McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of Super Pro 80's with 24" bars I got working and I added the bow bar to a 10-10 for a little fun.

IMG_2137-1.jpg

Uncle gave it to me.

Looking to learn all the mods on this saw. What all can i do with it?

mac3516002.jpg

mac3516003.jpg

mac3516001.jpg

She cleaned up nice CPR.
Did yours have the big wick filter?
I have a 44 Super that is real bad in the tank.
Another project down the road.

Lee

It has a big felt filter looks like an olive drab dragonfly sans tail. That thing was hidious. I'm soaking it in a bath of fresh mix to see what happens. If that doesn't clean it up I may try a diesel soak... I'd rather use kerosene, but nobody around here sells it anymore :cry:.

Uncle gave it to me.

Looking to learn all the mods on this saw. What all can i do with it?

mac3516002.jpg

mac3516003.jpg

mac3516001.jpg

If it runs good, I'd leave it alone and use it for small stuff like trimming. I have a couple of saws like that and I've had to do some fuel system work to but I like the way they run without mods. Actually, I wouldn't want to try to run one of those in the high rpm range like some of the Stihls and Huskys run.

It doesnt run good, I have a nice Echo that i do work with. I got this saw for free and want to learn how to port a saw.

Don't expect much from it... It's not a "true" McCulloch anyhow... more like a Wild Thing or a Wood Shark...

Gary

Im well aware of that. Like i said this is a saw that i can learn on if i mess it up well not a big loss.

It has a big felt filter looks like an olive drab dragonfly sans tail. That thing was hidious. I'm soaking it in a bath of fresh mix to see what happens. If that doesn't clean it up I may try a diesel soak... I'd rather use kerosene, but nobody around here sells it anymore :cry:.

Walmart should have small bottles of it in by the tool section where the heaters/air conditioners are. Atleast our stores around here do. Also I have seen it at lowes in small bottles to

Mac project

I have a 3818 Mac you can have to practice on it is totally shot but has sum parts on it the person that gave it to me used liquid metal to hold the spark on but it still has rings pull start and stuff if you want it just pay shipping sore I have spelling problems read the best you can

Try your local sporting good retail store or wally world. I know they sell kerosene in gallons but just not sure how good it is compared to the stuff from the pumps.

are you sure? try prying a bit? is the rope in the recoil or did it come out around the flywheel perhaps?

i have 2 of those i got for near free ( parts lot was paid for, and these are left overs....)
No im positive all the bolts are out. the recoil come off all in one piece. its just the plastic cover thats holding me back now.
I have a 3818 Mac you can have to practice on it is totally shot but has sum parts on it the person that gave it to me used liquid metal to hold the spark on but it still has rings pull start and stuff if you want it just pay shipping sore I have spelling problems read the best you can

I appreciate the offer but this one should keep me occupied for a while.

Heres some pictures of it finally out! Turned out the chain tensioner was holding it on there.

Anyways is there a special tool i need to pull the little flywheel? Im assuming the P/C bolts are on the bottom once i remove the fuel tank i should see it?

Also there is one fin broken by the fly wheel, is it safe or should i go ahead and order a new P/C for it? Its only 1 fin so im assuming its ok.

Heres the broke fin
mac3516004.jpg

Motor, i pulled the carb going to rebuild it as well
mac3516005.jpg

Any ideas?

Not to be a poophead... but you're asking the wrong cat. :)

You couldn't pay me to waste my time on saws like those. Even to learn. I run all stock saws. Big all stock saws. Not even any muffler mods. I just use a bigger saw for bigger jobs. Most "mods" are a complete waste of time... unless you are fallin' timber for a living. Then a modded 70cc to 85cc saw is the cats @ass... lots of power in a light packable package...

:)

Gary

Not to be a poophead... but you're asking the wrong cat. :)

You couldn't pay me to waste my time on saws like those. Even to learn. I run all stock saws. Big all stock saws. Not even any muffler mods. I just use a bigger saw for bigger jobs. Most "mods" are a complete waste of time... unless you are fallin' timber for a living. Then a modded 70cc to 85cc saw is the cats @ass... lots of power in a light packable package...

:)

Gary

Guess im wasting my time, least its not yours right :)

Latest posts

Back