I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. This is the 4.0L V6. Plastic upper manifold (dry....no coolant passages) with an alluminum lower manifold. Leak is definitely at the plastic water outlet/thermostat housing. Saw it leaking, and have already removed and inspected it. Warped and sepparated at the glued seam. That's where the water was shooting out. Crappy design. 132K on the clock and this is the first real issue. Been a few gremlins with the power windows...

ah, 10-4... PIECE of CAKE then... :)

good motor, and would MOST CERTAINLY out run Randy's old beater/ mosquito fogger/ pile any day :laugh: AND get 4x the mileage doing it! lol

I'll just keep on driving my old Chevy truck. 320,000 and counting. ;)
:poke:

Ya don't see anything THAT OLD up here in the NorthEast... we had a truck like that, but I had to get rid of it...

They say up here in the North-East corner of the rust belt, the SOUND of the rust eating away a vehicle will keep you awake at night :msp_ohmy: :D

Hey Jay we were getting about 5 to 6 MPG through the hills of VT LOL

I made a suggestion for ya to NOT go through VT as there are no direct routes east-west that are easy, it's QUITE hilly, and WINDY too!! UNLESS your going to UPSTATE NY...

It may have taken a bit longer to travel back down this way, BUT

A: you get paid per mile
B: you'd save fuel
C: drive is MUCH easier..

how's Pop's doin' BTW? :cheers:

Oh well, SH*T happens...

Hey....... Those look like the saws in the fake Stihl Youtube video from Britain. They don't even look like a 440 for Lord's sakes.

EDIT:
Just realized that there are different saws in the pictures. The first picture looks legit but it is too small to tell for sure.

Last edited:
Husqvarna 16" Chainsaw Bar | eBay

Husqvarna bar huh?? Who knew that Husqvarna was spelled "HOMELITE".........

Yep. He's a dumbass. Now if that was a Homelite 150/E-Z bar, then it WOULD work on a Husky that takes the K095 mount. However, the bar he's listing has the little XL2/Super2 pattern. Won't work on ANY Husky that I know of...

I'll just keep on driving my old Chevy truck. 320,000 and counting. ;)

That doesn't work for the 'put gas in it and go' family car or my commuter that I put 30K+ a year on. I do have old iron however. Got a bunch of old International Harvester Scouts ('67, '74, and some parts rigs) and a 1971 4WD 4-door 3/4 ton pickup (crummy). 392V8, 5-speed O/D manual. Beefy truck. Not going to see the iron thermostat housings fail on those rigs anytime soon!

ah, 10-4... PIECE of CAKE then... :)

good motor, and would MOST CERTAINLY out run Randy's old beater/ mosquito fogger/ pile any day :laugh: AND get 4x the mileage doing it! lol

The 4.0L is a good engine. My 2011 Ranger has one too. Mileage is about 18-21MPG for both. The Explorer is a 2WD with the OD 5-speed auto and 3.50 gears. The Ranger is a 4WD extended cab with a 5-speed manual and 3.73 gears. I commute with the Ranger, and get almost as many MPG as I got with that damn I-4 Mazda I replaced (also 5-speed manual with 3.73 gears). Don't have to work the 4.0L so hard....

I like Randy's 200 I-6. Good engines. Still trying to convince him to put a 289, 302, or 351W in it though. His gets pretty good mileage for an old rig with an auto and no OD.

Ya don't see anything THAT OLD up here in the NorthEast... we had a truck like that, but I had to get rid of it...

They say up here in the North-East corner of the rust belt, the SOUND of the rust eating away a vehicle will keep you awake at night :msp_ohmy: :D

That's a serious problem with the Internationals too.:censored:

Back on topic (quickly before I go shower for work).

What the hell has happened with ebay over the last month or so? Suddenly, people putting up old saws with STUPID starting bid prices. Twice what they were being listed for just a short time ago. Buyers just not showing any self control? If anybody here fits that description, well I have a box of mini-macs that I'll sell you for the bargain price of $500!:yoyo:

What the hell has happened with ebay over the last month or so? Suddenly, people putting up old saws with STUPID starting bid prices. Twice what they were being listed for just a short time ago. Buyers just not showing any self control? If anybody here fits that description, well I have a box of mini-macs that I'll sell you for the bargain price of $500!:yoyo:

That non running Homelite 750 for $500 has not been touched. We are making baby steps.......:clap:

And I am not buying your mini macs.:msp_thumbdn:

And I didn't get one inquiry about my two boat anchor Sears gear drives.:msp_thumbdn:

Back