McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done, I am in control tonight, there may be delays.

What do you mean there may be delays? Tell them to justholdononedamnminute....you're busy!! :givebeer:

Sentcha the Mac77 pics the seller emailed me. Now I gotta figure out how to get them into this thread. I'm having problems downloading them from my email server onto my computer...:censored:

'Centric, I got 'em and sent the pics to an expert in the field of ancient McCullochs.
It is a busy night and I'm trying to run a rookie into the ground. Yep, he is seeing lots of floor tonight. :givebeer: "5C12, respond to the Sallyport for CCPD intoxed subject" "5C12, the usual supplies needed in the female tank'

'Centric, I got 'em and sent the pics to an expert in the field of ancient McCullochs.
It is a busy night and I'm trying to run a rookie into the ground. Yep, he is seeing lots of floor tonight. :givebeer: "5C12, respond to the Sallyport for CCPD intoxed subject" "5C12, the usual supplies needed in the female tank'

Thank you sir. My first week back on swings was crazy too. Had five seperate 'big' incidents in one night. The next night, tons of brass...............and IA were crawling all the overplace until late....Ug.

Keep running 5 Charlie-12 ragged. Hope he has a fun Friday night. It does the rookies good...:popcorn:

That 77 looks pretty good, those pics are huge, just like stickin' your face on it, I could almost smell the oil. A big direct drive? Hmmmm....

Yep. They were some huge pics. 'Centric wants something special for next year's PNW GTG. A Super 250, or a big-inch (6+) Mac or Homie direct drive would fit the bill nicely...:givebeer:

Last edited:
I should find you a Super just so you have to wear that dorky hat at the GTG. So, something in the 6 cid range, my favorite motor size. That would be 1-76/790/795 Macs, the C9 series are a piddling 85cc, but the old 775 is 95cc and ballsy.

We did a dog pile face plant earlier tonight, a DV arrestee.

I should find you a Super just so you have to wear that dorky hat at the GTG. So, something in the 6 cid range, my favorite motor size. That would be 1-76/790/795 Macs, the C9 series are a piddling 85cc, but the old 775 is 95cc and ballsy.

We did a dog pile face plant earlier tonight, a DV arrestee.

On Wednesday night we had four dudes hit the floor hard. Funny thing is, three of them (at different times) squared off with our two biggest, toughest guys. Our biggest guy (6'5" 260-ish athletic linebacker type) had two youngsters sqare off with him in the space of an hour (and in the same unit). Proof that we don't get the smart ones. Must have been something in the air...

If you find me a good Super 250, then I'll have to wear that dang Goose hat at the GTG. Rules are rules...:givebeer:

A nice Super 250, one of those big 6+ inch Macs, something like a 775 Homie, or a Homlite XP1000/1020/1050 would certainly fit the bill...Of course, a Mac 797 or a Homelite XP2000/2100 would be most welcome too...:clap:

I had this very clean 795L that had pitting issues in the carb and would not run. My buddy from Iowa, aka globetrotter Mark, was so nice to sent me a nearly new carb to get it running again. After some small mods to make it fit, she pretty almost started all by herself...

It has a huge 18"bar on it :pumpkin2:, so it was a bit tricky to keep the chain from spinning at idle. She will be cutting some cookies mid august when I will attend a local tractor show.

kudo's to Mark for helping me out on this one :cheers:

795lmsmallas.jpg

for some reason, the vid does not want to upload, so here's the direct link.

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc86/belgian_pics/saw collection/?action=view&current=vid.mp4

Last edited:
I like that Roland, very tidy looking without that big cobby starter hanging off the drive side. I also like the pull me if you dare look of the right side starters.

thanks Randy. I noticed a small oil puddle a bit after I sat her down in the shop and had a closer look at it .....

:censored: after a few %@&@@x%*$ , I noticed the oil tank had a significant crack in it....probably the reason this saw didn't run much.

I'll have to take the oil tank off and try to patch the crack with some JB weld. Don't know if that will solve the problem. Any tips are welcome.

attachment.php

thanks Randy. I noticed a small oil puddle a bit after I sat her down in the shop and had a closer look at it .....

:censored: after a few %@&@@x%*$ , I noticed the oil tank had a significant crack in it....probably the reason this saw didn't run much.

I'll have to take the oil tank off and try to patch the crack with some JB weld. Don't know if that will solve the problem. Any tips are welcome.

attachment.php

If it was aluminum it could be welded, but I think it's magnesium and most of us can't do much with it.

Sounds real good Roland! That is a pretty nasty crack. Looks like it took a pretty big hit to fracture the tank like that. Someone must have said some choice words when that happened. :bang:

Come to think of it, Roland probably muttered a few similar expletives himself when he discovered the crack. :bang:

Roland, that break looks like it might need to be stop drilled to keep the fracture line from spreading. I hope to one day to be able to repair pot metal & magnesium/aluminum alloys with metal, or at least find someone competent who could do so. JB Weld would probably work, provided that the surface was roughened up enough to allow the epoxy to adhere properly. There is another product available here in the US called Seal-All. It is a contact adhesive & a sealant. Must be good stuff, for the first word on the top of the tube is "DANGER".

www.seal-all.com

What is the part # for that tank? Does it have the automatic oil pump mounted on top?

:cheers:

Vince

the seal all doesn't work it peals off after 3 days Iv tried it on several things and it just peals off it doesn't even work on rubber boots

Sounds real good Roland! That is a pretty nasty crack. Looks like it took a pretty big hit to fracture the tank like that. Someone must have said some choice words when that happened. :bang:

Come to think of it, Roland probably muttered a few similar expletives himself when he discovered the crack. :bang:

Roland, that break looks like it might need to be stop drilled to keep the fracture line from spreading. I hope to one day to be able to repair pot metal & magnesium/aluminum alloys with metal, or at least find someone competent who could do so. JB Weld would probably work, provided that the surface was roughened up enough to allow the epoxy to adhere properly. There is another product available here in the US called Seal-All. It is a contact adhesive & a sealant. Must be good stuff, for the first word on the top of the tube is "DANGER".

www.seal-all.com

What is the part # for that tank? Does it have the automatic oil pump mounted on top?

:cheers:

Vince

The key to Seal-All is surface prep. . . Just like any epoxy/glue/adhesive I suppose.

I patched my sons' rubber ball with it, and it's holding strong. I added a piece of denim over the hole too -- similar in principle to fiber-glassing or making homemade Micarta.

Ok I never thought of using denom I did try cotton t shirt it didn't work so maybe dry cheese cloth will work also what is Micerta

Latest posts

Back