I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have 3 antique chains saws, $59. ****CALL BEFORE 8PM **** 774-293-0002 thanks

5N55E25M13Eb3If3H7c899e87f2dd089116da.jpg

3 antique chainsaws

Yep. I'll take that West Bender saw if it's too much of a burden...

I've made plans w/ the guy as of yesterday... :msp_sad:

I spoke w/ him this afternoon to finalize plans for meeting up, and he has SINCE gone up (considerably) on his price after a call from Virginia :msp_mad:

As others have stated..this thread is entertaining, but can ABSOLUTELY be a double-edged sword... :(

we'll see what happens later :cheers:

I spoke w/ him this afternoon to finalize plans for meeting up, and he has SINCE gone up (considerably) on his price after a call from Virginia :msp_mad:

As others have stated..this thread is entertaining, but can ABSOLUTELY be a double-edged sword... :(

Then let the guy from Virginia buy it, guy probably wouldn't ship it so he buggered the deal for all the local folks by claiming the saw is worth a gold brick.

have 3 antique chains saws, $59. ****CALL BEFORE 8PM **** 774-293-0002 thanks

5N55E25M13Eb3If3H7c899e87f2dd089116da.jpg

3 antique chainsaws

$59 is a little high for my taste, I could pick up all three of those saws for around $30 if I was patient and kept a look out. I paid $10 for a Poulan Pro 455 and a Stihl 020, the poulan will need some work but the stihl fired up on the 5 pull. Don't pay any more than the original asking price.

I told you I couldn't help myself. I offered $80 and they swiped it up right away. I notice it has the muffler guard. I never noticed one of those before on an SEZ.

Now I have two of them.... lol.

LOL. Gotta have a 'backup'. My Super E-Z AOW has that guard.

photobucket-15155-1338787442509.jpg

photobucket-19685-1338787427419.jpg

Wasn't there some sort of western package someone mentioned about the different muffler and full wrap?

Yep. The IPL for this saw shows the 'western kit' parts.

photobucket-31576-1339312684579.jpg

photobucket-9013-1339312684071.jpg

Here's that saw alongside my SXL-925W (which also has a full wrap handlebar along with a special muffler listed as being for the 'western' version in the IPL).

Then let the guy from Virginia buy it, guy probably wouldn't ship it so he buggered the deal for all the local folks by claiming the saw is worth a gold brick.

lolol...there's one guy in Virginia who has cost me a few deals and some $$....

Same thing's happened to me with a few local CL deals (three deals killed, and one that I'd JUST completed as 'the call' came in). Even if the mystery men from VA or upstate NY don't TELL the seller specifically that the saw is worth big bux, the idea WILL pop into his head on his own. "That guy from accoss the country is offering me big money to box and ship this old junker............it MUST be worth much more then I'm asking for it"....:bang:

Then there's the Mall-6 that I tried to help Bob C in Oz get from my area. The seller jerked him around with the shipping (until the deal failed)........then relisted the same saw for $100 more than he'd been listing it for over the previous six plus months. Obviously he must've come to the conclusion that he wasn't asking enough for that 'treasure' if a guy with a funny accent from another continent was willing to buy it and pay for shipping......:msp_unsure:

Same thing's happened to me with a few local CL deals (three deals killed, and one that I'd JUST completed as 'the call' came in). Even if the mystery men from VA or upstate NY don't TELL the seller specifically that the saw is worth big bux, the idea WILL pop into his head on his own. "That guy from accoss the country is offering me big money to box and ship this old junker............it MUST be worth much more then I'm asking for it"....:bang:

Then there's the Mall-6 that I tried to help Bob C in Oz get from my area. The seller jerked him around with the shipping (until the deal failed)........then relisted the same saw for $100 more than he'd been listing it for over the previous six plus months. Obviously he must've come to the conclusion that he wasn't asking enough for that 'treasure' if a guy with a funny accent from another continent was willing to buy it and pay for shipping......:msp_unsure:

I know your not talking about me. But whoever it may be, talking smack to ruin a deal is plain dirty!
Give up the name and I'll drive by his place for you..... I hate scumbags!

I know your not talking about me. But whoever it may be, talking smack to ruin a deal is plain dirty!
Give up the name and I'll drive by his place for you..... I hate scumbags!

I know it ain't you Randy. We've talked about those happenings before. I never got names from the sellers, just mention of guys from those locations....

That bleeping sucks! I hope it isn't someone from AS, but it's a distinct possiblity.

lolol...there's one guy in Virginia who has cost me a few deals and some $$....

Track him down, & send some ASers to beat the living :poop: out of him :msp_ohmy:.

It doesn't take much to plant the 'underpriced seed' in the minds of some sellers.

I've never contacted a CL seller about shipping a saw, but if I did, I would tread very lightly around as to why I was willing to pay to have a saw shipped.

Only thing I've gotten shipped was a 511A grinder. Guy was so happy to sell it, he shipped it for free.:)

Latest posts

Back