Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob pm me your address i can send you some handle wrap which kind you need the foam type or the wrap type ? i have alot to do tommorrow so hopefully the rain has subsided and clear skys tommorrow hopefully

going to go job hunting also
also have to find that 245 part for steve hope i can find it so i can send it to him

Where you gonna job hunt? People have about given up in most places. Over 9% unemployment and that's a very modest estimate. Good luck, I hope you find something you like..

Where you gonna job hunt? People have about given up in most places. Over 9% unemployment and that's a very modest estimate. Good luck, I hope you find something you like..

im trying to be on as a 911 dispatcher i know everyone in that dept even the sheriff knows me personally with me being in fire and ems all them years i kind of have experience in radio communications already its just instead of driving a truck or bus i will be behind a desk

Last edited:
Joe and Turtle, I'm tempted to do it like the Homelites, run a steel line part of the way and tygon part of the way. The steel part would be the part that's closest to the flywheel. On my next 25 I'm still in the figgerin' stage. Could wallow it up through the handle like a 2000, but I don't think I want to go through that much hassle. I'll probably do it close to stock. The stock one lasted over 20 years. I probably won't be around to see the next one wear out if it's anywhere near that good.

I dont get it. These fuel lines are a simple piece of cake. I have NEVER seen one get into the flywheel if it was run the way the factory intended it to be run. I have posted several pictures here myself and even pages from the factory service manual, its not that hard.

You said it yourself that the original lasted 20 years without a problem. I rest my case.

Its your saw run it anyway you want to, but dont make it out to be a problem with the design of it.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
mark- i don't know what i need yet. a chain for sure, as it has the power sharp on it still. i'll check searsparts as it is one of their red metal ones with electronic ignition.
a.palmer jr.- i had to laugh when i saw where they put the fuel line. looks like they drilled a hole to route it outside & away from the flywheel.probably couldn't get through the right passages.
i put mine behind the coil, no vapor lock yet though it is still close to the flywheel.
i think when the lines dry out they shrink and that may have put your fuel line in contact with the FW.
a couple of pics.1st, the drilled hole, hope this wasn't stock ?. the 2nd one, mine behind the coil.waiting for ?

Man, that guy who put that fuel line on was a moron.

I dont get it. These fuel lines are a simple piece of cake. I have NEVER seen one get into the flywheel if it was run the way the factory intended it to be run. I have posted several pictures here myself and even pages from the factory service manual, its not that hard.

You said it yourself that the original lasted 20 years without a problem. I rest my case.

Its your saw run it anyway you want to, but dont make it out to be a problem with the design of it.

Not knocking the design but noticed Poulan changed it with the newer models like the 2000. Not sure if my last Poulan fuel line was from factory or not, but thinking it was, I got the saw used but a few years ago. I'm still not sure how the fuel line got into the flywheel, I ran it the same way you did in your picture. I've got another one to do in the near future so I'll run it as you did and see what happens. I believe it was one of the other members that said it was a bad design however.

O. K.

I have a nice 3700 on its way, I know it won't replace my 4200 but it gets me a step closer. It will look nice next to my 3400. Will send pictures when it gets here.

You guys are wrapped up here with technical stuff. So I thought I might add this for your edification. If you are over 50 you already know a lot about it most likely.

Hey what to you call it when you look up a Poulan 5200's poop chute to see the condition of the P&C?
why its a Poulanoscopy of course!

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange

O.K. I am outa here, be back when I have something meaningfull to contribute.

I hope you got a giggle out of that one.:cheers:

:jawdrop::ices_rofl:

Not knocking the design but noticed Poulan changed it with the newer models like the 2000. Not sure if my last Poulan fuel line was from factory or not, but thinking it was, I got the saw used but a few years ago. I'm still not sure how the fuel line got into the flywheel, I ran it the same way you did in your picture. I've got another one to do in the near future so I'll run it as you did and see what happens. I believe it was one of the other members that said it was a bad design however.

I dont know what your point is here even mentioning a 2000 in this discussion about a 25 series fuel line. The 2000/Micro saws are completly different models. The fuel lines are not even close to being run the same way? The 25 series and the Micros were produced in the same time frame as well.

Like comparing apples and watermelons.

brain check

put a full kit in the HDB on my newest 3.7 but forgot the order that the gasket/metering diaphram go down on the body. set the metering lever with the gasket off. does the gasket go on the body, then the diaphram ? it's been awhile:dizzy:

I dont know what your point is here even mentioning a 2000 in this discussion about a 25 series fuel line. The 2000/Micro saws are completly different models. The fuel lines are not even close to being run the same way? The 25 series and the Micros were produced in the same time frame as well.

I think the micros came out after the 25 series. At least that's the way I remember. It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to get it running.
I never did get an answer to the question I asked before, maybe everyone missed it and that was concerning the comparison of the 25 series versus the micro 2.0. From the saws I've had it seems the 2.1 is a lot more saw than the 2.0. I know it has to do with the condition and the tune-up but the 2.1 seems to run much better.

Uh..that was my point that Poulan ran them a different way.

put a full kit in the HDB on my newest 3.7 but forgot the order that the gasket/metering diaphram go down on the body. set the metering lever with the gasket off. does the gasket go on the body, then the diaphram ? it's been awhile:dizzy:

On the metering side (side with needle valve) the gasket goes next to the carb body and the diaphragm goes next to the cover. It's the opposite on the pump side with the diaphragm next to the body and the gasket next to the cover.

I think the micros came out after the 25 series. At least that's the way I remember. It really doesn't matter to me, I'm just trying to get it running.
I never did get an answer to the question I asked before, maybe everyone missed it and that was concerning the comparison of the 25 series versus the micro 2.0. From the saws I've had it seems the 2.1 is a lot more saw than the 2.0. I know it has to do with the condition and the tune-up but the 2.1 seems to run much better.

You are correct that the micros did come out after the 25 series but they both had a very long production run side by side.
As far as the the comparison of the 25 series versus the micro 2.0. whats there to compare, pretty much completely different saws and price points.

Yep the 2.1 is probably better, got better porting, better construction, better oiler design along with a bigger wieght and price tag. On that basis it should be a lot more saw dont you think?

Uh..that was my point that Poulan ran them a different way.

Ok, maybe I misunderstood.

From the saws I've had it seems the 2.1 is a lot more saw than the 2.0. I know it has to do with the condition and the tune-up but the 2.1 seems to run much better.[/QUOTE]

Well, it depends who you ask. There was a post a while back about the 2.0, 2.1, 2.3 micros. The member (his name escapes me) claimed that his buddy (I think) worked in the Poulan plant. He claimed that Poulan actually used the 2.3 in ALL the saws. The reason was it was cheaper to make 1 engine, and just under-rate it for the 2.0 and 2.1. Now, I have no idea if this is true or not. It would be easy to find out tho.

67Mustang got ya covered.:) If ya run into trouble, the IPL's for them saws usually have an exploded view of the carb. You can check your assembly with that. It shows the gaskets, etc.

:cheers:
Gregg,

yeah gregg, thanks . i got into the sears catalog and they have an ipl there. this one sat in a box for 6 months ,til i found a p/c for it. thanks to redunshee. now it's going together at a good clip.tonight got the carb/manifold on the cylinder, fresh rings in and the cylinder torqued down on some yamabond. finally getting somewhere.

The old Poulans are like air, you just can't live without them!:D

Sounds like you must be bringing back to life one of the old sand cast beasts.

Gregg,

Hey Gregg ole 67 mustang got us into the old saws. In the last 2 weeks we've picked up a s33, 71a, 81a, 3400 countervibe, 245, and a few of the little ones in the 200 range. We're just starting on the Poulans adding them to the ever growing stable of good and old. All total we picked up 12 saws this week. I already have some of them running and like LP said we need to find some Fairbanks starter cups for some more. I hate them things with a passion. Good day to all.
Joe

Hey Gregg ole 67 mustang got us into the old saws. In the last 2 weeks we've picked up a s33, 71a, 81a, 3400 countervibe, 245, and a few of the little ones in the 200 range. We're just starting on the Poulans adding them to the ever growing stable of good and old. All total we picked up 12 saws this week. I already have some of them running and like LP said we need to find some Fairbanks starter cups for some more. I hate them things with a passion. Good day to all.
Joe

Ole Steve seems to have a nack for finding the oldies, thats for sure.:bowdown:
I'm a NEWBIE when it comes to the older Poulan sandcast models. I think Thomas72, and ModifiedMark are the fellas that seem to know their way around them pretty well. I only have one of those oldies, a model 47. Luckily the starter is still doing its job, as intended. So I don't have any extras layin around to help ya out in that regard.
I got to run Marks 71A this spring. That was a hoot!! but ya better have your hearing protection on.;)

Gregg,

Hey Gregg ole 67 mustang got us into the old saws.
Joe

Just to clear this up a bit, I never intentionally got SP & LP started on Poulans. The truth is they used to tell me when they found an old Poulan so I could buy it. Now I only hear about it on here when they get one and are stuck to it like a frog's tongue on a fly. LOL :cheers:

Latest posts

Back