MS 462 or MS 462 C-M ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crowbar

Reaction score
Looking to buy a MS 462 and trying to decide between the standard carb or the M-tronic ? My 261 is standard carb and all the saws I've had over the years have been just regular carbs....and no issue. So I'm really wondering does the M-tronic really bring anything to the table that would be worth choosing? I miss my old 372xp and don't think going to an MS400 brings enough to the table to be worthwhile over a 261? I've also handled a 572xp and I actually like the feel of the 462 more.

The 400 is above and beyond what a 261 could ever be. 261 is 50cc 400 is 67cc. Far as 462 goes if you can tune a saw I’d go for non mtronic version. Having said that the mtronic saws are quite good these days. What it really comes down to is knowing how to properly care for/run a saw.

The 400 is above and beyond what a 261 could ever be. 261 is 50cc 400 is 67cc. Far as 462 goes if you can tune a saw I’d go for non mtronic version. Having said that the mtronic saws are quite good these days. What it really comes down to is knowing how to properly care for/run a saw.
Was just basing my assumption that a 400 might not be enough of a gain to be worthwhile off of my previous experience with saws. My husky 357xp with 18" bar was my all around saw and the next step for me was then the husky 372xp with a 24" bar and then if I needed more than that I went to my Dolmar 9010. I'll have to look and see what the hp was of the 372 and maybe the 400 has a similar hp?

372 is 5.5hp 400 is 5.4hp (manufacturer specs) so yeah they’re pretty close. 372 will have more torque due to larger displacement. 400 is nearly two pounds lighter that 372 if that matters to you. Power head only of course.

Back