Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

There you go Mr. Mark, just save it, then should work for ya

attachment.php

That was the saw in question- just didnt know if maybe it was a Poulan, so off to Acres

Why thank you young man! Appriciate it.

Joe already named that saw, if not the model, it is for sure a Remington.

Why thank you young man! Appriciate it.

Joe already named that saw, if not the model, it is for sure a Remington.
Just glad I got to help out somebody else for a change :)

Remi came with a package deal. But thanks for the ID, and please dont ban me for asking if it has Poulan heritage

the yellow parts are right. it's a poulan pro 375 (61cc) like the poulan 3700 or craftsman 3.7. it has the craftsman 3.4 starter side. like the side vent on the muffler, may do that to my 3.7.

the yellow parts are right. it's a poulan pro 375 (61cc) like the poulan 3700 or craftsman 3.7. it has the craftsman 3.4 starter side. like the side vent on the muffler, may do that to my 3.7.

:agree2: I have a 375. The air filter cover is the 4000 style and will take the 4000 af. You'll also note that it has the 4000 style muffler as well. My recoil has the 4000 type recoil and starter pawls. It's basically a 4000 with a 3700 top end.

DSCN0564.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

Note the 4000 style air filter cover.

DSCN0559.jpg

Slightly different style of muffler than most 3400/3700's.

DSCN0568.jpg

Also, this for Bob & Gregg, is this the style of starter dogs and recoil you've been discussing? I noticed they were different from the style I've seen on other 3400/3700's.

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

Last edited:
Steve pretty much nailed it. The 375 was the 3700 version, and 395 was the 4000 version, when they switched to the yellow & black Poulan Pro colors.
The 395 seems to be a rare bird, but you do on ocasion see the 375.

Its my opinion, and I could be wrong, I think they just finished out that line of saws with the parts they had a stock of, hence the 4000 type parts on both. Something tells me they didn't produce a lot of 4000 P/C combos though.

There was a 375 Farm Pro that sold on Ebay a while back. I put the same bid in for it as someone else did. He sold it to the first bidder, and told me that he had a 395 Farm Pro also, that he was possibly gonna put up for sale in the future.

:cheers:
Gregg,

655 BP for sale

If someone wants to cough up the $250 the owner is asking, this could be yours. I found it on the Sacramento CL. Somehow I do not think the air cleaner is original.

3n63p03lf5O65T15Z2a8s344ffedcdfb61035.jpg

3m53p63o65Q45Z25U4a8s0ef80aeb715615f8.jpg

O.K. I am not familiar with the starter pawls on the other Poulans, but mine look a lot like yours except about 100 times dirtier...

This saw was so dirty you almost couldn't tell what color it was when they held it up, only that it wasn't red. In the last picture I have knocked of some of the big chunks.

Did these things come with the Oregon bars on them? This one has the safety chain on it and due to the condition of the sprocket (looking almost new) and the great compression it has me wondering....:confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is the starter system (rewind/starter pawls) that are generally identified with the 4000 on here. If you pulled the rewind off the 3700 you'd see the difference.

BTW, forgot to show a pic of the new clutch cover for my 375 and the great decal that Gregg made and gave to me at the Poulan GTG.

67Mustang

Not mine, I just posted the information about it being for sale. The ad was just posted yesterday afternoon, so I suspect it is still available.

I actually found it. Thanks lil buddy. If my deal im working on for a really nice homelite falls threw in the next hour then i may see if the old lady will let me switch gears to that.

Well I got my hands on one of the new 50CC Sears Craftsman saws today. It looks like a very, very, nice saw for $195 sale price.

If you look at it from the bottom it bears a strong resemblance to the 240 series Husky saws. It uses AV springs and they are mounted very Husky like.

The muffler also bears a strong resemblance to the dual outlet Husky mufflers. The saw is a little heavy as Poulans sometimes are but it was sporting a full sized 20 inch bar, like the Oregon on my 375 Farm Pro not the little skinny things that you find on the consumer grade Poulans. It balanced well in my hands.

The gas , oil and on off switches are old school Poulan for sure. It has a nice air cleaner element that is pleated and easy to get to.

The most amazing thing on the saw is it has a full metal clutch cover like you would expect to find on a pro grade saw.

perhaps it is a Poulvarna.....or perhaps a Husqvolan

If I had any excuse at all to buy a new saw, and only had $200 to spend I would buy one of these things in a heartbeat. It looks good, it has storage for the scwrench in the handle and the metal clutch cover with 2 stout retaining bolts are just icing on the cake.:greenchainsaw:

Oh I forgot to mention the very husky like steel felling dawgs!

I would like to see one myself, but I have to disagree with you on the dogs, as there pure Poulan style and them along with the fuel caps are what finally got me to believe it was a Poulan.

:bang:
Ah yes you are right. I wasn't thinking about the older saws.

They look more like the ones on my 375 and on my old 4200. They look much better than the goofy ones that came on my 330 and 3450. They don't look as good as the old dawgs but much better than the 330/3450 dawgs. They look like something about 1/2 way between those 2 designs.

If you look at the left side of the saw using the zoom feature in the link you can get a pretty good look at the muffler and clutch cover. I just looked at it again and sure enough it is an Oregon bar on it.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07135098000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

It is probably a complete new design at least on the clam shell. It seemed to have a much larger opening on the bottom of the clutch cover for chip ejection, very similar to the Husky's that were right next to it. I saw this one at the Sears store in Saginaw. I was very surprised to find a metal clutch cover on it.:popcorn:

That clutch cover and muffler scream Husqvarna.

Poulan 245A piston installation

Steve(RMS61MoparMan) did a great job on my P&C and I'm ready to install them. Questions: (1) I read somewhere that that piston should be installed so that the ring pins face towards the magneto/coil. There is an arrow on the interior of the piston crown that would point toward the bottom of saw using this procedure. Is this installation correct? (2) Should I lightly lube the connecting rod bearings where the wrist pin goes? (3) Original circlip flew off and I purchased a Stihl circlip to replace it. Finally found original but wonder if the Stihl will work. It fits ok but probably not as snug as the original. It is easier to install as it has curved areas at the tip enabling me to use a small needle nose. Don't want to mess things up. Maybe I should use the original. Thanks for your input and thanks, Steve.

Steve(RMS61MoparMan) did a great job on my P&C and I'm ready to install them. Questions: (1) I read somewhere that that piston should be installed so that the ring pins face towards the magneto/coil. There is an arrow on the interior of the piston crown that would point toward the bottom of saw using this procedure. Is this installation correct? (2) Should I lightly lube the connecting rod bearings where the wrist pin goes? (3) Original circlip flew off and I purchased a Stihl circlip to replace it. Finally found original but wonder if the Stihl will work. It fits ok but probably not as snug as the original. It is easier to install as it has curved areas at the tip enabling me to use a small needle nose. Don't want to mess things up. Maybe I should use the original. Thanks for your input and thanks, Steve.

Bob,

Steve or Mark would probably be better suited than I for these answers but here goes anyway.
If I tell him something wrong guys, correct me!

1) Yes! The locating pins go toward the mag side.
2) Yes! A little lube is good.
3) I would use the original if it isn't damaged. I do love the "easy install" circlips but I think you will find they are a different wire diameter and won't fit the groove in the piston as well as the original.

Glad you received them back and I hope they work out well for you.
I'm pretty sure they will be fine.

Mike

Anyone used a 361?

I have one and got it running, thinking about use for a stump cutter/beater
saw, but I did not see a chain catcher and the clutch cover looks wide
open on bottom, little concerned about using it. I have had it running with
bar & chain, but it was on the ground, no place for chain to go if it jumped
off.

Seems like i need to start keeping eye on the weather channel in case you all dont know im located 8 miles from the atlantic ocean

Steve i may be coming inland to your place if its ok cause if this storm goes to a cat 3 or 4 or even a 5 i may be going inland and will need somewhere to go since i cannot afford hotel

Latest posts

Back