McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here you go.
attachment.php

attachment.php

how do the oil holes compare with the husky? do the jonsereds and huskys use teh same bar?

Newer J-reds, Husky, Solo, Dolmar, and I think Efco use the same bar mounts on the larger saws for sure, not certain on the smaller mount saws.

Newer J-reds, Husky, Solo, Dolmar, and I think Efco use the same bar mounts on the larger saws for sure, not certain on the smaller mount saws.

well, the jreds use D024 with a 10mm slot,,,and teh huskys D009, with a 9.5mm slot according to 80cc saws on acres site,,, so if teh oil holes line up . the husky would probably be teh best fit...

well, the jreds use D024 with a 10mm slot,,,and teh huskys D009, with a 9.5mm slot according to 80cc saws on acres site,,, so if teh oil holes line up . the husky would probably be teh best fit...

I believe the different J-red mount is from the pre-E-Lux days...

That is a 33" cut, the other Super has the same length in 3/8" chain. I'm not sure how they would handle tough, dry hardwood, but they sing in green conifers.

well, they look great... i'll let you know how they are in hardwood, as soon as i find a b/c for my 250,,,, i got a big pile of oak, just askin for it...............don't think i'll go bigger than 24" tho,, i don't have use for it..,

Mac ID'ed

Thanks guys. Good guesses! It is a 1-71. Sitting on the shelf for years. It has pretty good compression for being dry all this time. The saw looks to be in real good shape. I don't think it has seen too much use. I would like to purchase this saw, but the owner has not made his mind up yet, and I don't like to push. If he wants to keep it, I understand. I don't know too much about this saw. I think cpr said it was a 87cc motor. Anyone know the factory output rating? I am actually looking for a bigger saw to rebuild. Thanks again guys, here are some more pics.

Sorry cpr. West MI. I have yet to update my profile,or add my saws.

you could be right,, i don't have a jred or husky,, so i'm just going by what i read....

i see you're in e michigan,, is taht near paw paw? theres a sticker on my 250 from a shop there.....

Paw Paw is in the SW corner. I'm on the east side south of Port Huron.

Devil Beaver Saw of Ultimate Destruction!

Looking forward to video of the Devil Beaver. :)

First try at getting a video on. It's the infamous Devil Beaver making it's first kill! 32cc of shear power! (well, at least it starts on one pull believe it or not :eek:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxz9Hyu8P7Y?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxz9Hyu8P7Y?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh yeah, and notice my dad's safety chaps...:dizzy:

Last edited:
I'm betting the over/under didn't move much from the 4.986 times you have to take the saw apart and then put it together again. One pull? Really? Thats almost McGod like-good job!

Devil Beaver

You running 1/4 or 3/8 lo-pro? I run 1/4 on a 16" and converted it to a rear handle off a 300 series. It's a hoot to run!

source for McCulloch rings

I have a 7-10 that needs new rings, H said there were thick ring versions, as well as thin.

Mine has standard bore (2.00") and the rings are .046 thick. It was blowing 125 PSI and the top ring was stuck, and the lower was half stuck.

I did not see any pins in the ring lands. Is this typical?

Also looks like the de-comp. was leaking for a long time, Think it will get plugged upon re-assembly.

I scraped the crud out of the lands with a piece of broken ring, and a bunch of Kroil. Whom ever had this must have used molasses as mix.

I was amazed that it blew 125 with stuck rings, the bore as well as the piston is pretty nice.

McCulloch

LOts of outboard motor oil was used.

I have a 7-10 that needs new rings, H said there were thick ring versions, as well as thin.

Mine has standard bore (2.00") and the rings are .046 thick. It was blowing 125 PSI and the top ring was stuck, and the lower was half stuck.

Also looks like the de-comp. was leaking for a long time, Think it will get plugged upon re-assembly.

I scraped the crud out of the lands with a piece of broken ring, and a bunch of Kroil. Whom ever had this must have used molasses as mix.

I was amazed that it blew 125 with stuck rings, the bore as well as the piston is pretty nice.

For the 7-10 rings, try Calvin (lawnmowertech37) first, member and sponsor here. If he doesn't have them, Bob Johnson does (607 638 9297) or Fayetteville Parts.

I have a 7-10 in pretty good shape and it may be my favorite saw to cut with. I just don't want to have to run it all day as it does not have and real antivibration technology.

I have not had my 7-10 apart but a 5-10 (very similar engine) definitely had the ring locating pins. You may have to search a bit more diligently as they should be there.

According to the IPL, 7-10's with 11- and 12- prefix on the serial numbers have thick/wide rings and 13-, 14-, 15- serial numbers have thin rings.

Mark

Last edited:
Back