McBob's new Alky Burning Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ol split post will this keep you entertained i have only to hookup the throttle rod and Bob's ya uncle ..............

090alky2.jpg

090alky1.jpg

P.S i have 3 different pipes here surely one of em will get her "Yang" going

090pipe2.jpg

090pipe1.jpg

The black pipe is off a US820 @ 134cc so should be a good starting point for the 090 i have another pipe with a centre section more along the lines of what i've seen on the aussie saws.

McBob.

Wow, that is going to beat the rest just on looks alone sir.
Where are you going to run it in november, can we have a date and place please.
Reading this thread gives out siders like me the impression a lot of guys are completly jeolouse of your ability to build and race your own saws.
Do you think that saw will beat those saws which compete here at camden show.

[snip]

Reading this thread gives out siders like me the impression a lot of guys are completly jeolouse of your ability to build and race your own saws.

I think your BS meter needs recalibrating a little, just saying ;)

More power to Bob for having a crack at something a bit different and old school, but there's much more to going fast through a block than the powerhead, and it's not easy to to do a bore cut, down-up-down-up and stay within the 4" line, particularly under pressure in the comp ring :D

(Disclaimer: I've never raced saws, but been lucky enough to meet and be helped by some of the blokes that do. Regarding the pressure of competing, I've raced at State and National Championship level in another sport, plus supported SWMBO in her chosen sport where she's won at International level and is a multiple State and National Champion, so I've seen first hand how some can cope and some can't when it's actually on the line.
It's not always pretty.
BTW, if you'd ever met her you'd never know from talking to her what she's achieved and most all people that have ever met her don't. She's never been one to big note or talk herself up, yet she was one of the best in her sport in this country for quite a few years, a bit like some of the Aussie saw racers on this board ;) )

Thanks TDI-RICK ...................... its great fun regardless and helps relieve the boredom

090handleav2.jpg

090handleav1.jpg

McBob.

And thanks to those who have written to me i appreciate you kind words and yes i will stick it up them. Thanks Brothers

I think your BS meter needs recalibrating a little, just saying ;)

More power to Bob for having a crack at something a bit different and old school, but there's much more to going fast through a block than the powerhead, and it's not easy to to do a bore cut, down-up-down-up and stay within the 4" line, particularly under pressure in the comp ring :D

(Disclaimer: I've never raced saws, but been lucky enough to meet and be helped by some of the blokes that do. Regarding the pressure of competing, I've raced at State and National Championship level in another sport, plus supported SWMBO in her chosen sport where she's won at International level and is a multiple State and National Champion, so I've seen first hand how some can cope and some can't when it's actually on the line.
It's not always pretty.
BTW, if you'd ever met her you'd never know from talking to her what she's achieved and most all people that have ever met her don't. She's never been one to big note or talk herself up, yet she was one of the best in her sport in this country for quite a few years, a bit like some of the Aussie saw racers on this board ;) )

Well said rick, and so true,,,

One thing i will add to old bob is this,,, he is constantly on the same road, nothing changes and has kept the members on several chainsaw forums entertained for years with tall stories, gossip from around the world or round the corner and general internett know - how.

question bob,,, why do you need that handle when your pics clearly show chineese handles already on the saws. (just a little confussing).

Well said rick, and so true,,,

One thing i will add to old bob is this,,, he is constantly on the same road, nothing changes and has kept the members on several chainsaw forums entertained for years with tall stories, gossip from around the world or round the corner and general internett know - how.

question bob,,, why do you need that handle when your pics clearly show chineese handles already on the saws. (just a little confussing).

Well i suppose a man needs a little in the way of creature comforts as little as they are i'll have no 090 shakin me in my boots i might be old and grey but hey my brain doesn't need shakin

Thanks Neil i know deep down your my number one supporter just got to get Deano and Willie on side i know ya's are just human and have been mislead in life by the current fad of lovin Huskies but i know ya's will come back to the fold when you's see the truth ..................... Mac's Rule .................

McBob.

Well i suppose a man needs a little in the way of creature comforts as little as they are i'll have no 090 shakin me in my boots i might be old and grey but hey my brain doesn't need shakin

Ok thats fair enough, are those chineese handles mounted direct to the powerhead, the pics don't show exactly how they are bolted on. Both my own 090's are on par with the 125's i own and all are ok regarding vibration. Have you actualy run them in something just for feel, they may be ok as is.

Thanks Neil i know deep down your my number one supporter just got to get Deano and Willie on side i know ya's are just human and have been mislead in life by the current fad of lovin Huskies but i know ya's will come back to the fold when you's see the truth ..................... Mac's Rule .................

McBob
dear oh dear,,,,, have a nice day uncle robert......

Remember, Macs Ruled........................................................................................................once

Last edited:
Ok thats fair enough, are those chineese handles mounted direct to the powerhead, the pics don't show exactly how they are bolted on. Both my own 090's are on par with the 125's i own and all are ok regarding vibration. Have you actualy run them in something just for feel, they may be ok as is.

dear oh dear,,,,, have a nice day uncle robert......

Remember, Macs Ruled................ ...................... ........................ ...................... ....................once

Chinese or German both are the same mounts and all i just feel like a bit of luxury young grasshopper

I see your starting to soften young grasshopper and your stuttering ..... the length of this thread is getting terribly long young Neil but it's for your enjoyment

Mac's aint dead yet

Well ol split post will this keep you entertained i have only to hookup the throttle rod and Bob's ya uncle ..............

090alky2.jpg

090alky1.jpg

P.S i have 3 different pipes here surely one of em will get her "Yang" going

090pipe2.jpg

090pipe1.jpg

The black pipe is off a US820 @ 134cc so should be a good starting point for the 090 i have another pipe with a centre section more along the lines of what i've seen on the aussie saws.

McBob.

I believe a properly computerdevelloped expansion chamber could give you an edge over these:msp_wink:

Proberly would just that i'm going to suck it and see first i have a program here that young Dean put me onto and i have had a look see its a lot of work building pipes but it could happen might have to sink a few first to git in the mood .................. after all its only a Stihl 090 and there never that fast anyway.

McBob.

So, Cahoon ported some asian parts for McBob and Brad has the video to prove it????:dizzy:

And then there is a muffler doing something to someone in NSW????:msp_scared:

The suspense builds.....

Mr. HE:cool:

So, Cahoon ported some asian parts for McBob and Brad has the video to prove it????:dizzy:

And then there is a muffler doing something to someone in NSW????:msp_scared:

The suspense builds.....

Mr. HE:cool:

Well you'd better inform Dennis about having wet dreams ..........................

Last edited:
DC wouldnt touch Chinese junk or Bob with a 40 foot poll. Good to see the BS is still as deep as ever............

Let me guess, these saws havent even fired yet

Wow, that is going to beat the rest just on looks alone sir.
Where are you going to run it in november, can we have a date and place please.

Can I ask what country you are originally from 090 man? You don't talk like an Aussie with "sir" this and "sir" that. Can't help but notice you only pop up after this thread has been quiet for a while. You're not on old Bob's payroll are you?
A good mate of mine is heavily involved with dairy cattle at Camden and the show as well.
Had a coffee there a few months back and bought some books in a little book store.

Also building a saw is one thing, racing it is another...

Can I ask what country you are originally from 090 man? You don't talk like an Aussie with "sir" this and "sir" that. ...

So folks in Australia do not call people "sir". How do up address a person with respect then? Here is it yes sir and yes mamm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back