Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark that is a nice 3800 did some changing on my banner ad something that microsoft publisher 2007 does very well bigger ad means helps people with problems with eye sight lol

You need to do something with the phone number.
It looks blurry.
No I haven't had that much to drink...................................................YET!

Mike

3400 oiler

Alot of guys ask about a adjustable oiler on these saws and its been told that the early, early ones did have one.

I told you guys that I thought I remembered them having one from way back when I worked at the Poulan dealer.

Well I picked up a spare 3400 oiler from ebay that is a adjustable oiler!

Pics will follow later.

Alot of guys ask about a adjustable oiler on these saws and its been told that the early, early ones did have one.

I told you guys that I thought I remembered them having one from way back when I worked at the Poulan dealer.

Well I picked up a spare 3400 oiler from ebay that is a adjustable oiler!

Pics will follow later.

Yup. I had one. Think its still in my parts bin. As you well know they can't be put on newer 3400's w/o drilling a hole in the bottom of the case for the adjuster screw. Must be really early 3400's as one of mine I bought new in the late 70's and it didn't have it.
Bob

MUCHbetter!!!:clap:

Mike

thanks im going thru these poulan parts last saturday me and steve were looking at some bearings roller type and i think i found what they fit the 245 and 306 main bearing but steve wanted them so they are sold but here is this found the nuts for the 71a maybe others for the crankcase part 1633 have 6 of them Steve i found out what that one funny looking impeller fits its a electric blower PP220 well back to work on these parts trying to find them in that poulan parts list is hard work

but i know the 4 digit #s are either a 245 306 71a 361 etc, so it wipes the newer ones off the list
3943 prestolite points fit 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 92 saws just found one set in this bundle

i know mark will be glad to hear another item just found the bearings for the 71a and 54 part 3232

Last edited:
Well here she is guys, my first big Poulan. Won it ebay for $60 no bar or chain. Took it out of the box put gas in it and she fired on the third pull then idled perfect, the ad said it didn't run for parts only, hehe.

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

I almost bid on that! Could of been mine! I decided to bid on another saw that I was looking at. Good job!:clap:

Mark how hard are the 8 tooth 4838 1/2 " sprockets to find ? the ones that go on the 54

I don't know. This is a loaded question aint it? We all know there aint none made anymore.

Tell you what though, go find me 2 sprockets for my 71A. One in 3/8's and one in .404.

Or find me one rim and drum setup for it and I'll take it.

I may have a 8 tooth 1/2" sprocket somewhere, but you really need the 7 tooth. The chain drive saws got 7 tooth sprockets and the gear reduction got 8 tooth.

3400 oiler

Here is the pictures of that adjustable 3400 oiler..

When I seen it was a adjustable one, I went ahead and picked it up just to check it out since it was cheap anyway.

I have not been into it yet, but I'm guessing it needs cleaned up if not rebuilt anyway.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the pictures of that adjustable 3400 oiler..

When I seen it was a adjustable one, I went ahead and picked it up just to check it out since it was cheap anyway.

I have not been into it yet, but I'm guessing it needs cleaned up if not rebuilt anyway.

attachment.php

attachment.php

very cool Mark. I was starting to think the 3400 adj. oiler was like a unicorn or something

Mark if that .404 sprocket is a part # 4834 i have one also have a few bell cranks 1040 for the 54 got some trigger bushings 3229 also also air vane springs 1668 plus other parts for these series

Last edited:
Three new Poulans

Picked up these three saws yesterday, two are badged as Dayton's.

Daytonsaws001.jpg

The 245 is the best of the bunch, just needs a new starter rope.

Daytonsaws008.jpg

Think I will pull the bar off the 306 and put it on a much better one that I have.

Daytonsaws005.jpg

Poulan 4200 Parts

Evening,

Putting out the feelers to see if there is anyone who has or knows of the availability for some parts. I am after the coil and ignition module, flywheel, air filter, bar shims and assorted gaskets for one of my 4200's. Reason being, broke a fin on my flywheel as a younger person, and have to crack the crankcase to replace bearings to fix some lateral movement. I am willing to pay reasonable prices for the parts, thought I would try here first. Any help would be appreciated.

PM or message here.

Justin

25da variant

attachment.php

found this at the flea market sunday, $5. there were a couple craftsman too, one red and one a metallic green ? i like these intakes. this makes 3 for me.

Evening,

Putting out the feelers to see if there is anyone who has or knows of the availability for some parts. I am after the coil and ignition module, flywheel, air filter, bar shims and assorted gaskets for one of my 4200's. Reason being, broke a fin on my flywheel as a younger person, and have to crack the crankcase to replace bearings to fix some lateral movement. I am willing to pay reasonable prices for the parts, thought I would try here first. Any help would be appreciated.

PM or message here.

Justin

Boy, parts for the 4200 or 5200 are hard to find. You can get a gasket kit with crank seals on Ebay. Saw one today. Other parts well, keep looking or possiblt find a parts saw. 530032034 is the part# for the crank bearings. Maybe you can pull one and take it to your local seal and bearing dealer to match it up. Normally they are a production item used in other applications.
Bob

Latest posts

Back