I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's "Enabler". I've been accused of that more than a few times.............................and have more than a few of my OWN enablers here....:D

I resemble that remark. Oh by the way Aaron, that other saw will be in my posession by about 1730 today. So you should have it on Friday, or Monday. I am neither instigator, nor enabler. I prefer "facilitator"..............:smile2:

I resemble that remark. Oh by the way Aaron, that other saw will be in my posession by about 1730 today. So you should have it on Friday, or Monday. I am neither instigator, nor enabler. I prefer "facilitator"..............:smile2:

Thanks Jonathan. You are my chief facilitator.:D

It's a McCulloch 380

I take it you were able to see the model number on the AF cover Jon? I couldn't make it out, but that sure makes sense. You're getting some magnesium in your blood afterall. It's an 87cc saw. Predecessor to the 300. Followed the similar 1-53. The 380 is manual oiler only (in the US, there was a non-US 380A with an auto oiler), while the 300 has the auto oiler pump in the fuel tank. According to McCulloch (in the 1965 WSM Supplement) the 87cc auto oiler saw needs in the US were filled by the 440 during this time period. A 380 will have the McCulloch ('flatback') carb, while the 300 got a Tillotson HL.

That saw's well worth $20 in that condition, even as a parts saw.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n3663xvh9ussii5

Last edited:
I take it you were able to see the model number on the AF cover Jon? I couldn't make it out, but that sure makes sense. You're getting some magnesium in your blood afterall. It's an 87cc saw. Predecessor to the 300. The 380 is manual oiler only (in the US, there was a non-US 380A with an auto oiler), while the 300 has the auto oiler pump in the fuel tank. According to McCulloch (in the 1965 SM Supplement) the 87cc auto oiler saw needs in the US were filled by the 440 during this time period....

even looking through the "right" part of my glasses I couldn't see the model number. I based it off of common misreadings by McCullough sellers, and the orientation of the caps, cover nut, and choke and oiler position.

McCuloch chainsaw 16" bar
3220325601.html

That's the a lot of saw value for $45. I traded away a PM10-10 just like that......other than the tape holding the handle insert on in the photo. Wonder if the guy knows that the insert is held in the handle by the rear handlebar brace screw...

BrocLuno..................if you're here you should talk to Fraser here about picking up that saw (or a 7-10A or PM700 as they pop up in his local CL quite often) for the park FP group. You've seen how my PM700 does at the park.:cheers:

Any members close to this willing to help me make the deal??

I looked it up, and I am about 3 hours away. I contacted the seller, and was thinking about making the trip, but I think that I will leave that 655 to you guys. If I went that far it would be for me.

I notice that it is not a BP.... A BP looks like this:

029.jpg

Best of luck to you all. Hope one of you gets it.

I looked it up, and I am about 3 hours away. I contacted the seller, and was thinking about making the trip, but I think that I will leave that 655 to you guys. If I went that far it would be for me.

I notice that it is not a BP.... A BP looks like this:

029.jpg

Best of luck to you all. Hope one of you gets it.

Seller replied to an email and still had it as of 7:15pm. anybody closer willing to get it, or would you be interested in selling or bartering yours?!!!:msp_w00t:SWEEET saw!!!

Last edited:
Seller replied to an email and still had it as of 7:15pm. anybody closer willing to get it, or would you be interested in selling or bartering yours?!!!:msp_w00t:SWEEET saw!!!

It would have to be an offer that I can't refuse, or some saw in return that I really want.......... That is one of my nicest saws in the entire collection.

Like I said, best of luck getting that one on CL.

Latest posts

Back