McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No - you said wouldn't.
If you can, doesn't mean you should. Go easy on it!
I got yelled at for trying to run a saw a week after surgery, and both @Syncop8r and the person yelling at me have a point. However, when the resident was telling me it would be 3-4 weeks before I could pick up a wrench and a few more before I could start turning bolts with it I just smiled and nodded.

When I was a builder's labourer I got tendonitis in my forearm from shovel-mixing a large amount of concrete one day. Result: four weeks off work.
When I came back I had 36 pile holes to dig that they were saving for me. If course it flared up again and I had another two weeks off.🙄

Most popular way to injure yourself after surgery is to do too much too soon.
I've found the medical field to be littered with quacks..So called "drs." that couldn't diagnose a dead dog if one was put in front of them.
17 yrs.ago I tore the muscle in my calf while trying to roll a 42 in.log.I went to the dr.a couple days later & he told me I'd be off my feet for 6 weeks.I told him that wasn't gonna happen as I had wood to split.He told me it'd have to wait.2 days later I was walking 2 mi.to my local restaurant & I was splitting wood at that same time.I despise people who take the easy way out,sit on their haunches because they think that what a dr.says is the word of a god.
Enough of this,let's talk about saw repair!

Back about 3 months ago I had my sdon run a 2x6 across my barn from one hip joist to the other so I could hang smaller saws from it.I had 2 of those cross members run & I figure I can hang roughly 30 saws.Fast forward to now & I cut some metal strips with my circular saw with a metal cutting blade.I fiddled with bending the strips into double J hooks & it worked out pretty good.I'll get some pics after I finish the project toward the end of the week.

I am after some pictures of a 1-70 cylinder including porting. I thought there were some posted on here but I cannot find them. Is anyone able to share some pictures?

Thanks for that Mark. Do you think the porting arrangement would be the same? I assume it would be as it is pretty consistent with most other 87cc saws.

Today I got around to fixing the recoil on my PM 700.I noticed back late last winter that it had a missing screw where the cap is held on.I tried putting a newe screw in it,but it wouldn't go in.Upon further investigation,I found that the screw was broken off in the housing.I got lucky today.First I tried drilling it out,but it just slid off the screw & into the softer housing.I noticed that it was sticking up a hair above being flush.I sprayed some Deep Creep on both sides & was able to just grab it with a pair of dikes.It turned right out & I promptly put the new screw in that I'd gotten from mark over 6 months ago.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 0
Does anybody have pictures or scans of the gearcase gasket and oiler gasket for the 840/890/895 transmission? I cannot get the auto-oiler to work to save my life. Check valves are good, manual oiler works great, and the oiler seems to move oil when I turn the shaft by hand with a little prime. I've cut new gaskets. I'm stuck at this point.

When I was putting it together, I noticed the gasket was missing a pair of holes that lead to the auto-oiler ports. I punched those out and it still wouldn't work. Cut a brand-new and no dice.

Thanks.

Back