McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you found your part CPR. These Macs seem to be addictive, almost a separate CAD.QUOTE]

I believe the Yellow Fever is one of the original strains of CAD, followed closely by Homelititus and Titanitus, foriegn viruses showed up in the 1970s, but didn't take off until the mid 1980s. There is treatment, but no cure for any versions of CAD, the older strains are just as virulent today as they were in the past. The newer strains have an odd way of changing colors, from orange and grey, to all orange or even to red and black, with a strange blue shade now and then.

I believe the Yellow Fever is one of the original strains of CAD, followed closely by Homelititus and Titanitus, foriegn viruses showed up in the 1970s, but didn't take off until the mid 1980s. There is treatment, but no cure for any versions of CAD, the older strains are just as virulent today as they were in the past. The newer strains have an odd way of changing colors, from orange and grey, to all orange or even to red and black, with a strange blue shade now and then.

I am color blind! LOL!
attachment.php

WOW! I think I just walked into a bar of old crumpy laborers and called every one lil'girls!!!! Glad I can run fast!

I am color blind! LOL!

WOW! I think I just walked into a bar of old crumpy laborers and called every one lil'girls!!!! Glad I can run fast!

You've been infected with yellow fever and are in the rare denial stages. I mean, after all, you are reading and posting in the Mac thread...:clap:. Where's that Stihl thread, anyway???

You've been infected with yellow fever and are in the rare denial stages. I mean, after all, you are reading and posting in the Mac thread...:clap:. Where's that Stihl thread, anyway???

I guess I am a loaner in the Stihl side!!!!

Nice posts with the rebuilds-repairs cpr keep up the good work!!!! :cheers:

Too late for you Teddy my lad. I've seen you put on shades and pull your hat down, tryin' to hide while you were in the trading post looking at Gary's 795. A little yellow devil poking a hot french fry in your eye "pay attention" he says, "buy this and step away from the cream sickles"

LMAO!!!! Teddy, you're ok, you put that scabby saw in your livingroom.:clap:

Too late for you Teddy my lad. I've seen you put on shades and pull your hat down, tryin' to hide while you were in the trading post looking at Gary's 795. A little yellow devil poking a hot french fry in your eye "pay attention" he says, "buy this and step away from the cream sickles"

LMAO!!!! Teddy, you're ok, you put that scabby saw in your livingroom.:clap:

I got lost! Figured I would find direction on one of Garys adds! Just happen to be a Mac! I love my cream sickles! Plus IT ISN'T IN MY LIVING ROOM! That would be weird! It is on my DRESSER!!!!

Hoss, that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

Hope to see that point get proven sometime or another.

Ya, It was a good one! But if it need be, I will were the sauerkraut title with dignity!

You might try searching this site. There are a lot of the later era "consumer" model IPLs, but not too many of the bigger saws. You would use the 11 along with 60013416to find the IPL. I looked for a bit but did not see it. Figured I'd let you have some of the fun. ;)

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McCulloch_Parts_Service_Repair_Manuals/Gas_Powered_Chain_Saws/

If nothing else, you could pull up the IPLs of some other EB saws. I think McCulloch enjoyed making a million different parts listings. There might be 1 slight change, no matter how trivial, that change would bring on another IPL.

Thanks, I didn't find the Eager Beaver 3.14 but from researching today I learned that the Mcculloch Pro Mac 610/650 service manual
SI-136 are the same and there are plenty on this site.

Those creamsickles might be fun to run,
But i would have more fun with a good ole Mac 797.
But thats just me.

Lee

Well, yeah!!!!... but I would like to try an 090...

against the Super 797 once I change the rings :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Well, yeah!!!!... but I would like to try an 090...
against the Super 797 once I change the rings :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It wouldn't be much of a contest, even with 60" bars. I have heard claims of 72" on 090s, I have never seen that much bar on an 090, I think it maxs out at 60". I have used 895s with 72" of bar, they did well enough.

My first experience working on a 110...

I bought 2 mini macs on flea bay from California. The guy I bought them from said they did not work and he knew little about them. When they got here one of them had a broken recoil rope, the chain was seized from sitting and the bar is not much better. The other one had the chain rusted solidly into the bar, sprayed down, set aside and got the chain out later. Started on the one with the recoil rope busted and found that it had spark and compression. Found it was not getting gas. Put it in the bench vise and turned the vise strait out to me and listened to some advice for the first time in my life from an old saw mechanic who is legally blind (he has no central vision, just peripheral) who told me to put it in a vise by the bar and you can un-bolt the housings and they pull right apart. Worked like a charm. Fuel line was full of holes. Replaced, fueled, saw started right up:chainsawguy:.
The other one has spark and compression, hopefully it will be as easy as the first one. If it works as easily, then I will have two top handles for $18.00 before shipping.

It wouldn't be much of a contest, even with 60" bars. I have heard claims of 72" on 090s, I have never seen that much bar on an 090, I think it maxs out at 60". I have used 895s with 72" of bar, they did well enough.

Hi,

here are a couple of pics from the G. F. Beranek book - 'High Climbers and Timber Fallers' showing an 090 with fitted out with an 84" bar. She must have been working hard with that much bar in tow. Definitely gear drive material those lengths.

Being a McCulloch thread - I had to include a picture of the mighty SP125, fitted in this case with the Kart engine.

The book is an excellent read and is available to order from him at:

http://www.atreestory.com/

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back