McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A running one in Michigan for $75.00. Just remember who told you about it....

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/1976934914.html

3n93k43p75Y35T65P2a9r4008a22ccd2e113c.jpg

3nc3m23l05Z35P35S4a9rfa7181f6254b1df3.jpg

I'll raise you.
attachment.php

I am 81 years old and this McCulloch 18" Model Super 250 Chainsaw is too much for me to operate any more. I now do more with my hobby of photography. It is a 87cc high torque, low speed saw designed to cut hard wood and it has a Bucking Spike attached. It is in working condition, as I always made an extra effort to maintain it and run it properly. The saw will be broken down for shipment.

It comes with an extra sharpened 18" chain, my Hard Hat, 2 cans of McCulloch engine oil, a complete set of chainsaw sharpening tools (with instructions), and the McCulloch adjusting wrench.

PROFESSIONALLY PACKAGED FOR SHIPMENT: the carton weighs thirty-eight (38) pounds and measures 18" x 18" x 18". My Zip code is 92407 in San Bernardino, California.

Guido, That might be a plain 250 rather than a Super, but it's a good find thanks for posting.

Rwoods, that's a nice looking saw, I hope it finds a good home.

Belgian, I messed-up on that number, it was 597 rather than 595. I was just going from memory and was off a couple digits.

Hey Tom, have you had a chance to run the SP105 any more?

Early Super 250's had the yellow top, hard to read the tag though. It may be necessary to check the model number on the bottom to verify. Having an early one would be pretty cool...

That bar on the second one with the black top is pretty special too, while they are out there they are not as common as the older wide bars. I have a couple with the grey and black like that one, and one with the yellow & black paint scheme on the tip. That one is unpainted and a little rusty where the bar cover didn't quite protect it.

10 Series bars with either the grey/black and the yellow/black color scheme are more common. Here is my 3-10E with the yellow black logo tip bar (before clean up).

attachment.php

Mark

Thanks guys:
RandyMac
Jacob J
leeha
heimannm
, for the governor response!

And as always Mark thanks for the pics!!
Keep us updated Tom on yours!!

Here is another thought!
(just a thought!)

Take a 250 and toss in a Mc49 block?
I don't know enough about port timings and possible piston configuration!
But was wondering how much of a gain you might get over a SUPER 250?
I am going by the gains I here from using a 101 block over a 797 block and what more you actually get out of a KART block for the same stlye block(saw-kart).
Thanks guys!

Here is another thought!
(just a thought!)

I am going by the gains I here from using a 101 block over a 797 block and what more you actually get out of a KART block for the same stlye block(saw-kart).
Thanks guys!

¿Espera obtener dieciséis mil revoluciones por minuto?

Here is another thought!
(just a thought!)

Thanks guys!

I have two 250s that have the 49 kart motors. You gain some, but the drawback is that the 49 is a fixed-head engine. A 91 would get you leaps and bounds ahead because of the removable head and high compression.

The 101 block is superior over the 797 block for the same reason. Kart motors do have different port timing in some cases, and this can be good or bad depending on the motor.

I'll raise you.
attachment.php

I am 81 years old and this McCulloch 18" Model Super 250 Chainsaw is too much for me to operate any more. I now do more with my hobby of photography. It is a 87cc high torque, low speed saw designed to cut hard wood and it has a Bucking Spike attached. It is in working condition, as I always made an extra effort to maintain it and run it properly. The saw will be broken down for shipment.

It comes with an extra sharpened 18" chain, my Hard Hat, 2 cans of McCulloch engine oil, a complete set of chainsaw sharpening tools (with instructions), and the McCulloch adjusting wrench.

PROFESSIONALLY PACKAGED FOR SHIPMENT: the carton weighs thirty-eight (38) pounds and measures 18" x 18" x 18". My Zip code is 92407 in San Bernardino, California.

Hey Ron. Mind passing on the contact info for that fellow who's selling the black topped Super 250 (or didja buy it)? A PM to a certain Eccentric fellow in Northern Ca would be the best way to go...:givebeer:

Hey Ron. Mind passing on the contact info for that fellow who's selling the black topped Super 250 (or didja buy it)? A PM to a certain Eccentric fellow in Northern Ca would be the best way to go...:givebeer:

It is on Ebay. I tried to post the entire page but I couldn't. Had a picture up for a while then it disappeared (at least on my screen). I know less about computers than chainsaws and I know little about chainsaws. Here (I hope) is the Ebay address: http://cgi.ebay.com/McCulloch-18-Su...436277401?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item1e5e9ba499

Ron

I have two 250s that have the 49 kart motors. You gain some, but the drawback is that the 49 is a fixed-head engine. A 91 would get you leaps and bounds ahead because of the removable head and high compression.

The 101 block is superior over the 797 block for the same reason. Kart motors do have different port timing in some cases, and this can be good or bad depending on the motor.

WOW!
Now my little pea brain is turning turnips!
I have a 3rd saw to build now!
But as would be expected, GEAR DRIVE!!!!!

Now who in the heck has a Super 550 they want to move!

It is on Ebay. I tried to post the entire page but I couldn't. Had a picture up for a while then it disappeared (at least on my screen). I know less about computers than chainsaws and I know little about chainsaws. Here (I hope) is the Ebay address: http://cgi.ebay.com/McCulloch-18-Su...436277401?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item1e5e9ba499

Ron

Thanks Ron. That is sure tempting. Now to see if I can scare up the $$$ before the auction ends. I have a feeling it's gonna go higher than I can swing...:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back