McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pm8200

I guess this is a classified now,but.... Here ya go. I know a few pieces are worth a few bucks, but the pic has everything I have for it.
Missing items I know are clutch cover, filter cover, and one av mount (trashed then rebuilt by previous owner). The cylinder is fried, I don't think repairable, but who knows. Crank bearings all feel very good. I wire wheeled the muffler and painted it already, but it had some pitting. starter has a little piece missing at the lowest screw hole.

Anyway, what you see is what I have. I have pics of each item I already took to list it on eBay, so if you want any other pics, let me know. I know what it's worth on eBay, but I would like for you guys to have a crack at it.....being an old saw fan myself.

9e88b398d5e4e0ad9bda31aa58c2e848.jpg

I'd like to see some photos please! I have a pretty good streak going on the 82's right now, two SP81's, one PM850, and three PM800's. I am looking to trade some of the extras for an SP80, SP81E, Super 850, DE80, or PM8200.

Mark

You my friend..l are a mccaholic. :msp_thumbup:

Seriously though.. If you guys want me to, I'll move my other post.

Last edited:
Pm 850

New addition,long time searched for!
flea market find.
Missing auto oilpump,Chainbrake,broken AV mounts.
Rebuilt today starts first pull,runs great,cuts awesome.
Compression 155
Oilpump and chainbrake from a seized 10-10

I got to see some great old Macs at the Antique Association festival in Elnora, Indiana today. They had a great assortment of old chainsaws of all brands but my favorites were the 797 and the 125 both with 60" bars. Also got to see a nice BP-1. First time I've ever seen these type saws other than pictures.

I got to see some great old Macs at the Antique Association festival in Elnora, Indiana today. They had a great assortment of old chainsaws of all brands but my favorites were the 797 and the 125 both with 60" bars. Also got to see a nice BP-1. First time I've ever seen these type saws other than pictures.

Well, You'll just have to make it out to the N.E.
I can show you many and run them too. :msp_tongue:

Lee

You are right Aaron, I thought about the 805 after I posted but went to bed and forgot all about updating the list.

I took the whole collection of 82 cc saws out for a little cutting today, PM800 x 3, SP81 x2, PM850, and the 10-10S just to have something to cut into the dirt.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Made some cookies and will say that two of the three PM800's really run well, the third might get a little better as the rings seat (had to replace the piston) but it is still pretty strong. My favorite SP81 can just about hang with the PM800's and make a much better sound with the reed type muffler. One of the SP81's and one PM800 seemed to have a little bar oil leaking into the crank case, smoked a lot at start up but both ran very well after that. Looking into it in the afternoon I noticed the screw holding the automatic pump in place on the SP81 was incorrect so I fixed that, we will have to see how it turns out. I could not seen anything wrong with the PM800 but I tried tightening the screw, we will see it that takes care it if or not. That one has the clip on top of the pump, if it is still a problem I will put in the updated kit with the "pop in" bracket to secure the pump.

So, I now have one SP81 and two PM800's to trade for any of the missing saws (SP80, SP81E, PM805, Super 850, PM8200, or DE80)...anyone out there have anything of interest?

I found this photo in the archives, back in 2009 when I brought one of the SP81's and the PM850 home.

attachment.php

Mark

Mark, have you changed your thinking regarding the relative power of a PM 800 vs. a SP81? I wish my PM 8200 was pretty enough to trade for one of your PM 800s but it isn't. Ron

Joey, thanks. It is a little dated, I took it a few days before I busted my cartoid artery in November of 2010. Had to sit out a year of cutting but I took the time to sell three of the saws shown. I should have at least kept the DE80 but didn't know at the time that Mark needed one. The old bow saw was my grandfather's. The 125 came from our own Rick aka Sawbones. Ron

I hadn't run them side by side for a while, last November I was not impressed with the PM800 but now that I've had a little more time with it I am convinced the PM800 is quite a bit stronger than the SP81 in it's current condition. I have a NOS cylinder & piston in the attic now, just collecting a few more pieces and I will have another SP81 saw in very fresh condition to compare with the 800's. I am hoping the 81 will prove to be stronger but I'm not sure how it will turn out. The 800's are pretty fresh and with new carb kits and the oilers working they are quite a lot of fun to run.

Maybe I'll put the next 81 one together with an electronic coil and look for an 81E air filter cover or decal.

Mark

Last edited:
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... but were they running? :ices_rofl:

Not during the picture taking and if they were it wouldn't have sounded near as cool as Joey's video. All are running except the old bow which is froze up from sitting. It hasn't been started since the day it sent me to the hospital over 30 years ago. Ron

Latest posts

Back