Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

New seals, and case halves re-assembled. Now what to do. Maybe paint?

attachment.php

The old sand cast Poulans are GREAT saws for a GTG, or a nostalgic stroll (?) down memory lane.
And to find one in that good of shape, with the bow bar and original manual!!!

GREAT find.

Mike

Honestly, I don't really know what I've bought. I just know it's very unique looking and is in EXCELLENT condition. Different is good:clap: Actually, I just wanted to rejoin the Poulan Club and thought this a neat old saw.

That will get you back in the club. That is a nice find in that condition and I had to resist it myself.

I'm trying to stay with my original rule that I only want them if there new enough to have a auto oiler. (although I have broken that rule before)

I hope it works out OK. Let me know if it don't.

He emailed me back and offered a full refund, and he replied quick! I was impressed enough I said I would just keep it for a spare, or someday rebuild the incomplete 3400 I have. I asked for his blessing to post his store (in a positive way), and waiting on his response. Typical arboristsite fashion, he handled it very well!

I might have a 3700 topend from a member here. I would LOVE to find the elusive 4000 top end for it though...:greenchainsaw:

He emailed me back and offered a full refund, and he replied quick! I was impressed enough I said I would just keep it for a spare, or someday rebuild the incomplete 3400 I have. I asked for his blessing to post his store (in a positive way), and waiting on his response. Typical arboristsite fashion, he handled it very well!

I might have a 3700 topend from a member here. I would LOVE to find the elusive 4000 top end for it though...:greenchainsaw:

Thats good to hear. I knew our sponsors wre top notch.

Picked up a Poulan 3000 to use for parts on my 2700 project. Lo and behold it is an orange Canadian 3000 with chainbrake, In fact saw is in such good shape I plan to scavenge the 2700 for a few parts and fix up the 3000. Comp is 150 so I plan to leave P&C alone. Don't need 2 -3000's so I'll lilely sell the green 3000 in the Fall.

The 44 looks to be chain reduction, and probably with the 30 series topend. That particular saw will cut better with the bow.

Any advice on tuning a saw that hesitates when you pull the trigger?

The manual for my 3400 says to turn the L screw richer if it hesitates, so I did, and that ended up with fuel everywhere. Should I lean it out a little. It'll go but it just hesitates a little bit. Could it be slop in the throttle linkage?

I meant the L screw...

Last edited:
Any advice on tuning a saw that hesitates when you pull the trigger?

The manual for my 3400 says to turn the idle screw richer if it hesitates, so I did, and that ended up with fuel everywhere. Should I lean it out a little. It'll go but it just hesitates a little bit. Could it be slop in the throttle linkage?

That's the standard correction the hesitation issue. When all else fails, I usually go to initial settings of 1 turn out and start from there on both H & L screws. Make sure air filter is clean. Beyond that a carb rebuild might be in order.

Back