Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well who live's close enough to pick it up for me. I sure would like to pick up another one after getting rid of the other 2 that I had.

Well who live's close enough to pick it up for me. I sure would like to pick up another one after getting rid of the other 2 that I had.

Well I had to send the email to see if they still have it and would ship it. I would have to take a chance on that one maybe.

I just found out that I will be getting another 5200 soon and I'm waiting on a guy to get back to me on a Homelite 750....

So, I guess I have went this long without a 655 and it didnt kill me.

Those PP475's were a CL deal that the guy shipped though. I guess I never mentioned that they were close enough to you that you could have done a couple hour round trip to pick em up.

is there any way to get this thread moved over here where it belongs?

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=147109

:bang:

That is my bad. I started that thread separate, thinking it would be easier for people using the search function to find. It was moved into this thread and I made this statement to the mod. (not a quote) It seems more people search the thread headings and do not take the time to read through the larger threads for the content they need. Figured it easier this way.
I did not protest the move just explained my reasoning. The mod then moved it back to a separate thread. I don't care where it is as long as people get the info.

Anyway, shot a video of this saw today. This is the first run for tuning. On the last cut the chain bound up. Found a pinch in the rail that hangs when the chain gets warm. Already way over budget on this one LOL. Might as well pick up a new bar also.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iRzw0dNppvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iRzw0dNppvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That is my bad. I started that thread separate, thinking it would be easier for people using the search function to find. It was moved into this thread and I made this statement to the mod. (not a quote) It seems more people search the thread headings and do not take the time to read through the larger threads for the content they need. Figured it easier this way.
I did not protest the move just explained my reasoning. The mod then moved it back to a separate thread. I don't care where it is as long as people get the info.

Anyway, shot a video of this saw today. This is the first run for tuning. On the last cut the chain bound up. Found a pinch in the rail that hangs when the chain gets warm. Already way over budget on this one LOL. Might as well pick up a new bar also.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iRzw0dNppvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iRzw0dNppvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I seen that fix that you used, but I'm not really that up on the Husky vents but I see nothing wrong with the way that thing runs.

I forgot, did you open the muffler up a bit? I know my 330 took to a minor mod well and I'm planning more for it in the future.

Since you have some Huskys that run the small mount bars, are you aware that they can be easilly adapted to the Poulan?

Basically you have to file the adjuster holes up so they will oil through the adjuster holes themselves. I'm running a Z095 mount on my 330 as it takes the regular 70dl chain instead of the 72 drivelink on the normal small Husky K095 mount bars.

You may want to try one of your Husky bars on it though to make sure the DL count works out ok, as they sometimes like 1 DL less chains when mounted on the Poulan.

Great info. Was thinking a husky bar might fit with some work. Not worried about the Dl count as I have a breaker and spinner now. The muffler is stock but will not be for long. This thing is set up for quiet and does not breath well. You can even hear it fight itself to rev.

This looks like an interesting older Poulan Pro 665....I have blown my saw budget for the moment or I would have to call on this one.

I sent the fellow an e-mail within an hour of the ad appearing and did not hear anything so I sent him another yesterday and still nothing. I hope you have better response than I did...

I've gone Green!!

Gentlemen, I am proud to join you. A few minutes ago, a 90 pound Letter Carrier dropped off a 55 pound box of chainsaws, two of them were Green, one Yellow.

offbrands001.jpg

No time to take more than one pic and see if they were mostly intact, One pulls over nicely, the other doesn't, could be seized or recoil malfunction.
These are my only "modern" chainsaws, this should be fun, been interested in the 3400 ever since I ran Farley's. I will be expanding my knowledge here, thinking of making a good, zippy little saw between the pair of them.

Thank you drilldaddy

Don't sell your self short Randy!
I see two good runners there.

Welcome aboard!
I will help you in any way I can, or if you want KNOWLEDGEABLE advice, Mark, Steve, Gregg and Joe are usually by here at least once a day!:cheers:

Mike

Don't sell your self short Randy!
I see two good runners there.

Welcome aboard!
I will help you in any way I can, or if you want KNOWLEDGEABLE advice, Mark, Steve, Gregg and Joe are usually by here at least once a day!:cheers:

Mike

Thanks Mike.
I know nothing, you could tell me I needed Urainium piston covers and I might believe you.
I'm looking forward to this.

Well pull the muffler and the recoil on the locked up one and see what you find.
They have been known to get something wedged in the flywheel (stuck to the magnet) and lock up that way.

Mike

The 3400 is not a bad saw, but it is worth the time to find a 3700 or 4000 top end for them. Around here a lot of people still use them to cut firewood with bows on them of course.

Im gone 4 days and we go from sticky to non sticky and back! Well at least we are back. Some nice saws posted here too. Forgot whose but the 3800, 245A, S25 and XX are some fine saws:clap:
I agree with Mike about your 2 Randy. Once you get into them post some pics. Are they both 3400s? The black top looks like a 3.7.

Im gone 4 days and we go from sticky to non sticky and back! Well at least we are back. Some nice saws posted here too. Forgot whose but the 3800, 245A, S25 and XX are some fine saws:clap:
I agree with Mike about your 2 Randy. Once you get into them post some pics. Are they both 3400s? The black top looks like a 3.7.

Those 4 saws you mentioned were mine.

k10-SDC carb problem

I think that acts as a check valve in the jet. I have never seen them available alone or in a kit. Might need a carb body to fix that. Not sure. Anderson Chainsaw Performance has good used carbs, bodies, and rebuilt ones usually.
4000fixed:clap:

I seen that fix that you used, but I'm not really that up on the Husky vents but I see nothing wrong with the way that thing runs.

I forgot, did you open the muffler up a bit? I know my 330 took to a minor mod well and I'm planning more for it in the future.

Since you have some Huskys that run the small mount bars, are you aware that they can be easilly adapted to the Poulan?

Basically you have to file the adjuster holes up so they will oil through the adjuster holes themselves. I'm running a Z095 mount on my 330 as it takes the regular 70dl chain instead of the 72 drivelink on the normal small Husky K095 mount bars.

You may want to try one of your Husky bars on it though to make sure the DL count works out ok, as they sometimes like 1 DL less chains when mounted on the Poulan.

Had to add two DL for the Husky bar to work. Should pick up a second or two with the "Farm Tough" bar LOL. These mufflers are restrictive. I removed the tube and ground out the factory outlet to 80%. My guess would be it was at 25%. Thanks for the info ModifiedM

Had to add two DL for the Husky bar to work. Should pick up a second or two with the "Farm Tough" bar LOL. These mufflers are restrictive. I removed the tube and ground out the factory outlet to 80%. My guess would be it was at 25%. Thanks for the info ModifiedM

My guess is it will pickup 25%. Power that is. LOL

You filed the aduster hole up in the bar so it will oil right?

Latest posts

Back