Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, the muffler bolts are supposed to be #12 screws. Don't mess this up anymore, theres not alot of room for error. Sounds like you need to put some timezerts (spelling?) in there. If your not comfortable doing that you may have to get a machine shop to do it for you.

As to the 5200 decals, there partly done. Joe didn't know about the top cover decals and must have lost the pictures I sent to him.

So if you have a early all green 5200 the decals are ready but I just resent him the black top cover decal pictures for him to get those done.

Any idea if he has or is doing 4200 decals? I see Chainsawr has one set.

attachment.php

spotted this allis chalmers at the engine show a few weeks back.

Somebody we all know and love, well know anyway (just kidding) has an orange one and should share pictures now that its running-it is running by now right, or have you been working on the other old junks?

Somebody we all know and love, well know anyway (just kidding) has an orange one and should share pictures now that its running-it is running by now right, or have you been working on the other old junks?

yes, let's see the orange one! :popcorn:

No, I haven't even started on the Allis Chalmers yet!!!
I've been trying to thin the herd some to;

1) Make room for more
and
2) Build up some cash reserves for a special purchase

Mike

Interesting 3400/3700

I was visiting a friend today who has a small engine shop. In the course of picking through his stuff, I came away with this 3400/3700. It is branded as a Wizard.

DavidBradley002.jpg

DavidBradley001.jpg

Most glaringly, it is missing the top cover and starter housing. How common are these?

From the info that I have, that Wizard style was only made from a 3400.

There were 2 different models of the Wizard 3400, AV18 and a BO13. I don't know why there were two different models listed by Wizard.

I had a guy call me last week about fixing a AV18 and also talked about getting a new saw instead. He said he would call me if he didnt fix the Wizard and bought a new one. I have not heard from him yet.

Those Wizard branded parts you need may be a challange to find.

What is this?

Feller dropped this off for the usual carb kit/fuel lines, and replace the missing screws job. I think it's a 3300, but there is nothing on it telling me for sure. The clutch cover has remnants of "Timber..." something on it. Recoil just has Poulan Made in USA.

DSCF3508.jpg

Well here she is guys, my first big Poulan. Won it ebay for $60 no bar or chain. Took it out of the box put gas in it and she fired on the third pull then idled perfect, the ad said it didn't run for parts only, hehe.

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

From the info that I have, that Wizard style was only made from a 3400.

There were 2 different models of the Wizard 3400, AV18 and a BO13. I don't know why there were two different models listed by Wizard.

I had a guy call me last week about fixing a AV18 and also talked about getting a new saw instead. He said he would call me if he didnt fix the Wizard and bought a new one. I have not heard from him yet.

Those Wizard branded parts you need may be a challange to find.

wish i knew of the wizard never seen one around my area before who sold them in there day ?

Well here she is guys, my first big Poulan. Won it ebay for $60 no bar or chain. Took it out of the box put gas in it and she fired on the third pull then idled perfect, the ad said it didn't run for parts only, hehe.

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

That is a nice entry right there. Looks like a low hour, later model saw too. Put a 20" bar on it and some 3/8''. You'll like that saw.

Did either of them have a nickname starting with "Timber"? What would be an identifying characteristic?

Steve got it nailed for you! I knew it wasnt a 3300 by the ribbed wide air filter and engine cover. Only the 60cc saws had them. It wasnt yellow so it couldnt be a PP365 so that only left a 3500 or a 3600.

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Nice looking 3800 ya got there!

Your picture is a bit fuzzy I can't make out any details other than the overall shape.

I have a Timbermaster 3600 3.7 cu in. displacement, it looks like this. The air cleaner cover
looks a lot like yours, there is also a port on the left side of the muffler that my other Poulans
of that series don't have.

Chrome cylinder and aluminum piston. If I remember right...:cheers:

Steve got it nailed for you! I knew it wasnt a 3300 by the ribbed wide air filter and engine cover. Only the 60cc saws had them. It wasnt yellow so it couldnt be a PP365 so that only left a 3500 or a 3600.

Looks like we have a Winnah! Thanks guys.:cheers:

Thanks guys, was thinking about a muffler mod, this is quiet for a 61cc saw. Lol

Nice looking 3800 ya got there!

Mark that is a nice 3800 did some changing on my banner ad something that microsoft publisher 2007 does very well bigger ad means helps people with problems with eye sight lol

Latest posts

Back