Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thats not the right handle in that picture. Thats a 500 handle!

That thing was a mess.

Do you have the 590 IPL?

It shows the right parts in it and there identical to the 5000 I pictured.

Look at this IPL, the bottom bracket has a rounded recess to meet up with a round tube??? and the AV parts in that area match what I have. I boxed the areas in red...

I just re-read this entire thread, and man, I've come a long way! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me over the past year a half. My saws would not be running if it weren't for you guys! I got all 4 of my saws into some wood today. Had a big oak in my back yard that was topped previous to me buying the house. It was in sad shape, and I have 15 others on my property so it had to go. Used the 36 to top it (18 inches where I cut, it was about all it could handle), the 52 for limbing, the 80 to drop it and cut the stump, and my 625II to buck it up. I recently put a 20in bar on the 625 running a full comp full chisel, and the thing would not quit. I've been really impresed with that saw! Just rambling a bit, but again I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your knowledge with me!

Just thought I'd post a shot of my newly acquired Jred 520 to get in on the fun. Put through some wood today and she runs pretty sweet!
0103111634.jpg

I just got a full wrap handlebar for my 2188 last week. It certainly rocks out!

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

What doesn't rock out so much is that I bent my bar bucking some downhill laying poplar on a 60 degree slope. The buck finished and one log slid down next to the other bending my bar beyond repair. Needless to say I left that bar in the woods.

I just got a full wrap handlebar for my 2188 last week. It certainly rocks out!

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

What doesn't rock out so much is that I bent my bar bucking some downhill laying poplar on a 60 degree slope. The buck finished and one log slid down next to the other bending my bar beyond repair. Needless to say I left that bar in the woods.

LOL What really sucks is that it was done in by damn poplar!!!!!!!! Ten of those are not worth even an old beat bar!!!! Sorry for your loss!!!!:cheers:

and man, I've come a long way! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me over the past year a half. My saws would not be running if it weren't for you guys!
Just rambling a bit, but again I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your knowledge with me!

I feel the same way, the guys on here are great and a wealth of knowledge. :cheers:

yes, it is made in sweden

says sandvik with a picture of a fish next to it :hmm3grin2orange:

after the sweden it says 84a (not sure if that means it was made in 84)

Thanks, that was no surprice - I have no idea about the 84a though - your guess is as good as mine....;)

Thanks, that was no surprice - I have no idea about the 84a though - your guess is as good as mine....;)

1984 would be about right. It is a "Jonsered", not "Jonsereds", and that change took place around 1983. And that bar looks no newer than mid-80's.

Another Jonsered sign.

DSC_0059.jpg

Cool, but all those posters show "E-lux Jonsereds", and not real Jonsereds - they are a bit too new for that, probably from the 1980s! :cheers:

Btw, all the current ones are "Husky Jonsereds", except the two cheapest ones - but you surely know all that.

Does anyone know what model this is? Its missing some parts and the tag. Or at least I cant find the tag.
IMG_20110104_200856.jpg

Latest posts

Back