McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pro mac 10 10

Hello
Can you tell me anything about the pro mac 10 10 i just got mine and dont now much about it. I know that its 54cc and that sized up please tell me any info you got on the pro mac 10 10.:confused:
thanks.

Eager Beaver ain't so eager

I have a 2014 eager beaver. I can't find a starter spring or hardly any parts for it. It looks like it is hardly used, although I am not exactly a Mc Culloch fan I was planning to run this one some. I broke in on McCulloch's back in the sixties on the 171 and 150 I think was the model, a real man killer for a teenager.

The Mighty Mac77 Has Spoken!!!

All hot and sweaty now. It's hotter than heck outside, and I've been pulling over that Mac77. It has outstanding compression and good spark. Got it to run on a spraybottle of mix down the throat. Primer doesn't work at the moment, and the carb's not pumping either. Sounds healthy though. Just gotta get the carb sorted out.:givebeer:

That carburetor was designed by committee. Part of it is in the rear handle (throttle "gate", venturi, "venturi orifices") while the rest is in a "pump diaphragm chamber" below the rear handle. The primer pump is yet another sub assembly mounted between the tank and the "pump diaphragm chamber".

I think somebody used the saw as a bicycle or go-kart power unit at one time. Thankfuly, they didn't cut any castings or drill any holes (unlike some chainsaw bike repower butcher jobs I've seen). They probably lost the bar adjuster assembly during the saw's tour of duty as a bike mule. Maybe that's when the outer bar stud disappeared too. There was a bicycle sprocket sandwitched between the chainsaw sprocket and the outer washer sprocket washer. Took that out before starting the beast...

Does anybody make diaphragms and primer rebuild kits for this saw? I hope so. Now, I could luck out and have the diaphragms and such be in good shape, with just some crap clogging things up. I'm not holding my breath though. As for the primer..........I don't see a rubber duckbill type check valve listed in the IPL (unlike other primer Mac carbs I've seen). There's only a "check valve body" listed. In the IPL pic it looks like a hex-headed plug. Don't know for sure what's inside...:confused:

what I need for the saw is:

1)Bar adjuster/clamp plate assembly. Whole thing's gone. RandyMac may be able to hook me up with one from a 4-30.

2)Sheet metal bar plates. May be able to rob the 35A for these.

3)One bolt for the handlebar. Just gonna source it at the local HW store.

4)Carb diaphragms. I pray that I don't realy need these....and can get by with just a cleaning...

5)Primer rebuild bits....see #4...

6)Rubber fuel cap check valve thingee. Tis gone...

7)One bar stud+retaining nut. Probably will go local for the nut. May be able to rob the 35A for this stud. PO replaced this stud with a bolt...

Last edited:
Jeez. Why would somebody pait it that ugly blue color? My 35A was oversprayed with some read years ago. People do wierd things with chainsaws. For $10.00 I'd buy the sucker........'cart engine' or not...:givebeer:

just wondering if it is worth it the guy has a 33 the same blue also has other saws their on eBay pretty cheap start price

I know heimannm has a lot of McCulloch Chain Saws, as well as myself, I was wondering if anybody else has a few McCullochs in their collection of Chain Saws, and are they for work, or for display. Thanks for your input. Bruce.

I have several Macs for different purposes, here's the latest, a 1-42 that I bought this morning..
attachment.php

Other Macs are: Pro Mac 700
Pro Mac 610
Pro Mac 10-10
FR 2.3 18"
Eager Beaver 2014
Mini Mac 100
Eager Beaver (Metal)
Mini Mac parts saw

I have several Macs for different purposes, here's the latest, a 1-42 that I bought this morning..
attachment.php

Other Macs are: Pro Mac 700
Pro Mac 610
Pro Mac 10-10
FR 2.3 18"
Eager Beaver 2014
Mini Mac 100
Eager Beaver (Metal)
Mini Mac parts saw

what did you pay if ok to ask and how she run very nice looking

what did you pay if ok to ask and how she run very nice looking

It's ok to ask. I paid $20. The fellow said to make an offer and that's what I offered. He said, "It's yours" I haven't tried to run it yet. It's not perfect, got a medium amount of corrosion on bottom of saw but owner said it would run. He said he changed carburetors on it but he didn't know how to adjust it to get it right.

Last edited:
It's ok to ask. I paid $20. The fellow said to make an offer and that's what I offered. He said, "It's yours" I haven't tried to run it yet. It's not perfect, got a medium amount of corrosion on bottom of saw but owner said it would run. He said he changed carburetors on it but he didn't know how to adjust it to get it right.

That sounds good little carb work and got a good saw not a bad deal.Wish I could get a deal like that

Zach, let me know if you can't find a handle locally as I have several available.

Mark

Thanks Mark, Ill see what I can do first. Really need to take care of this saw later on down the project list, but it is mostly complete and I think a carb clean and fuel lines and it should go. Oh, and a new pull handle cause the wooden one needs to go.

Back