Edit:

Just found an SKF # for the Homelite 68519 using an SKF seal interchange utility! 4913 is the SKF number I got.

Product Datasheet for 4913

SKF | Online Catalog | Interchange (457012) | Parts Lookup

And, if you want to shim the crank endplay down to .003-.010, you use Chebby distributor shaft shim washers. Come in a kit they sell to the real race car crowd.

Latest posts

Back