I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I messaged the Seller yesterday to see if there was a mistake on the shipping charges:...

A little earlier today I sent a similar question to the seller, I'm looking forward to reading the response.

Yeah the seller's "logic" is a little mind boggling, especially since I recently paid $30 in shipping charges from TN for an 028 Super with the case............:dizzy:

I messaged the Seller yesterday to see if there was a mistake on the shipping charges:

Dear romeostudio09,

Why are the shipping charges so high? $120.00 to ship from WA to CA, really?

And here is the response:

the box is huge that covers the case, so shipping is very pricey. But if im shipping to CA i could ship it for $100

- romeostudio09

Uh yeah, no thanks

Ebay will probably ding him on the shipping. I usually don't ship cases with the saws, takes too big a box and the shipping is usually higher but probably not that high...Shipping to California is higher too for some reason, they must put a tax on it or something..

.... somebody here please rescue it.

Mac G-70

There is many members in that area and I would not be surprised if that one is not already gone or at least has a deal worked on it. I would take a swing myself but that is a 150 mile drive for me, then again I am off Monday and don't really have anything to do.........

"no mistake the shipping is very expensive because the box is big"

I know a fellow who ships his saws in the case(only, no box). He told me he just wraps packing tape around the case and puts a label on it. He didn't say whether he put any packing mat'l inside with the saw or not but I could imagine the saw gets a pretty good pounding.

If I were closer I sure would take that 245Poulan, or maybe it's a 306...maybe that 10-10 might be worth saving... Of course if I was there I'd make an offer on all of them!

In the first pic there looks to be a Mac 2-something with a RH start .... might be worth it for the parts. I also noticed what I thought were Homelite Zips and maybe a Poulan Micro.

There's a year's worth of projects and CL sales in there! Easy!

In the first pic there looks to be a Mac 2-something with a RH start .... might be worth it for the parts. I also noticed what I thought were Homelite Zips and maybe a Poulan Micro.

There's a year's worth of projects and CL sales in there! Easy!

I hope the sale tomorrow at CC has a few like that...Right now it's raining here and has for awhile, hope that doesn't shut them down tomorrow. I'll have to see what it's like north of here.l

McCulloch 440....I guess once you over prime it it won't start right again. But is has free shipping with BIN

bob

Wonder how he figures that 440 is "Custom".....

48+ Chain saws & Mowers

See any must haves in here?

That Mac looks like a 2-10 like Ted said. Certainly worth saving for the right price, as is the Poulan 245A or 306A. There's a red Craftsman XXV family saw. If it was a 2.3VL or 2.3PS/VL (red S25-CVA) then I'd be interested in it. As it is, it's still worth saving if it can be gotten cheap. There's also a green Micro in front of the 245A/306A. Looks to be THREE of those big funky yellow tank/blue engine 'centered bar' saws. Can't remember what those are, but at least one guy here (Mr Bow Saw I believe) has posted pics of theirs.

In one pic there's what looks like a blue Homelite XL101 family saw with a red clutch cover (two to the left of the Poulan 245/306). He state's they'll all go to scrap soon, so you may be able to get saws for scrap prices.

I talked to the guy on the phone and he mentioned wanting around $40 a piece for the bigger saws. I mentioned buying them all as a lump for ten a piece and he seemed receptive to the idea but wouldn't commit to a set price. It is an hour away from me. I think cash in hand might get it done. But 120 miles round trip there has to be some value before I will go that far.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I talked to the guy on the phone and he mentioned wanting around $40 a piece for the bigger saws. I mentioned buying them all as a lump for ten a piece and he seemed receptive to the idea but wouldn't commit to a set price. It is an hour away from me. I think cash in hand might get it done. But 120 miles round trip there has to be some value before I will go that far.

Well, the 245/306 will bring around $75-$85 by itself if it's running.

You could keep/sell what's worth it and part out the rest and make a nice profit, IMHO.

Well, the 245/306 will bring around $75-$85 by itself if it's running.

You could keep/sell what's worth it and part out the rest and make a nice profit, IMHO.

I will try and make it work next week if I can pull it off. Wife would have to be totally in the know on it so it is a slim chance but worth a shot:msp_unsure:

Back