I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Vintage McCulloch 2 Man Chainsaw

two man mcculloch for sale.

I know some of yall flip for these things.

Ok, ive posted a few good deals on here, now somebody help me out and find me a mcculloch super pro 125 thats under a million bucks. I had a line on two but i think they disappeared.

Ironically, that very same seller has a sp125 on eBay right now.

Are you talking about this one?

36" McCulloch Super Pro 125 Logging Chainsaw 123cc, AS IS | eBay

Because i definitely need some guidance here but that saw looks like garbage. Like it sat out in the rain for a few years.

Im thinking it may be worth fixing up at $200 but probably not any higher.

Can i get a second opinion on that?

--I know zilch about those old macs, but you ever see any of the old saws leeha starts out with, and what he ends up with? You get something like that cheap, you do a total tear down and rebuild. Then you got something, most of it is sweat equity and attention to detail.

Last edited:
--I know zilch about those old macs, but you ever see any of the old saws leeha starts out with, and what he ends up with? You get something like that cheap, you do a total tear down and rebuild. Then you got something, most of it is sweat equity and attention to detail.

Hmm, i see them go for between 500-600 in excellent condition and figure this one is going to take some work to get there so for 200 it would probably be a good deal i think but im not site how much higher i would go.
How high would yall bid on a saw in that condition?

Are you talking about this one?

36" McCulloch Super Pro 125 Logging Chainsaw 123cc, AS IS | eBay

Because i definitely need some guidance here but that saw looks like garbage. Like it sat out in the rain for a few years.

Im thinking it may be worth fixing up at $200 but probably not any higher.

Can i get a second opinion on that?

Thank you for the link!!
That saw is now on my Watch very very closely List :msp_sneaky: :laugh:.

I wouldn't surprised to if that saw goes for close to $400.00. It appears to be well-used, but not "like it sat out in the rain for a few years."

:bang:

I'm willing to WAGER a GOOD Bet that if you ASK Lee, he has WAY MORE $$ into it than meets the eye... Not to mention, his time is worth something... :msp_thumbsup:

:bang:

I'm willing to WAGER a GOOD Bet that if you ASK Lee, he has WAY MORE $$ into it than meets the eye... Not to mention, his time is worth something... :msp_thumbsup:

His skills are worth more than the money paid for the project saws, that's for sure, even if this or that saw goes for serious dollars in the "as is" condition.. His restos qualify as artwork. ;)

Just so you won't get the wrong idea about watchers: I have about 10-15 saws I'm watching on ebay, most I have no intent to buy. I'm sure others do the same thing. In my case I'm looking to find out what certain saws are selling for this time of year. There are variations in price but sometimes you can see a trend, such as the run on the Mac 610 saws a few weeks ago. A little later there was a small run on certain Poulan metal saws. Most Stihl models are good but certain ones bring more than they should. All the saws I'm watching are saws I already own. No rule against it that I know of.

Just so you won't get the wrong idea about watchers: I have about 10-15 saws I'm watching on ebay, most I have no intent to buy. I'm sure others do the same thing. In my case I'm looking to find out what certain saws are selling for this time of year. There are variations in price but sometimes you can see a trend, such as the run on the Mac 610 saws a few weeks ago. A little later there was a small run on certain Poulan metal saws. Most Stihl models are good but certain ones bring more than they should. All the saws I'm watching are saws I already own. No rule against it that I know of.

You have a good point, and an interesting one too.

Can you explain how the saw buying seasons and demand peaks work?

Do prices go up the most during christmas, or at the beginning of summer, or when are they in the most demand when prices are the highest?

When is a good time to buy?

You have a good point, and an interesting one too.

Can you explain how the saw buying seasons and demand peaks work?

Do prices go up the most during christmas, or at the beginning of summer, or when are they in the most demand when prices are the highest?

When is a good time to buy?

If you're not wanting a Stihl, a good time to buy is NOW. It might have been better a couple of weeks ago but seems prices are low and it may be due to the poor economy in general. Usually around the first part of December it should be good and early Fall before the cutting season but with all the hurricanes and tornadoes it kind of has things messed up. This terribly hot Summer hasn't helped either. If you're looking to buy I can't think of a better time but hurry while it's still hot.
Having said that, I probably won't be trying to sell any saws for a week or two due to the low prices. I tried a couple this week, lost money on one and barely broke even on the other. I did manage to buy a nice 2.3 Craftsman saw today for $10.

Nope. Big old gear drive. Sharper eyes (even for that teeny picture) will be along soon ...

That's a Super 55 or Super 55A gear drive. I contacted the seller yesterday (since he asked for input in his description) but he has yet to answer or change the description. If you click "classic site" on the bottom of the page, you're taken to the regular ebay listing where the pics are easy to see. Notice that the seller also has the AF cover on backwards as folks often seem to do wiith the S44/S55 saws. It makes 'em look more like a musclecar with the intake pointing towards the front I guess. Seen it many times in CL and ebay listings. The openings should be to the rear, and the "McC" logo shouldn't be upside-down.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back