Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some other Sandvik bars

DSC_0015.jpg

http://
DSC_0012-1.jpg

Sandvik was then and is now even a bigger player in the mining business, making everything from rock drills to crushers and compactors. I seen a couple NOS bars in the shop years ago with their logo, and bought them quick and cheap because nobody knew anything about them fish bars. Quality stuff, I've used or worked with a lot of drill steel and bits, around crushers, and whilst not cheap, they are some of the best.

Figured I'd jump in on this thread as I started collecting Jonseys well before I was collecting Homeys. Dug out this 930 Super over the weekend and took it over to ModifiedMark's. After we changed the impulse line, I was reminded why I liked this saw so much. Quite frankly, it was even more impressive than I remember. These days, all I have I left of my Jonseys is a 910, 920, and this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

590 carb mount piece

attachment.php

How do you get this off of a 590? Mine seems very stuck.

cbfarmall: Nice looking saw!

briantutt: That manifold is attached to the crankcase with at least one screw. Did you take those out? If I remember right, there is only a rubber hose thing that attaches to the cylinder; no bolts attaching it to the cylinder.

I'll tell you, I was trying to figure out a way to have Chris forget that saw at my house when he left.

That saws a monster.

:laugh: tiz a nice one Chris!! :cheers:

Mr. Big Saw has a NICE west coast 930 also..

what is the difference between the 910, 920 and 930?? ( I've heard the 2094/95 was based off the 930..I can see some similarities (IF you put TURBO behind the JONSERED on the back of the top cover, looks like it would fit :cheers: )

J

For a while I only had one J-red a 111S, but I used to use Jony reds all the time back about 10yrs ago when I had a dealer locally. Lately though I have been on the lookout for some nice vintage ones and I have managed to bag a few. I now have three 111S, a 2094, a 930, an 801 and a Racket 75 that I finally got running good. I have a vid on you tube of the first 111S, but will try to put up some nice cutting videos of the rest over the next few weekends. I am still on the look out for a model 90 and a model XF if any of you guys run across one you don't want to buy yourself. I really like how the ones I have so far cut and am suprised my the racket 75.

paint

i was thinking of touching up the clutch cover and handle mount bar thats above it. Does paint exist that matches the red?

i was thinking of touching up the clutch cover and handle mount bar thats above it. Does paint exist that matches the red?

I believe there is an implement paint in red that is a pretty close match. I will see if I still have a can to get some specifics for you.

How big is it? No info on Acres...

87cc. Pretty sure it is simply a 930. The Super may have been marketing only. The IPL is titled 930 but the decal listed inside is clearly a Super 930.

However....I am discovering something interesting about this saw. Notice in my last picture the AV spring mount next to the cylinder. The 930 IPL shows all rubber mounts and the 2094 shows all spring mounts. I doubt the rear handle would be compatible with both styles. Do I have a slightly mutt saw, or some late 930 Super? It also has the studs to run a standard Husky bar, but I know this was a common user adaptation.

Chris B.

87cc. Pretty sure it is simply a 930. The Super may have been marketing only. The IPL is titled 930 but the decal listed inside is clearly a Super 930.

However....I am discovering something interesting about this saw. Notice in my last picture the AV spring mount next to the cylinder. The 930 IPL shows all rubber mounts and the 2094 shows all spring mounts. I doubt the rear handle would be compatible with both styles. Do I have a slightly mutt saw, or some late 930 Super? It also has the studs to run a standard Husky bar, but I know this was a common user adaptation.

Chris B.

Later 830 and 930's came from the factory with the standard Husky mounts. I have the part number around here somewhere for the new studs. The old JRed mount is hard to find anymore and I want to switch over a few of my saws. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like a simple switch.

It also looks like the later 830 and 930's came with a spring mount where yours is. I have an 830 IPL showing the spring in that location. Could also be that the 830's came with a spring while the 930's had the rubber mount for more serious use and yours has the spring as a replacement? Either way, your 930 is a sweet saw. :cheers:

Last edited:
Later 830 and 930's came from the factory with the standard Husky mounts. I have the part number around here somewhere for the new studs. The old JRed mount is hard to find anymore and I want to switch over a few of my saws. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like a simple switch.

Do you think this is the case for my 70E? The studs are very large...

Do you think this is the case for my 70E? The studs are very large...

I believe it is. From what I can tell, you can take out the 70E studs and replace them with the 2095 studs. Again, I have not tried this but it does look like it would be a direct swap without any modification.

Back