MS362 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a cousin who does tree work. Started with Asplundh. Bought a bucket truck. Bought a crane. Makes however much money he feels like. I fix his saws. He has, who knows, a dozen MS362's.

And, you bunch of goof balls likely don't burn a tank a year and babble on the internet.

I do find it entertaining.

I stop by the local Ace and looked at the 362 and a 400. There is only about 3oz of weight difference between the two. I wont argue the 400 is more displacement than the 362. I think the 362 is a dependable saw but with the weight basically the same as the 400 and only $80-100 US difference depending on bar choices its a no brainer to me. The 400 all day.

I
I have a cousin who does tree work. Started with Asplundh. Bought a bucket truck. Bought a crane. Makes however much money he feels like. I fix his saws. He has, who knows, a dozen MS362's.

And, you bunch of goof balls likely don't burn a tank a year and babble on the internet.

I do find it entertaining.
Guys that run tree services buy all kinds of saws. That doesn't change the fact a 362 is a turd compared to 400C or a 562XP.

I

Guys that run tree services buy all kinds of saws. That doesn't change the fact a 362 is a turd compared to 400C or a 562XP.
I’ve noticed most tree services around my area tend to buy the cheaper 194T for their climbing saws, and the Echo 590s and clamshell Stihl’s like the 271 and 391 are common for ground saws. Hell, I’ve never seen someone besides myself running a 200T

Based on the various companies I’ve seen and/or worked for, they don’t buy what’s best, they buy what’s cheap because the workers tend up tear up any saw no matter the brand or price.

Back