McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I allways used photobucket but this works too.:)
Thanks SawGarage.:cheers:

attachment.php

after you open the 'reply' where you would type, look to the bottom...below where you would hit 'submit reply'.

you will see manage attachments.

click that.

browse your computer to find the picture.

attach it.

go to the bottom of the 'manage attachments' window.

Hit close.

one step further that will put the picture up for all to view, without having to click:

once the attachment window is closed,

right click on the photo attachment ( again, down by manage attachments)

scroll to copy link location.

go up above where you type where the font, color, etc is.

click on the 'mountain'

paste the info there.

hit enter.

there is a good writeup if you search as well.

Jay

thanks for help I'm better at saws them computers I guess

Just curious!
What is this, or what are the possible models it could be?
Thanks guys!

Teddy, That is an 800 Series McCulloch as evidenced by the gear drive. Without a compression release, it is either an 840 or an 890.

The 895 would have the spring lever operated compression release just like the 795.

I have an 840 with a 48" bar and believe me when I tell you it will effectively utilize all of that bar.

attachment.php

Mark

Teddy, That is an 800 Series McCulloch as evidenced by the gear drive. Without a compression release, it is either an 840 or an 890.

The 895 would have the spring lever operated compression release just like the 795.

I have an 840 with a 48" bar and believe me when I tell you it will effectively utilize all of that bar.

Mark

Mc75, Mc100, and all of the 101 series
to the best of my knowledge.

Lee

Thank you guys!
If it works out I want ONE! yes ONE yellow thing!
I will focus on the CREAM SICKLES!
But will be bugging for just on yellow thing!
And it will be a runner! not a shelf queen!

Again thank you guys!

well I tried to get a picture up of my Mac 35A I picked up for $3.00 in perfect almost new condition just dirty it has a 23in original bar with dovetail chain and a 19in bar no chain it is fun as he--to cut with IL still try to get pictures up

That photo is a David Bradley, I would guess a three-sixty. Probably a fun saw to run and should have lots of spares available, but it's not a McCulloch of any sort.

Mark

That photo is a David Bradley, I would guess a three-sixty. Probably a fun saw to run and should have lots of spares available, but it's not a McCulloch of any sort.

Mark

ya I no its not a mac read what I wrote I couldn't get the Mac pictures up than I couldn't get the DB pictures off a small storm came past and I'm using wifi

McCulloch 310?

I have a Montgomery Wards TMY 24068A saw that i'm told in actuallity is a McCulloch 310. (Made for MW). I've never owned a saw, and picked it up at a garage sale for $5 and am a virgin when it comes to these. I got it to start once for about 5 seconds. Since then my ####### friend messed with the buttons on it. In the attached pic "SAW.JPG" there are 2 buttons that i'm clueless about. The small one is spring loaded and goes up and down. The big one turns and clicks. In the pic "SAW1.JPG" is a single button just I have on my weedeater. In one position it runs, the other it doesn't. Which is which? Up to run or down to run? Thanks for any help you can give.

What you have is the same as a 310. The first picture is the choke, and the other button in the black there is a throttle lock for starting. Pull the choke button up to start, depress the throttle trigger, and pull up on the throttle latch, and while holding it, let go of the throttle. This holds the throttle open to help you start it. It also will cut anything in the way until you blip the trigger again. The little button next to the handle is the manual oiler (no, it doesn't have an auto oiler) for the chain, and the bigger button towards the bar and chain is one of the greatest farces of all time, a power sharp feature you don't want mess with. These saws are not rare, even the Monkey Wards version, and you'll have a hard time finding some one knowledgeable to work on them, because they will quickly have more in labor than the saw is worth. The good news is they are not exactly impossible to work on yourself, and you can find most of the parts, but coils are hard to come by.

Last edited:
Re: 310?

Got it to start for a couple more seconds, but it smokes more than what seems normal, and it won't stay started. Trying to figure out how to access the spark plug. Looks like a major operation.....

No, but you will need to remove the clutch/bar cover. If its sat along time the fuel lines will almost surely be junk; fill the tank with fresh mix. Wait for a puddle to appear under the saw. If no puddle appears, you have lucked out. I can't walk you through a rebuild now, got to leave for a ball game, but maybe somebody else or even me later can help you out. Good Luck!

Re: 310

I sprayed out the filter wioth brake cleaner and the carb area, and she ran for about 20 seconds this time real good then quit. Going to try adjusting the idle screws according to a previous post.

I sprayed out the filter wioth brake cleaner and the carb area, and she ran for about 20 seconds this time real good then quit. Going to try adjusting the idle screws according to a previous post.

your gonna want to watch what you clean on that with brakeclean. most plastice don't like it, most filters don't like it- it turns them hard and unfilterlike.
the excess smoke is probably from the oiler leaking into the crankcase. you want to fix that before running it to long
adjusting the idle screw won't make a lick of difference in how the way it's running. try the low (L) and high (H). they should start at about 1-11/4 turn each and go from there.
chances are you need to pull the carb and rebuild it anyway.

310 running!....but.....

Got her running pretty good, even tried her out on a 2x4 real quick, but she won't idle. I'll try the hi \ low settings you suggested. Does the oiler have a seal? How do I correct the problem? Also, the fuel is mixed at 30:1 and am wondering if that could be the smoking problem? Thanks everyone for your help so far, this crap is greek to me......hehehehe..........

Latest posts

Back