McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, it would be an honor to add your name to the Super 250 Club roll call. The three founding members Mr. Bowsaw, McBob will administer initation rites. We don't discuss the third original member, it's simply not done. Anyway, the Saw Dr. collects the dues, remember that the back row is reserved for whiskey and cigars, new members have to wear the hat and cleanup after meetings.

Well you have thrown out the challenge Randy, so we will see how it pans out. I have a hell of alot of work to do on its bigger brothers, so could be a while before I am to take the honour of a membership. The back row sounds like a good place to be - I enjoy a bit of single malt every so often.

Regards,

Chris.

Chris, it would be an honor to add your name to the Super 250 Club roll call. The three founding members Mr. Bowsaw, McBob will administer initation rites. We don't discuss the third original member, it's simply not done. Anyway, the Saw Dr. collects the dues, remember that the back row is reserved for whiskey and cigars, new members have to wear the hat and cleanup after meetings.

ha ha ha!!

Super 55? is on the bench next to the dismantled D44. Pictures and verification of "A" status later tonight. Has 24" hardnose with 9/16 chipper and some "interesting" mods. Won't run yet. At a minimum, the drive sprocket needs to be replaced and the starter is boogered... yeah, I was surprised, too...

sore to but in on this awesome looking saw but an as--- at work today messed up my 35A fuel cap by cross threading it and striping it out does anyone have one they can spare

It's a Super 55A. Checked the stroke tonight. 1.5"

The farmer who had it took care of it, so it seems. Even did some "engineering" along the way.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Missing a couple bolts here and there, but that's easy enough to get. Have to tend to that starter, too.

attachment.php

Built up brazing on bar tip.

attachment.php

Cracked starter cover.

attachment.php

Old 87s!!!

Kinda excited to get this going. I have a short list of parts to get and I have to get the D44 done...

attachment.php

Built up brazing on bar tip.

attachment.php

Cracked starter cover.

attachment.php

Old 87s!!!

Kinda excited to get this going. I have a short list of parts to get and I have to get the D44 done...
Thats the ebay saw right? i was bidding on it but had to choose it are the promac 250 , I got the 250 , Thats a nice unit right there enjoy.
Bryan:greenchainsaw:

Thats a sweet saw. I have never figured out where them "Farmer" types learned to weld. My grandpa welded better than that and he had me welding in jr. high because I was better than him. Any one know how the brazing would hold up? "I've been a lot of places and seen a lot of things" but I've never seen that before.

Yes this is the ebay saw. Not sure how it will hold or why it was done. Probably won't be bore cutting with it anytime soon!!!

dooooooh, I thought we wernt going to talk about the hat

:hmm3grin2orange:

rmac.jpg

Mac 77 Gear Drive Anyone???

Hiya MacHeads,

Posted this in the Mcculloch Social group......but there doesn't seem to be much activity there. Sorry for the crosspost. I have a line on a running Mac 77. The seller has sent me pics. Looks good, and seems to be complete. Lotsa paint still there. Not much if any corrosion. Muffler looks OK. Looks to be missing one bolt and a spacer from the recoil cover (clutch side). Fan side cover looks realy good. Has a somewhat rusty but salvagable 30" bar. Can't tell if the chain is 1/2" or 9/16". There's a couple of small globs (drips) of a tan housepaint on the handlebar and I believe part of the tank IIRC. Looks to be the same paint they used on the porch that the saw was photographed on...

Would any of you MacHeads be interested enough in this saw that you'd want to trade a Mac 790-890 family saw (prefer a direct drive, but the right gear drive would do fine), a Mac Super 250...
.or (gasp) a Homelite XP1000-thru-3100G series, or maybe a nice 5.0ci (not 4.7ci) XL900-series, or a big-inch upright-jug direct drive Homelite, or maybe a nice C9/C91 Homelite saw for it...........with possibly some $$$ going one way or the other depending on details? A similar (but not listed) trade may get me going too. Whatcha got?

Gotta drive over 2 hours each way to pick up this Mac 77. I won't bother going to get it unless I have a tenative trade deal in the works. I understand that nobody's gonna commit to anything without at least seeing pics (I wouldn't either)..............but is anyone here interested at all? I'll try to get the pics up on here if there's interest. Much earlier in this 156 page (and counting) thread, I read that a Mac 77 is a very rare saw (maybe even more rare than the BP1). Somebody's gotta want it for their collection. Whatchu think???:cheers:

rmac.jpg

Well.............I do wanna be in the Super 250 club (blast it, I should have bought Randy's other Super a couple of years ago), and I certainly love good whiskey and good cigars and pipe tobackee............But I'm not looking forward to the hat. Although I can't help seeing the irony in a Mac saw club 'initiation' hat being red (albeit, more of a Jonsered red than a Homelite red)...Should be canarie yellow...

Last edited:
Contary to popular belief, that is not the hat. The Hat has a big ass floppy goose on the top of it. Now where is that pic of Roland wearing the hat?

Hmmmm, a 77, I think I may know someone that needs one.

I have an unmolested bumper spike for it, but, like my 1-82, the lower bolt mount casting is busted on this one, too. I may leave it alone. Kinda helps tell the story of this saw's life. The bar on the other hand... not so enthralled.

Contary to popular belief, that is not the hat. The Hat has a big ass floppy goose on the top of it. Now where is that pic of Roland wearing the hat?

Hmmmm, a 77, I think I may know someone that needs one.

Well the Goose hat makes a hell of a lot more sense. I'll see about getting pics of the 77 up. I know I can email them to you. I'll do that first...:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back