McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a mac 110 very nice shape runs exellent all except for the oiler . It looks as if it is automatic and manual . It wont pump oil at all .The saw has sat for about 10 years could somthing have dried up in the oil pump or could it be plugged.? Has anyone else ran into this problem before? Any advice would be apreciated thanks in advance.

You might take the front cover off and check the oil line. It looks like a plastic "T" and it's just pushed onto the hole it fits in.

Checked over the Super 550 some more. I'm 99.9% sure that's what I have. Model#600110, serial prefix 13-. Has a Mac flatback choke carby, my standard 550 has a primer carb. The fullwrap on the S550 is slightly narrower than the standard, more like the Super 250 wrap. And the muffler is the round kart-style, but with a band clamp holding the cover one like a Super 250, versus the 2 bolt type on my standard 550.

I'm pretty much convinced I have a Super 550!!

Chris B.

You are right Chris - the 550 saws came with the number 600110, but the Super 550 had the serial prefix of A12 or 13.

The later model 550 saws (incl standard 550's) were fitted with the muffler using the band clamp as well - not just the Supers.

Well done on a great find. Look forward to seeing pics of the saw.

Regards,

Chris.

Good morning Chris, how are you?
I'll be busy this weekend, getting ready for a trip south next week, if all goes well. I'll be hauling a couple 103cc McCullochs and having a nip or two with Eccentric. where has he been lately?

Good morning Chris, how are you?
I'll be busy this weekend, getting ready for a trip south next week, if all goes well. I'll be hauling a couple 103cc McCullochs and having a nip or two with Eccentric. where has he been lately?

G'day Randy,

Sounds like a good trip to be on. The bit about the two 103cc Macs has me very interested! Pics would be nice.....

Hope you are well - just finished getting ready for a 5 week turbine outage in Western Australia, so having a couple of beers before the onslaught.

Regards,

Chris.

G'day Randy,

Sounds like a good trip to be on. The bit about the two 103cc Macs has me very interested! Pics would be nice.....

Hope you are well - just finished getting ready for a 5 week turbine outage in Western Australia, so having a couple of beers before the onslaught.

Regards,

Chris.

Turbines, sounds interesting. I just sit up all night, talk and push buttons.

Pics, sure enough.

Help with 7 10

Have found the IPL and cleaned carb, checked spark, 125 compression. It does have a 1 heat range higher plug than what is called for (DJ8J).

Plenty of fuel, hi and lo needles a bit over 1 turn out. It will fire and try to run for a second or two with the decompression and high idle set.

Not even a pop with decomp off.

Sprayed the de-comp valve liberaly with aero-kroil, seem to be sealing as there is a noticable difference in compression with it not engaged.

It does have an aftermarket electronic module (no points/condenser) Air gap to coil is about .017.

Is there a way to advance the timing? Seems to be retarded by my ear.

Anyone have the install instructions for those electronic modules?

Last edited:
finally !

I have been looking for one like these quite a few years now, ..... and finally one has landed on my bench....:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

attachment.php

PS. Mike Acres site won't help you with this one, hehe...

Last edited:
Belgian,
That's an interesting air cover. I have an old Mac with 595 stamped on the block, but it was also marked 550. I'm not sure what I have. Other than a big project.

Tom

Mac 790--need help

I bought a Mac 790 and it needed some parts. I have been able to find everything so far except the part on the carb. shaft that the governor works. It is part # 61901. I think it is common to all governed models.
If someone has one I have dollars or parts to swap and yes I know about the swap meet forum, but more Mac addicts are on here. I intend to ask there also. Tom

I bought a Mac 790 and it needed some parts. I have been able to find everything so far except the part on the carb. shaft that the governor works. It is part # 61901. I think it is common to all governed models.
If someone has one I have dollars or parts to swap and yes I know about the swap meet forum, but more Mac addicts are on here. I intend to ask there also. Tom

Let me get this right.
You need just the part on the carb.
Looks like a roller thingy that fits into
the air vane fork. And which carb do
you have. Flatback or Tilly HL

Lee

Let me get this right.
You need just the part on the carb.
Looks like a roller thingy that fits into
the air vane fork. And which carb do
you have. Flatback or Tilly HL

Lee

Yes, I only need the part that fits in the shaft of the carb. and it is a flatback.
Bob in NY had everthing except that part. Tom

Can you do without the governor?

I have tried to toss the governor on a saw before with no luck. Is it possible?
Looking back if I had to keep trying, do you just set it at wide open throttle with some carb adjustment?

Thanks Randy!
You ol geezer!

Back