Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a clean looking saw Stephen. Id say the biggest help to that saw would be getting rid of that safety chain. I like the spikes on your 330 better too.
Congrats on the new saw
Can you recommend a good flashlight? :)

Real nice looking 3450 Stephen:clap:
I would put that in the well bought catagory for $75.
I have a super 380, which is in that family of saws, its the only one like that I have, so I'm no expert on them. I believe the only real difference between the yellow & green versions is the cyl. & piston composition.

I think the Poulan Pro versions have a chromed cyl, and the green versions have non plated cyl. but have chromed piston. Kinda like the difference in the older 3400/3700. And of course cc size.

100_0215.jpg

:cheers:

Anyone know about a Poulan H100? Acres site is kinda sparse. I got a line on one. Saw pics, but have no idea if it is siezed or not from sitting. Of course, "it ran when it was put up" :jawdrop:

Looks like it has a Tilly HL on it, so it shouldn't be hard to get carb parts.
I'm gonna offer $50 and if I get it, I get it.

The other 5 chains are not safety chains. I think the one on the saw is the origional. The spikes on my 330 used to look like the ones on the 3450 befor I moddified them with my little 4 1/2" grinder and cut off wheel. I need to get to this one with the grinder.

Since I am 60 and only cut my own fire wood I think I now have a lifetime supply of bar oil.

opps! my Maglight collection is showing.....:dizzy:
I bought an Amish farm. It came without electricity, perhaps I over compensated....he he...

I was doing O.K. but when they put the 6 cel Mag Light on sale on Amazon for $20 I just had to have it...:cheers:

Stephen, you done really well on that one.

Like Greg mentioned the green ones were supposed to be plain bore cyl's but I have gotten some conflicting reports and since I personally have not had a 3450 or 3750 in my hands please pull the muffler on that thing and let us know if that piston is chrome and cyl bare or the other way around.

Nice saw any which way.

Anyone know about a Poulan H100? Acres site is kinda sparse. I got a line on one. Saw pics, but have no idea if it is siezed or not from sitting. Of course, "it ran when it was put up" :jawdrop:

Looks like it has a Tilly HL on it, so it shouldn't be hard to get carb parts.
I'm gonna offer $50 and if I get it, I get it.

All I know is that it was introduced in August 1957 as a direct drive saw. It might have only been made for a year or 2.

Let us know what you come up with.

All I know is that it was introduced in August 1957 as a direct drive saw. It might have only been made for a year or 2.

Let us know what you come up with.

Will do. Looks like the predecessor to the KD, but from the pics I saw, it is different. Might be from the earlier engine design.

So now I blame you guys/gals here. I was surfing CL yesterday and found a Poulan 361 for sale,,, make offer. I did. $10 and picked it up tonight. I got it home, it started really hard and acted really funny. It would rev 8000 rpms then down to 6200 then back up again. I adjusted the carb and it wouldn't respond at WOT still the same thing. So I decided to tear the puppy down. Vac tested and seals were good. So I pulled the muffler (holy carbon). The exhaust ports where plug about 1/4 way. I looked into it further and the piston was shot. Seized up pretty good. So now I'm in the hunt for another cylinder. This thing is exactlly the same as my Homelite XL12. Too bad my cylinder is broke on that or I'd put it on. The piston is good so I think I can swap them.

I'll post some pics tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Back