I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I've shipped a few 82cc MACs to and from all over the country using USPS's cheapest - average is about $26.00. Ron

But the USPS is the absolute worst carrier out there.
Send a saw parcel post, It will make 100 stops before
it reachs the receiver. To many chances for damage.
There tracking system is horrible. All because it's run
by our wonderful government.

Lee

But the USPS is the absolute worst carrier out there.
Send a saw parcel post, It will make 100 stops before
it reachs the receiver. To many chances for damage.
There tracking system is horrible. All because it's run
by our wonderful government.

Lee

I have had some bad experiences as well, but at least their claims system is pretty good at paying you quickly - doesn't help much though when you really wanted the item that was lost or damaged. Ron

I have had some bad experiences as well, but at least their claims system is pretty good at paying you quickly - doesn't help much though when you really wanted the item that was lost or damaged. Ron

I shipped a snowmobile clutch to Utha to be ballenced.
They shipped it back to me parcel post mid January.
I received it end of April. Three and a half months.

I sent a Homelite C51 to New Jersey. It never made it.

Lee

I learned long ago. Never ever ship USPS parcel post. USPS Priority, UPS or Fedex only.

Had a saw 3 hrs away take almost 3 weeks to get to me parcel post once. Had a 372 get lost parcel post. Finally got the 372 many weeks later in broken parts, but rebuildable.

$100 MS360 Elkins, AR

Sthil MS360 chainsaw $100 MS360 Elkins, AR

Sthil MS360 chainsaw. Used last year to cut firewood. Very strong, hard working saw...Wouldn't start this spring, probably needs some TLC maybe a plug or the spark coil or something???? Will run a 20 " bar. has 1 20" bar 4-5 chains that go with it. 1 brand new.

4 seven nine, 9 five seven, 2 five 6 eight
or my wife @
4 seven 9 2 three 6, 4 nine 2 seven

I learned long ago. Never ever ship USPS parcel post. USPS Priority, UPS or Fedex only.

Had a saw 3 hrs away take almost 3 weeks to get to me parcel post once. Had a 372 get lost parcel post. Finally got the 372 many weeks later in broken parts, but rebuildable.

I hadn't had too much broken by USPS until recently. I'm wondering if all this talk about cutting back on personnel at the Post Office may have some of them mad. Not that I agree with them, as long as they're getting paid they should do what they're supposed to do.

I hate to tell you this but the others have their nightmare stories also. You probably shouldn't ask me about the sand blaster cabinet I bought and was shipped to me by Fed Ex.

I don't know how other people ship but it would cost me more than that to ship that saw to you. I had that experience last week and lost a few dollars shipping to California.

When I made that post yesterday I hadn't logged into the ebay.ca site (but was logged into 'regular' ebay). As the listing came up on my screen............the shipping was $97! The big McCulloch that this seller had listed was over $118 to ship. After I saw your post here I went back and it was the same thing. Noticed that I had to log in (as I wasn't logged into the canuck ebay site, even though I WAS logged into the 'regular' ebay site) and the shipping cost dropped to $31 and change. Much better........

I hate to tell you this but the others have their nightmare stories also. You probably shouldn't ask me about the sand blaster cabinet I bought and was shipped to me by Fed Ex.

The saw packages that I've received from people that've used FedEx and UPS have almost always looked like they were dropped from a plane. Crunched boxes. Holes. Busted tape. Etc. Only exception is when Jon ships stuff to me from Sacramento (which is in my state). His boxes always arrive undamaged. That must mean that the rough treatment is happening before the more distant packages reach my state. The USPS shipped boxes are usually in pretty good shape.

When I made that post yesterday I hadn't logged into the ebay.ca site (but was logged into 'regular' ebay). As the listing came up on my screen............the shipping was $97! The big McCulloch that this seller had listed was over $118 to ship. After I saw your post here I went back and it was the same thing. Noticed that I had to log in (as I wasn't logged into the canuck ebay site, even though I WAS logged into the 'regular' ebay site) and the shipping cost dropped to $31 and change. Much better........

The saw packages that I've received from people that've used FedEx and UPS have almost always looked like they were dropped from a plane. Crunched boxes. Holes. Busted tape. Etc. Only exception is when Jon ships stuff to me from Sacramento (which is in my state). His boxes always arrive undamaged. That must mean that the rough treatment is happening before the more distant packages reach my state. The USPS shipped boxes are usually in pretty good shape.

A few saws that I shipped this year I stuffed the box with foam carpet padding. It costs several dollars more because the padding is much heavier than foam, the saw (a Mac 10-10) arrived with a broken handle anyway, not a plastic handle but a metal one! I'm thinking the Post Office must have run over the package with an army tank.

A few saws that I shipped this year I stuffed the box with foam carpet padding. It costs several dollars more because the padding is much heavier than foam, the saw (a Mac 10-10) arrived with a broken handle anyway, not a plastic handle but a metal one! I'm thinking the Post Office must have run over the package with an army tank.

I always pack the living #### out of saws when I ship them. Foam blocks, air pillows, old carpet foam, etc. Tape the hell out of the box too. I pack them so tight that there's NO movement of anyting in the box when you shake it......and you can't squeeze it either. It does significantly add to the shipping weight however. Rough estimate is that my packaging adds 5-10 pounds (total, including the box) over the weight of the saw(s) I ship. I've had people who've received saws laugh at my 'overpacking'.....................but have never had one person complain of a saw/part that was damaged by the postal apes when I shipped it!:msp_thumbup:

Yeah, that guy wants a little over $100 to send that saw here. That's a $60 shipment at most. I don't mind giving someone 10 bucks for the packing materials, but I ain't giving 40.

Moot point since it's a $50 saw to begin with.

Yeah, that guy wants a little over $100 to send that saw here. That's a $60 shipment at most. I don't mind giving someone 10 bucks for the packing materials, but I ain't giving 40.

Moot point since it's a $50 saw to begin with.

I recently found out that shipments to California cost more than shipments to Oregon or Washington state. I'd always thought it went by distance, not locality. Anything west of the Mississippi river costs more than those in the east for me.

I recently found out that shipments to California cost more than shipments to Oregon or Washington state. I'd always thought it went by distance, not locality. Anything west of the Mississippi river costs more than those in the east for me.

I was told that one of your carriers, USPS I think, charges a set rate for a certain size and weight of box from the US to Canada, no matter where from or to in either country.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about USPS, but I've gotten a lot of saws shipped through them and never had any trouble. Yet.

Just lucky so far I guess.

I was told that one of your carriers, USPS I think, charges a set rate for a certain size and weight of box from the US to Canada, no matter where from or to in either country.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about USPS, but I've gotten a lot of saws shipped through them and never had any trouble. Yet.

Just lucky so far I guess.

When shipping by USPS to Canuckistan, we are forced to use Priority Mail (which costs twice as much as Parcel Post) if the package is over 4 pounds (1.82 kg or so for you Greenlanders). We have to use the 'long' customs form for those packages too. Last time I shipped a saw to Canada it cost something like $70. I shipped a saw that weighed twice as much to Iowa a few months before, and it was $40 or so. Longer distance, larger/heavier package, but much less moolah....

Latest posts

Back