McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is very little difference between the external block design of the700/800 Series saws and the later CP/SP 105 and 125 models. You can make just about any large frame saw into a gear drive by placing the gearcase on the side with the appropriate attaching hardware.

The biggest difference is removing the oil tank from the bottom of the crankcase and finding a suitable cover and stuffer. If memory serves me Leeha had to modifiy the 800 Series stuffer a bit to fit it to the bottom of the 797 he used when he made his 797G.

I think if you search you may find a thread where CPR(?) put an SP125 block into an 800 Series frame and ended up with an SP125G. Maybe I dreamed that whole episode...

Mark

Bill, after moving my brothers 99 around in my shop for a year all I can say is I'd like to meet the man that can use the 99 by himself. I'm not even sure I want to shake hands with him as my poor weak paw might come back to me a mass of crushed bone and flesh.

Mark

attachment.php

There is very little difference between the external block design of the700/800 Series saws and the later CP/SP 105 and 125 models. You can make just about any large frame saw into a gear drive by placing the gearcase on the side with the appropriate attaching hardware.

The biggest difference is removing the oil tank from the bottom of the crankcase and finding a suitable cover and stuffer. If memory serves me Leeha had to modifiy the 800 Series stuffer a bit to fit it to the bottom of the 797 he used when he made his 797G.

I think if you search you may find a thread where CPR(?) put an SP125 block into an 800 Series frame and ended up with an SP125G. Maybe I dreamed that whole episode...

Mark

Wish that was me...

Put a West Bend US 820 in. 137cc and not too much modding to fit it, I wouldn't think. McBob put one in an SP125.

Alright guys!

Here goes!

What is the largest one man Mac that can be constructed? (gear drive of coarse!)
I am still figuring out the whole whole Mac series and possible matches!
I am pretty much just getting even more lost!
Know I know why you guys are liking these yellow things.

I have come to a uneducated find so far:
890G chassis
101AA engine

Any thoughts!
Thanks guys

Go for it Teddy,
A 101AA is still 123cc's and
will be the same size as my 797G
that i did and am doing now.
The 101 motor will have more power.
If you follow my 2 threads on them you
will see it is pretty much striaght forward
with just modding the stuffer.
My second 797G should be done this week.

I can't remember who did the SP125 in the
800 series but never did see a video of it.

Lee

I have been reading and dreaming about a Kart engine swap myself. For the same displacement, what is the differance, porting? And what does that work out to, more rpms, more torque, or both?

I think that the stuffer would be the biggest part of the conversion, oh, and finding fuel tank, gearbox....hmmm maybe just putting 660 stuff on a Super 550 would be easier.

Mark: As I recall, the day that your brother left that big ol hoss in your shop I was surprised at how much lighter it was than it looked. It would be sort of fun to see if you could use it as a 1 man. JR

? for the Mac Gurus. I messed with the black top 250 today after fixing my McHomeloch 1050 :) And I was wondering what kind of carb the 250 has on it. It has a primer, instead of a choke. Only IDing factor are a couple numbers up top, and I have never seen one like it. Looks like the bottom is kinda squared.
So what is it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back