McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark for the referral will wait till asked to see what i have available if its the same rings as the 10-10 i have a set

how you like my new banner ad in the signature much more readable i think all they have to do is click on the banner it takes them right straight to the store site

I'm betting the over/under didn't move much from the 4.986 times you have to take the saw apart and then put it together again. One pull? Really? Thats almost McGod like-good job!

I think it must be the CDI, It takes about three pulls when cold because you have to choke it but all day yesterday it started on the first pull or even half pull. It's really wierd. But you are right about working on it, it was PITA to get back together :chainsaw:

You running 1/4 or 3/8 lo-pro? I run 1/4 on a 16" and converted it to a rear handle off a 300 series. It's a hoot to run!

It came with 3 loops of 3/8 low pro but it's all stupid safety chain. I ground it on the grinder and knocked the rakers down a bit. It cuts pretty good but vibrates like crazy :dizzy:.

Funny thing, this AM we went to a garage sale. There sat another Eager Beaver 2.0 but it looked different it had a more normal rear handle and the case split in half. It had 5 loops of non-safety chain and a gigantic 14 inch bar. They wanted $15, I left it there...:biggrinbounce2:

I hope one of you got them.

Yesterday, Craigslist had a listing for 3 Macs for $25. Picture only showed two but they looked to be 105's or 125's and appeared to be complete less one bar and chain. Kept getting the guy's voicemail. When I finally reached him, I heard those dreaded words, "I just sold them." I asked him what models were they - he replies, "All three are 125's." I should have taken a chance and left a voicemail that I would pay him triple his asking price. :bang:

Approx value of Mac sp81

Hey guys, I am buying a sp81 from a friend. It is well used and I think it would run with a little elbow grease. It has not been started in some time. Avg condition. The guy wants to practically give it to me, but I would rather not short change him. What is a fair price?

For the 7-10 rings, try Calvin (lawnmowertech37) first, member and sponsor here. If he doesn't have them, Bob Johnson does (607 638 9297) or Fayetteville Parts.

I have a 7-10 in pretty good shape and it may be my favorite saw to cut with. I just don't want to have to run it all day as it does not have and real antivibration technology.

I have not had my 7-10 apart but a 5-10 (very similar engine) definitely had the ring locating pins. You may have to search a bit more diligently as they should be there.

According to the IPL, 7-10's with 11- and 12- prefix on the serial numbers have thick/wide rings and 13-, 14-, 15- serial numbers have thin rings.

Mark

Mine was built in Belgium, wonder if their numbering is the same, I will make it out to the shed and check the numbers.

And Mark, thanks for your guidance, you sure know your way around them old Macs!

Hey
stop taking the p*ss out of mini macs "you leave my beaver out of this, she said".... there great little saws I got two both start from cold three pulls and hot less than one. just get bad press cuz there crap to work on! running there fine.
I just need one more to start my juggling act!!! might take the edge off the chain for that though.

My tag has the 13 prefix so .046 is the thin ring?

At least I know what to ask for if a set is located.

No but I've made some lovely gaskets using 2mm cork gasket sheets a stanley knife and hole punch, I use paper and pencil to trace around the job then stick that to the cork for a pattern.

cork's good with fuel and oil, there are fibre gasket sheets but i found them difficult to cut (more chance of errors) so never bothered with them.

Better cutting wood than cutting out?

Funny thing, this AM we went to a garage sale. There sat another Eager Beaver 2.0 but it looked different it had a more normal rear handle and the case split in half. It had 5 loops of non-safety chain and a gigantic 14 inch bar. They wanted $15, I left it there...:biggrinbounce2:[/QUOTE]

You, grasshopper, have learned well. Quickly you become the sinsai.

Yesterday, Craigslist had a listing for 3 Macs for $25. Picture only showed two but they looked to be 105's or 125's and appeared to be complete less one bar and chain. Kept getting the guy's voicemail. When I finally reached him, I heard those dreaded words, "I just sold them." I asked him what models were they - he replies, "All three are 125's." I should have taken a chance and left a voicemail that I would pay him triple his asking price. :bang:

WOW :jawdrop:

You, grasshopper, have learned well. Quickly you become the sinsai.

I thought I had. I went over to Dad's to cut wood yesterday after I posted about passing up the Eager Beaver and when I got to his house guess what was outside...

attachment.php

He went to the same sale! When he saw it he said "I gotta have it" after laughing about mine yesterday. :ices_rofl:

We joked all day about it because his appears to be the "super deluxe" model with a normal rear handle and better weight balance.

Do you think they race Eager Beavers anywhere :laugh:

I do need an IPL now because the primer doesn't work and it started with fuel down the carb but then ran funny and died.

Its a model 2014 Eager Beaver 2.0.

[email protected] if anyone has one.

Those are not such a pain to fix as you don't have to gut the entire saw. Fuel lines are a common problem, I spray some WD 40 like stuff on the air filter to help there. But come on, is it a real Mac?

Those are not such a pain to fix as you don't have to gut the entire saw. Fuel lines are a common problem, I spray some WD 40 like stuff on the air filter to help there. But come on, is it a real Mac?

NOPE:buttkick:

But I did cut with the little Devil Beaver all day today pulling out toppings left from loggers takin all the big oaks on Dad's land.

+1 on the fuel lines, they are BAD! :chainsaw:

IMHO
The original Minimac-the Power Mac 6, was a little loggers saw. Made my first chainsaw cuts with one, under close supervision; the branches were held for me. After about a tank and half, I was sent over by my lonesome, that way I wouldn't hurt anyone else. That devil beaver thing, the 110s, 120s, & 130's etc. were homeowner/light use saws, but then the PM6 went away and the 300's weren't the answer, so you get what still goes on today: If its only used a little or I need/want to get by cheap, I'll buy the cheapest there is, and it needn't be a quality thing as long as I can get by today. They weren't the only ones, and not the worst offenders, if thats even an appropriate name for someone trying to make a buck. I would love to have a working Power Mac 6, and will sometime, I'm not patient enough yet I guess, and I'm way more patient than I was when I started repairing stuff. To those who say I'm dogging them too hard, no, I've put my time in on them, and worked on enough now to say they certainly needed some design changes, as almost everything does. These little saws you don't seem to have much to start from.

Grandpas (It was bought new for anniversary present for my great-grandmother by her husband, and at the time, she wished he wasn't) didn't have the banana handle, it was plastic coated. I think they were/are great little saws, nothing my eleven year old daughter is going to run, even if I have one to let her. I'm thinking I was 10-11 at the time I was trained?! in on it, and remember the local dealer working on them so people wouldn't buy something else, like a 110 from him. Ole Jonny could tune these right up, and they did fine work, a lot of it, just seemed a little kick-back happy, as I'm sure anybody thats ran one can attest to. But most bucket saws were, and most weren't built the way these were.

Looks like I'm in the Mac club.

Went out to meet a gent with an 028 parts saw to complete a project I'm working on and ended up with a lot more... Including a nice Mac 47. I'll get some pics up later. It seems all complete and PO claimed it did fire up for him. It is missing two things though, the muffler and the mesh debris guard for the flywheel. Not worried about the mesh but the really NEED a muffler. Are these available anywhere??

Piston & cylinder look great through the exhaust port. Compression feels awesome (should with three rings!). So, not counting my meager, Eager Beaver 2.3 looks like I'm in the Mac club now.......gear drive no less. I hope I can find a muffler I wanna hear this thing eat some wood.:chainsaw:

Back