I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man ......... that looks pretty short in overall length. Mr. Douglas and Mr. Haney will be relying on their powers of oral persuasion and general good looks. But it wouldn't be the first time that the Autozone has had a robbery in progress in the parking lot. I'll have to show up with my trailer and a log so I can cut a couple of cookies in the parking lot. Probably won't be out of the ordinary for WV.

Very keen observation. It is in fact quite short, 13" barreled AOW Wilson Witness Protection 870. It's got a full pedigree. Not many LEO would have caught that, usually y'all go right for my other goodies, lol.

Very keen observation. It is in fact quite short, 13" barreled AOW Wilson Witness Protection 870. It's got a full pedigree. Not many LEO would have caught that, usually y'all go right for my other goodies, lol.

I work in the Great State of Murderland. Our courts and politicians love murderer's and hate guns.

I work in the Great State of Murderland. Our courts and politicians love murderer's and hate guns.

That is the truth there....... I was pulled over crossing through the corner edge of Maryland, on RT 522 heading to PA, with a unloaded 1911-A1 laying in my front seat and you would have thought I had a whole arsenal of automatic weapons. They ended up turning me loose with a warning because I have concealed carry permits for every state on the east coast except Maryland. I would have that one to but they make it almost impossible to get a non-resident permit, not that getting a resident permit is all that easy, and they refuse to recognize any other states permit.

Maybe I should have added a :msp_biggrin: at the end of my last question.
Cant seem to wright sarcasm.....
Thanks
David

Maybe I should've included a :laugh: on my post. What kind of chainsaws show up on Craig's List in your area of AL, David? Anything good for reasonable prices, or mostly overpriced homeowner type saws?

Chris:
All kinds show up. Most are overpriced homeowner types. Some are not. Some are pro model saws. I have seen a Stihl 361, a Husky 346xp and a large Echo (dont remember model) in the past year. Missed a Poulan 3700 for $25.00 about 3 months back. To slow on the draw.
Ever now and then a GOOD DEAL comes along. But, You got to shoot fast to score.

I have no need for most of them. Even the good ones.

Would love to have that 024 AVS on the B-ham C-list.... But I am to cheap to pay $200.00
for it.

Also looking for a small saw. Something like a Echo 370 to use as a limbing saw.
Got a lead on "like new" Echo 400 for $165.00. It has a 18" bar on it. Would replace the 18with a 14 and limb with it. But once more I may be to cheap to pay $165.00.

Looking for something to learn saw repair on. A running Mac 10-10 or Poulan 3400 or something along that line. Hope to not have to pay no more than $50.00 for it running.

Got a lead on a PP295 that may or may not run. The guy wants $25.00 for it..... I could learn a lot about repair with that saw. Lots of parts around.

David

Chris:
All kinds show up. Most are overpriced homeowner types. Some are not. Some are pro model saws. I have seen a Stihl 361, a Husky 346xp and a large Echo (dont remember model) in the past year. Missed a Poulan 3700 for $25.00 about 3 months back. To slow on the draw.
Ever now and then a GOOD DEAL comes along. But, You got to shoot fast to score.

I have no need for most of them. Even the good ones.

Would love to have that 024 AVS on the B-ham C-list.... But I am to cheap to pay $200.00
for it.

Also looking for a small saw. Something like a Echo 370 to use as a limbing saw.
Got a lead on "like new" Echo 400 for $165.00. It has a 18" bar on it. Would replace the 18with a 14 and limb with it. But once more I may be to cheap to pay $165.00.

Looking for something to learn saw repair on. A running Mac 10-10 or Poulan 3400 or something along that line. Hope to not have to pay no more than $50.00 for it running.

Got a lead on a PP295 that may or may not run. The guy wants $25.00 for it..... I could learn a lot about repair with that saw. Lots of parts around.

David

That sounds a lot like the chainsaws listed on Houston Craig's List. I've gotten a few good deals, but they've been spread out over a couple of years. FWIW, I'd jump on the PP295 for $25.00 even if it doesn't run and/or needs some minor parts. Be careful with Echo saws needing major repairs, despite the large number of Echo saws sold parts can be expensive and elusive (the opposite of what you might expect).

That grey Craftsman/Poulan 3.7 is actually a Poulan 3800 (not 3700). There were no grey 3700's, and the last few red 3.7's were 3800's. Most of the older red 3.7's were 3700s'. Nothing 'wrong' with a 3800. Main dif between them is that the 3700 has a chromed bore and a bare alluminum piston with thin rings, where the 3800 (and the smaller bore 3400) has a chromed piston, thick rings, and a bare alluminum bore.

That sounds a lot like the chainsaws listed on Houston Craig's List. I've gotten a few good deals, but they've been spread out over a couple of years. FWIW, I'd jump on the PP295 for $25.00 even if it doesn't run and/or needs some minor parts. Be careful with Echo saws needing major repairs, despite the large number of Echo saws sold parts can be expensive and elusive (the opposite of what you might expect).

You are absolutely correct. They may be worse than Stihl on prices plus they're harder to find. I'm working on one right now, bought fairly cheap but now have more in it than it's worth and it's still not running!

I have been sending Emails to the guy. He told me he had a local buyer, and tried to up the price to ship it for me. I told him to give the local guy a shot first, and if it didn't work out, to let me know. I think he is legit, just my gut feeling anyways. Good luck man.

Got it. Things couldn't have gone better. Nice guy. Thanks for routing for me. See my thread.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/204131.htm#post3751732

Man if that was local to me, my buddy (who's putting together a museum) would be all over that Disston. Gotta wonder why the seller put up the manual and IPL pics but not pics of the actual saw however...

I was wondering the same thing myself. If I had time for a 7 hour drive this weekend, I'd go find out.

Latest posts

Back