Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine had the same hole you circled in red. if I remember right, it interfaces with a hole in the reed block does it not? I do not recall having any problem with it. what issue is it causing you?
It does not interface with the reed block as it comes out through the tiny hole circled in blue in one of my photos. I call that the carb throat and someone else called that the venturi. That doesn't matter. What matters is the large hole is connected to the tiny hole. No filtration is there to block debris or contaminates. If anything should happen to enter the large hole, it would probably clog the exit hole.
I am not having any issues. I just rebuilt the carb and want to make sure I won't have any. The carb is off of a 1977 Homelite Super XL925 which is in pristine condition. Very little use. Extremely dirty as original owner was using used motor oil for chain lube. It now belongs to a friend and I am cleaning it up for him. Rebuilt the carb, replacing the fuel lines as the ones in it now are like concrete, etc. . I feel certain it will run as it has great compression, great blue spark, etc. It just needs a little tender loving care and should be back on line soon. Thanks for your reply. OT

It does not interface with the reed block as it comes out through the tiny hole circled in blue in one of my photos. I call that the carb throat and someone else called that the venturi. That doesn't matter. What matters is the large hole is connected to the tiny hole. No filtration is there to block debris or contaminates. If anything should happen to enter the large hole, it would probably clog the exit hole.
I am not having any issues. I just rebuilt the carb and want to make sure I won't have any. The carb is off of a 1977 Homelite Super XL925 which is in pristine condition. Very little use. Extremely dirty as original owner was using used motor oil for chain lube. It now belongs to a friend and I am cleaning it up for him. Rebuilt the carb, replacing the fuel lines as the ones in it now are like concrete, etc. . I feel certain it will run as it has great compression, great blue spark, etc. It just needs a little tender loving care and should be back on line soon. Thanks for your reply. OT
I see. here's the same hole in my carb from when I had it apart. I don't think mine had a passage open into the intake. same carb, same saw.

Attachments

• copy.jpg
    copy.jpg
    27.8 KB
I see. here's the same hole in my carb from when I had it apart. I don't think mine had a passage open into the intake. same carb, same saw.
I put a small amount of dye into the large hole and put pressure on it with my mityvac and the dye came out the little hole I have circled in blue. Not sure what carb you have. All I know is that on mine, they are connected. Thanks for your continued interest. OT

sounds like you have pitting or a poor casting. Plug it with silicone, let it cure and try it out. if it works well, fill it with JB weld. there is no way they made that to just suck air and debris into the carb.
There is no pitting. Trust me, it is cast that way. I can see the hole leading to the carb throat. That's why I put a drop of dye in it and used the mityvac with pressure. Dye came out the tiny hole circled in blue in my pic. OT :(

I haven't worked on that model Tillotson carb or that kind of saw but i wonder is there any chance the original carb was replaced with another model / variant Tillotson that was actually not the correct carb for that saw at some point?

Well I like the looks of this one! If it's for $20 I'll take it! Let me know your preferred payment method, I have had good luck using PayPal. Just need you email address to send you the $20.
In that post, there are two different saws. Only had one intact plastic piece. The other was broken. I assume you are referring to the nicer looking one. I can pair it with the good plastic piece.

thinking about this, it really doesn't make any difference. the whole compartment for the carb is under this filter. if you're worried about that small hole taking air and dust into the carb throat, the entire carb inlet is sucking in massive amounts of that same air/dust like a vacuum.

xx.jpg

In that post, there are two different saws. Only had one intact plastic piece. The other was broken. I assume you are referring to the nicer looking one. I can pair it with the good plastic piece.
The piece I really need is the one you have in your hand off the saw. If you want to send me the better looking saw that would be fine.
I think it would be best if we exchanged the shipping addresses via email. My email address is [email protected]

Back