Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clear this up a bit, I never intentionally got SP & LP started on Poulans. The truth is they used to tell me when they found an old Poulan so I could buy it. Now I only hear about it on here when they get one and are stuck to it like a frog's tongue on a fly. LOL :cheers:

Well, you wont be happy seeing the next poulan family portrait Im fixing to take :)

And Ill make sure the 306 Bow is in the picture :)

attachment.php

3400 CV, 245A, 306A, Dayton=361, S-33, 81. A 71A in hiding that awaits a sand blasting and painting

attachment.php

3400 CV, 245A, 306A, Dayton=361, S-33, 81. A 71A in hiding that awaits a sand blasting and painting

That group will put a LOT of wood in the truck in a days time!
If you can find enough REAL men to run them!!!

I'd love to pick out 6 guys to take to the woods with that group and show some "saw snobs" that their way isn't the ONLY way!!!:cheers:

Mike

attachment.php

LOL Lp i know that is not you in that avatar

sent off a package today to mark so he should be getting that in a few days

My digital camera is hiding i need it so i can put some more poulan parts on the website

Ole Steve seems to have a nack for finding the oldies, thats for sure.:bowdown:
I'm a NEWBIE when it comes to the older Poulan sandcast models. I think Thomas72, and ModifiedMark are the fellas that seem to know their way around them pretty well. I only have one of those oldies, a model 47. Luckily the starter is still doing its job, as intended. So I don't have any extras layin around to help ya out in that regard.
I got to run Marks 71A this spring. That was a hoot!! but ya better have your hearing protection on.;)

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg, sorry but I'm not much help on the specifics of the sand cast saws, never seen any around here to know much about them!

Mark that 81 is a trip we ain't run it in the wood yet. The carb and tank needed cleaning like all the rest and it took me and LP to git her going. He does the yanking and I run the screwdriver. Like I said don't know how it's going to cut, but it runs real good and strong.
Getting them roaring back to life makes me have chicken skin. I like that the best I have to let LP do most of the running cause of my back. Most of the ones we got this week are complete and in good shape for the most part. Tank cleaning fuel lines and carb kits and Vaarooooom. I bet we put in 6 or 8 carb kits and had to order 10 more. We'll try to post more pics as they come along.
Joe

Just to clear this up a bit, I never intentionally got SP & LP started on Poulans. The truth is they used to tell me when they found an old Poulan so I could buy it. Now I only hear about it on here when they get one and are stuck to it like a frog's tongue on a fly. LOL :cheers:

Buddy ole pal we ain't forgot you. We are digging thru this mountain of saws and LP hollars this one for Steve. He made two piles one for him and one for you. Yesterday we got two hook ups and they told us they would call when the got some more. So you better start building that new room on to your shop.

I'm not as dumb as LP makes me out to be. I listened to Steve the man and have been looking for um and finding more of the good stuff. I still got a few cause they was cute. That women in Albermarle stihl has that saw and the man came down to $75 . But we left it with him. Next time you come over we'll going hunting again.

Well since Mark called the 245, Ill take the 3400. lol
SP threatened me the other day and said I was gonna have to cut a load of wood with the 81, so I told him he had to use the Wright blade saw.

Now, back to Poulans. What Poulan equivalent is this Craftsman?
attachment.php

Well since Mark called the 245, Ill take the 3400. lol
SP threatened me the other day and said I was gonna have to cut a load of wood with the 81, so I told him he had to use the Wright blade saw.

Now, back to Poulans. What Poulan equivalent is this Craftsman?
attachment.php

What you have there, looks to be a Poulan 2300 CVA.

Mark that 81 is a trip we ain't run it in the wood yet. The carb and tank needed cleaning like all the rest and it took me and LP to git her going. He does the yanking and I run the screwdriver. Like I said don't know how it's going to cut, but it runs real good and strong.
Getting them roaring back to life makes me have chicken skin. I like that the best I have to let LP do most of the running cause of my back. Most of the ones we got this week are complete and in good shape for the most part. Tank cleaning fuel lines and carb kits and Vaarooooom. I bet we put in 6 or 8 carb kits and had to order 10 more. We'll try to post more pics as they come along.
Joe

That 81 should pull through the wood pretty good at 89cc!

I know the 71A is a blast at 92cc.

If your painting the 71A I scanned the decal off of it when it fell off and before I put it back on, maybe someone could recreate it?

attachment.php

I think it would look better done up in green. Haha, I would leave it this color but a lot of it has worn off, and the green shows up in a few places, and bare metal in other places

attachment.php

There you go Mr. Mark, just save it, then should work for ya

attachment.php

That was the saw in question- just didnt know if maybe it was a Poulan, so off to Acres

Latest posts

Back