Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp... after initially thinking all was good, my 240 seems to have a pretty bad air leak, and I'm suspecting the crank bearings and seals. The crank feels like it has about .050" of radial play in the bearings.

Does anyone have part numbers for bearings and seals, or am I pretty much left with the option to overpay for NOS parts?

Seals are Homelite 94638. crosses to SKF CR4913 same both sides.

Attributes/Specifications​

Bore0.749
Bore-Tite on O.D.N
DescriptionLDS & SMALL BORE SEAL
Lip CodeNitrile (Lip Code: R)
ManufacturerCR SERVICES SKF
OD0.753
Shaft0.5
TypeHMS1
Type/StyleHMS1
Width0.125

Not sure about the bearings but they should be cheap if you shop around. The number should be stamped on the side flange of the cup.

Drawn cup needle bearing.

Hello homelite men. I have recently acquired a 925 and I'm curious your thoughts on b& c combos for this saw. This is my first larger homelite. View attachment 1197305Thanks in advance.
That saw should be able to run a 28" - 32" bar with no issues. Mine sure did.

Had a strong running XL924W for 10 years,finally accquired its successor the legendary XL925 in early May.Its a beast,RPM is just a bit less than my SP80/81/PM800/850's with same 82cc displacement,incredible torque,it dont bog down in anything. This is 20" diameter semi-dry White Oak being cut into some small slabs for future woodworking uses.The scrap/offcuts are saved for firewood.

A great saw,worth having & highly recommended if anyone needs a larger 'mid sized'' durable older saw.They sold a bunch of them over almost 20 years before being discontinued,still is quite a few out there if you look around....DSC04422.JPG

I've recently been pulling out some of my saws, including this Homelite 750 which has been in my arsenal for at least fifteen years. I replaced the fuel and oil lines with Echo products, new NOS fuel filter, new Champion plug, and a new NOS throttle rod as the original was binding up when in use. I also replaced some screws and hardware with OEM units that'd become misplaced. I finally replaced my damaged starter housing screen with a NOS unit as mine was missing a few small pieces, and the saw now looks much better. The saw has a beautiful P&C and fires quickly within the first few pulls. The bar is forty-two inches in length with the chain being .404 that I got from Saw King years ago. I'd forgotten how much fun these saws can be, including just listening to them. I hope to grab my other Homelite saws out soon and will share their stories as well. Good health and safe travels, Max.

Attachments

• Homelite 750 Pic 1 MT.jpg
    Homelite 750 Pic 1 MT.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Homelite 750 Pic 2 MT.jpg
    Homelite 750 Pic 2 MT.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Homelite 750 Pic 3 MT.jpg
    Homelite 750 Pic 3 MT.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Homelite 750 Pic 4 MT.jpg
    Homelite 750 Pic 4 MT.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
So, I pulled out my Homelite 8800 to make a cut or two and wipe the dust off of it. It's fairly clean and I've had it nine or so years. When found I replaced the boot and oiler. Why the oiler went bad I have no idea. It's runs very well and mostly sits on the shelf. I did use it for a large project at my MIL's home years ago, and it performed like a beast. I'm looking for a NOS/replacement chain brake decal and full wrap handle to add to it. I know not if I'll ever find them, but I'll keep looking. Max.

Homelite 8800 Pic 1 MT.jpgHomelite 8800 Pic 2 MT.jpg

I'm very proud and fond of this 550. I bought it from the original owner who really took care of it. I've replaced the spark plug, lines, boot, and not much else. I have the set of dogs for it but haven't reinstalled them. It's been on the shelf for years but is a great runner and sounds almost as good as my 750. The full wrap handle is original to the saw. I've run and cut with it before but seldom do so because of the condition. They're still out there! Max.

Homelite 550 Pic 1 MT.jpgHomelite 550 Pic 2 MT.jpgHomelite 550 Pic 3 MT.jpg

I found this Super 1050 locally several years ago. For a 1050 I believe it's in great shape. It has a tag on top of the air filter cover that I believe came from Henrico County just outside of Richmond, possibly a Parks & Recs Department saw. A new plug and lines and this monster barks and grunts with the best of them. I have the original twenty-four inch bar it came with but had to cut most of the rubber grip off of the half wrap handle as it was damaged. The spike is original to the saw. I'd love to find a good full wrap handle for it, but they're seldom seen. Have a great and safe week, Max.

Homelite Super 1050 Pic 1 MT.jpgHomelite Super 1050 Pic 2 MT.jpgHomelite Super 1050 Pic 3 MT.jpgHomelite Super 1050 Pic 4 MT.jpg

I'm very proud and fond of this 550. I bought it from the original owner who really took care of it. I've replaced the spark plug, lines, boot, and not much else. I have the set of dogs for it but haven't reinstalled them. It's been on the shelf for years but is a great runner and sounds almost as good as my 750. The full wrap handle is original to the saw. I've run and cut with it before but seldom do so because of the condition. They're still out there! Max.

View attachment 1199266View attachment 1199267View attachment 1199268
There is a 550 around here for sale I believe.

Latest posts

Back