McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on up to Ma.
I can let you run all of these except the 090G.
I hear there not all what there cracked up to be.
I would take a Homie 3100G over an 090G
Also have the only 797G that i know of.

Lee
Hmm, well I think that would be a good time. Love to see your collection someday. (and a 166) :)

Is it just me or does it seem like the bigger Macs are easier to find than the Stihls?

Is it just me or does it seem like the bigger Macs are easier to find than the Stihls?

I think there are more large Stihls out there personally. But the people selling them think they are made of gold and fairy dust. You could buy a Super 797 and a Super Pro 125 for the price of an 090. I have seen them on ebay for as high as $3000. For that reason I would love to get my hands on one cheap, fix it up and get rid of it for the two previously mentioned Macs. But since they are made of gold and fairy dust I dont think I will find one cheap.:)

Randy you just pulling my leg? :)

I mean it sounds reasonable, but kinda crazy.
Ill try to clean up the yellow top tommorow. Been outside for many years but luckily tied to a rafter under a tin roof.

I think there are more large Stihls out there personally. But the people selling them think they are made of gold and fairy dust. You could buy a Super 797 and a Super Pro 125 for the price of an 090. I have seen them on ebay for as high as $3000. For that reason I would love to get my hands on one cheap, fix it up and get rid of it for the two previously mentioned Macs. But since they are made of gold and fairy dust I dont think I will find one cheap.:)

We have all seen the saws on the BAY, but keep in mind what they actually sell for. A nice 090 can bring $1000. I have never seen one actually sell for $3000, unless it was new in box status. But then that is a different breed of collection.
I have seen some 125's bring close to and a touch over a $1000(not counting one for $1600?!?!?) It is up to the collector and or user. I believe most older Macs and older Homeys are sold at there current price for collectors. I see alot of 090's and 090G's sold to people that are going to be using them. Which seems to keep the price up there as there are more competing for a product.

As Lee said, he would take a 3100G over a 090G. We are talking preference.
At auction, the 090G will bring in general twice what the 3100G sells for.
I am going by the last 2 auctions I have seen on Ebay.

Teddy, monetary value doen't not relate to performance, a 3100 would wipe the floor with a 090G, and be more fun to use. The 090 is a great chainsaw, but the myths are far larger than the saw. I'm glad that you are happy with your choice of chainsaws, more power to you, carry on.

Teddy, monetary value doen't not relate to performance, a 3100 would wipe the floor with a 090G, and be more fun to use. The 090 is a great chainsaw, but the myths are far larger than the saw. I'm glad that you are happy with your choice of chainsaws, more power to you, carry on.

I have no power! I am just a lil' guy!
I love the old saws, just keep to a handful! It would be out of control if I dove into the others. I just like the idea of finding the old beast and either completing them or just (in my case) trying to working on them. I love the hunt for parts, sometimes frustrating but always enjoying. I love the excitement ANYONE gets when they find THEIR SAW!!!! This is a AWESOME thread. Seems to be a more dedicated crowd towards the old iron here. Plus the history that is shared is amazing. People that worked with these saws seem to be more centrally located here to. It is why I find my self here peaking in. Not here to mean or pick on ANY one. Too small for that! LOL!!!

We like to see ya here Teddy,
It's not a pi%$#ing contest as to whats
better or has more power. We just like
the old saws.
You should think about getting at least
one Yellow saw to keep the creamsickles
company. I have many different colors
in my collections and haven't seen a fight
yet. Although i don't know what happens
after hours. If theres a bit of a ruffus they
clean up after themselfs.
Someday i will get an 090G, I t would be fun
to run all the geardrives together.

Lee

We like to see ya here Teddy,
It's not a pi%$#ing contest as to whats
better or has more power. We just like
the old saws.
You should think about getting at least
one Yellow saw to keep the creamsickles
company. I have many different colors
in my collections and haven't seen a fight
yet. Although i don't know what happens
after hours. If theres a bit of a ruffus they
clean up after themselfs.
Someday i will get an 090G, I t would be fun
to run all the geardrives together.

Lee

I even have a Yellow saw to go along with the Orange & Black saws!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Consider your leg pulled laddy.
Thanks Randy :mad: lol, just kidding. :)

I am trying to get a few saws of the same error and size to compare.

Like the 1-43 Mac and the C71 homelite. It is interesting to me to see how they compare side by side.
At the last GTG we sank Stinkbaits 125 into a 40" white oak, right after my 3120 and the conclusion was that the 125 is quicker. But that wasnt a scientific event or timed. But the cool factor of that 125 slinging chips, and the exhaust keeps them blown out from under the saw, its just unbelievable

Latest posts

Back