I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure? I bet if one did a search they would find him mentioned. :jester:

I think he needs to buy a new compression tester, every saw he's selling has "160+psi!" :D

Like Warped said below, he's been mentioned but I've never seen him as a member here.

He has been mentioned here before.

If you read his descriptions, there are a LOT of gaps and 'gray areas'!

Recently someone also noticed that he may be using non-OEM parts, very chintzy looking.

Definitely, buyer beware!

Montgomery Ward Chainsaw

does anybody know where i can find the intake hose for a monygomery ward/clinton chainsaw . it looks like a vacuum cleaner hose if anybody know how i could make one that would be great to.:chainsawguy:

does anybody know where i can find the intake hose for a monygomery ward/clinton chainsaw . it looks like a vacuum cleaner hose if anybody know how i could make one that would be great to.:chainsawguy:

Parts for those have been NLA since around 1973 or so. I've seen a few NOS intake tubes on e-bay but they were so brittle, a stiff breeze would have cracked 'em. Making one might be the way to go.

wards saw

Parts for those have been NLA since around 1973 or so. I've seen a few NOS intake tubes on e-bay but they were so brittle, a stiff breeze would have cracked 'em. Making one might be the way to go.

what could be used to make one any suggestions

what could be used to make one any suggestions

I am thinking something like the large rubber hose used in some automotive PCV/emissions systems.

EDIT:
On older carb'ed engines there was a breather pre-heater tube that ran from the breather cover to a heat shield on a exhaust manifold, maybe it could be used.

Last edited:
I am thinking something like the large rubber hose used in some automotive PCV/emissions systems.

EDIT:
On older carb'ed engines there was a breather pre-heater tube that ran from the breather cover to a heat shield on a exhaust manifold, maybe it could be used.

i would like it to look like the original one but pcv hose might work how would hook it up to the carb

Bay Area Big Saws with even bigger prices.........

Loggers Chainsaw 8 ft

Rare 50" Mcculloch 895 Chainsaw (this one has been listed from $875-2000?)

HOMELITE CHAIN SAWS FOR SALE

Yep. That rusty/crusty McCulloch 895 has been listed with and without pics many times over a year+ period. Been listed for between $875 and $2000, with no logical pattern. Up and down and all around. Another member here has talked with him. Sez the guy think's he has this super-valuable antique. I've emailed back and forth with the guy, and he ignores me now. He's a jackass....

That was a NICE looking PM700. Anybody see the "product info" above the seller's description? Where does that crap come from? I've seen it in several auctions. Always is full of BS and hype (and is worded like a chinese "stihl" copy ad or a nigerian oil rights scam email). Does it come up automaticaly when you list an item (does the ebay system 'match' your item with ones sold already)? If so, are you able to 'opt out' of it? I immagine so, as many listings don't have it. I've never sold anything on feebay, so I don't know the process. Here's what was in that listing...

Detailed item info
Product Information
If you are looking for a saw which will seldom disappoint you on its efficiency, then the Pro Mac 700 is the right choice for you. You are assured a high-quality performance as this McCulloch chain saw is powered with an 80 cc engine NOPE. It's 70cc.. Designed with a 2.125-inch bore, this McCulloch saw gets a compact look. WTF??? The Pro Mac 700 comes with a 5mm stroke which gives you a speedy output.Again.....WTF??? This McCulloch chain saw has an aluminum cylinder which makes it a lighter device. With its stunning performance, this McCulloch saw assures to impress you by all means

Hmm...I searched Bailey's site and didn't find full synthetic cheaper.

I can't get the link to work for some reason, but 24 bottles of 2.5 gallon mix full synthetic is $35.

So $70 for 48 bottles of 2.5 gallon versus almost $100 for 48 of 1 gallon mix. Or am I reading the ebay ad wrong?

you richer guys go ahead and win the saw, then have a neutral third party do a drawing and pick the real winner, losers pony up their share of what it costs at the final winning bid. Bid *sport*... feelin lucky? hehehe

note: not me, I am a full fledged *dozenaire*.....just razzing on ya how to win the saw..someone here will get it then. Or use it for a prize in some other charity get together whatever drawing.

No rich guy here, you missed the joke on that one. :hmm3grin2orange:

Google translate

Yep. That rusty/crusty McCulloch 895 has been listed with and without pics many times over a year+ period. Been listed for between $875 and $2000, with no logical pattern. Up and down and all around. Another member here has talked with him. Sez the guy think's he has this super-valuable antique. I've emailed back and forth with the guy, and he ignores me now. He's a jackass....

That was a NICE looking PM700. Anybody see the "product info" above the seller's description? Where does that crap come from? I've seen it in several auctions. Always is full of BS and hype (and is worded like a chinese "stihl" copy ad or a nigerian oil rights scam email). Does it come up automaticaly when you list an item (does the ebay system 'match' your item with ones sold already)? If so, are you able to 'opt out' of it? I immagine so, as many listings don't have it. I've never sold anything on feebay, so I don't know the process. Here's what was in that listing...

Sounds like a person who doesn't speak english put in what they wanted and that is what google translate came out with. Just guessing though, but I have used google translate enough to recognize what happens. It gets "close", that's about it.

Latest posts

Back