Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tell you the easiest thing is have darin move it to my forum i will make it a sticky

ohio gregg gets the last of the fancy decals now i need to find out what they listed for when they were available

anyone needing any 245 muffler parts ?

1 or two screw muffler parts and which ones? Part numbers or picture please.

This is just me, and my limited experience with them. I think you will find the newer one, 4018, to be a strato type saw, with the secondary air inlet on the manifold. The older 2375 is probably the traditional setup. And, the one I much prefer. But probably won't notice much difference.

I don't know the reasoning for the different model numbers, I think they just changed the model numbers after a few years, like on other saws they made over the years, and after minor changes, like the 5200, 5400, 8500 for example. They are all 85cc saws. The 2375 & 4018 are both 42cc saws.

The older ones, some will have a chain brake, but some not. I prefer them without myself. I think all the newer ones have one. My sisters boyfriend has Wild Things, thats all he uses. :dizzy: Buys them cheap and runs them till they are plumb wore out. He has cut tons of wood with them over the years.
Thats how I got the 2375 I have. He got several of them for nothing practicaly, both had bad P/C's. I put a new P/C in the one he wanted, and I kept the older 2375, bad P/C and all..LOL Thats the one I use for the Wild Thing races..:) Makes me wonder how it would run with a New P/C.

:cheers:
Gregg,

also the newer one has an inboard clutch set-up,the older one,an outboard.

Sticky or not I try to read this thread every day. If not I have trouble keeping up. I quess popularity is not a requirement for a sticky. This thread has to grow faster than almost any other.

i have 1-530024095
1-530024096
3-530024191
1-530022023
2-530024093
1-530029271
2-530023797
2-530010871
1-530022022
2-530023535
1-530023452

and do have other stuff too that i have not got to

sending PM

Sticky or not I try to read this thread every day. If not I have trouble keeping up. I quess popularity is not a requirement for a sticky. This thread has to grow faster than almost any other.

:agree2: almost 300 pages!

:confused:

a little strange something as broad as "everything about Poulans" isn't sticky worthy but something that is a narrowly focused as 361 muffler mods is sticky worthy......:confused::confused::confused:

:sucks:

Our chain saws have cross bred
The Stihls have got together with the Poulans and the result is that our sticky's have been Stoulan!:cry::cry:

Yea..I was thinkin the same thing. How does a muffler mod on a specific saw rate a sticky, but the Poulan, Mac, Pioneer, etc. threads do not. :dizzy:
I guess the squeeky wheel gets the oil! as usual.

Gregg,

good information!:cheers:

Doing my part to contribute. If the rain quits tomorrow I will get a vid of her.

I did start this in its own thread but it was moved here (which ofcourse is fine). Figured it would be easier for someone using the search function to find this info in its own thread.

Since I don't post in this thread often, I will show you what i've got for this hurricane that's supposedly coming this weekend.:biggrinbounce2:

100_2090.jpg

100_2087.jpg

The 245A and the 3800 have 20" bars, the 25D has a 16" and the XX has a 10". I think these four should have everything covered for this weekend. P.S. It sure is nice to be a part of such a great thread as this!

Since I don't post in this thread often, I will show you what i've got for this hurricane that's supposedly coming this weekend.:biggrinbounce2:

100_2090.jpg

100_2087.jpg

The 245A and the 3800 have 20" bars, the 25D has a 16" and the XX has a 10". I think these four should have everything covered for this weekend. P.S. It sure is nice to be a part of such a great thread as this!

Welcome! Thats a fine lookin table full of saws ya got there.:clap:
You should have it covered. One suggestion on the 245A, I found that a 24" bar is just the cats behind on that saw. They don't turn quite the rpm of more modern saws, but they have a ton of tourq to handle larger bars.

Gregg,

I found that 245A at an auction for $25. It felt like it was scored up when I bought it and that is actually the saw that directed me to this site. To make a long story short, I saw some threads on here about cleaning cylinders up with Muriatic acid and gave it a try since I didn't have much to lose, freed the rings on the piston, and put new gaskets in it. I need to get some run time on it since It feels a little weak right now. A 24" bar is a good suggestion but I don't have one or the money to buy one right now.

Welcome! Thats a fine lookin table full of saws ya got there.:clap:
You should have it covered. One suggestion on the 245A, I found that a 24" bar is just the cats behind on that saw. They don't turn quite the rpm of more modern saws, but they have a ton of tourq to handle larger bars.

Gregg,

Heck, Gregg looks like I gotta spend more money for a 24" bar. Going to paint the 245A tomorrow and assemble the Dayton clone early next week. Will include pictures when completed
Bob

Heck, Gregg looks like I gotta spend more money for a 24" bar. Going to paint the 245A tomorrow and assemble the Dayton clone early next week. Will include pictures when completed
Bob

Looking forward to the pics Bob. I happened to have a 24" bar to put on it.
I know the problem with buying new bars all the time $$$. I killed two birds with one stone, using my old Husky 24" bar on one of my 4000's.
I was going to buy a new 30" bar for the 5200 project, but am going to go the same route with that, to try save some money. I have a well used 28" Husky mount bar I will use on that saw. I need to get a new chain though.
Need to get a chain one link shorter for the Poulan, It was out at the end of adjustment.:mad:

Gregg,

Looking forward to the pics Bob. I happened to have a 24" bar to put on it.
I know the problem with buying new bars all the time $$$. I killed two birds with one stone, using my old Husky 24" bar on one of my 4000's.
I was going to buy a new 30" bar for the 5200 project, but am going to go the same route with that, to try save some money. I have a well used 28" Husky mount bar I will use on that saw. I need to get a new chain though.
Need to get a chain one link shorter for the Poulan, It was out at the end of adjustment.:mad:

Gregg,

hey gregg sent that off today to you im kind of excited right now got off the phone with the tech dept at husqvarna in charlotte they may be signing me up as a service only dealer for the husky line and ayp line so that means warranty work may start showing up
if it goes thru with them

i know right now i can work on poulans and mccullochs under warranty

have a trimmer waiting for a carb rebuild but i have to wait and see what this storm is going to do

The outer bands of clouds from earl is starting to come ashore here

Last edited:
Just a quick shout out to Raz900...

:hmm3grin2orange:

the Craftsman 3.7 that you sent me is awesome! That thing runs like a new saw! I finally got a chance to play with it a little today. Thanks Stephen!

:bowdown:

A quick update on the poor filthy abused Poulan 375 Farm pro that I bought at the auction for $20. Got a chance to mess with it a little. Pulled the plug and cranked it over while turned upside down. It was so flooded gas poured out of it. I then held the throttle open and pulled it about 30 times, put the plug back in and it fired right up! Compression feels great and it revs out nice. Still need to be gone through but it seems to be mechanically sound.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

This looks like an interesting older Poulan Pro 665....I have blown my saw budget for the moment or I would have to call on this one.

:cry:

I couldn't find any info on it on the collectors site so I don't know how large it is. It looks fairly modern. It reminds me of the Pioneer farm saw.
Might be worth a look...it is only $59

http://allentown.craigslist.org/tls/1927216484.html

:confused:

attachment.php

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

That ones going to make me cry... A 100cc Poulan Pro 655 for $59?

Where in the hell is Allentown?

Latest posts

Back