Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67 Mustang- i replaced the reduction chain on my model 54 and it took a #35 mower chain, like what they used on karts.a mower shop can match it up, less than $10 as i recall.

attachment.php

Last edited:
what ya all think?

so i got the oiler working tonite swished oil tank with gas shook it all around filled it up and its pumping heheh so now my question this this saw will fire right up ya flick the trigger its nice and smooth will sit and idle all day long i put into wood or rev it hard it gets boggy now this is the first time ive done points could they be wrong? also it does still need new fuel lines filter air filter etc! if it was any other saw id say carb but bein ive never done points and it starts an idles so good what do ya all think? ok im off read will check back later thanks for the help so far i suppose i can just do the lines and rebuild carb and see if it still persists thanks folks!

Hey Turtle thanks for the pic. Mine don't look like that they are both rounded down. I'll give um sharpen in the AM. I took it all apart today and cleaned the washers again then ran um across some emery paper and put it back together the :censored: :censored: still didn't work. While messing with the housing it tried to catch so I held it in place a nd locked her down. Three pulls and the 71A fires up. So I'm happy with it for now. The S33 is next. Thanks all you guys for the help.
Joe

I followed your question from the milling forum. This Poulan thread is a monster and you may get more hits if you started your own thread. By the way, now that you are a member of AS you should go out and buy three more chainsaws and put that Poulan on your mantle as a conversation piece. Welcome!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for your welcome! The Poulan is going great guns - I'll retire it one day to pride of place above my stove that it will have fed so diligently for years! My saw is subtly different to yours - I'll post a picture shortly...but I'm intrigued to know how you start it without the cord...

I would just like to thank all you guys for the help on getting the 33s, and 71A going. Turtle the sharpening trick worked real good on the 71 but not so much on the 33. BUT they both went to the running rack today along with a 245 and a 3400 counter vibe. All in all a good day in the saw shop.

I would just like to thank all you guys for the help on getting the 33s, and 71A going. Turtle the sharpening trick worked real good on the 71 but not so much on the 33. BUT they both went to the running rack today along with a 245 and a 3400 counter vibe. All in all a good day in the saw shop.

Its always a good feeling to put one up in the running rack!

nice saws

hello mark im new to the fourm just got done reading the whole poulan form all 300 plus pages and i really enjoyed reading your stuff and how your saws come out how you cleaned that lil red poulan rebaged saw was amazing and i will most likely read back through it a fewmore times i like joe 25das saws also i really like those old top handle saws i just modified my first muffler on an echo cs 3000 and it still dont bark anything like the old poulan i just got i love the way echos are dependable but man the older poulan brings a smile when i got it to fire really enjoy your posts as well as many others here!

Congratulations Mark!!!

That pair makes me kinda jealous!

Mike

Yeah I hear you, I get jealous as well sometimes looking at others saws.

The best part of these is they were both reasonable! Guess the other chainsaw snobs didn't want a lowly Craftsman saw. :cheers:

Just talked to a guy who has a 8500! But its not up for grabs. :mad:

He is going to have a 5200 and a 5400 up before long though.

I also just won that big lot of Poulan 306/245 parts on the bay! I'll have extras of some stuff that I will spread around if needed by someone else.

hello mark im new to the fourm just got done reading the whole poulan form all 300 plus pages and i really enjoyed reading your stuff and how your saws come out how you cleaned that lil red poulan rebaged saw was amazing and i will most likely read back through it a fewmore times i like joe 25das saws also i really like those old top handle saws i just modified my first muffler on an echo cs 3000 and it still dont bark anything like the old poulan i just got i love the way echos are dependable but man the older poulan brings a smile when i got it to fire really enjoy your posts as well as many others here!

Why thank you! Glad your here, make yourself at home.

Well I might as well let the cat out of the bag now as well, I am supposed to have another 5200 coming sometime.

Just waiting for the nice man from Canada who picked it up for me to get back with me on shipping it. I know he's busy so I just appreciate his help and will be glad to wait on it some.

Nice to see it coming back to the states!

I hope he don't try it out though while he has it, he may not want to send it then! LOL

Yeah I hear you, I get jealous as well sometimes looking at others saws.

The best part of these is they were both reasonable! Guess the other chainsaw snobs didn't want a lowly Craftsman saw. :cheers:

Just talked to a guy who has a 8500! But its not up for grabs. :mad:

He is going to have a 5200 and a 5400 up before long though.

I also just won that big lot of Poulan 306/245 parts on the bay! I'll have extras of some stuff that I will spread around if needed by someone else.

So it was you who won the parts! Once again outbid by a fellow member. Really didn't think I bid high enough but who knows. Keep one of those point sets for me. Congrats.
Bob

Back