Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stumbled on this one and think it being a bow saw probably kept it from being snapped up. I called on a 306 bow saw on my way home but got no answer. The message said it was a tree service and I thought it was significantly overpriced at $150.

Hopefully my daughter comes home tomorrow.

Great looking saw, that 5200 Bowsaw. Good find and hope your daughter is feeliong better.
Bob

PS: Saw a 5200 on Ebay. Looks to be in okay shape. Better than mine cosmetically before I painted it.

Bob the urethane is pretty tuff stuff and I think it's got a nicer shine to it. Seems not to scratch as easy.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks. Urethane a little more expensive but I want something that'll hold up. My earler spray painting of saws with enamel seem to scratch pretty easy. Wish I could get the Poulan lime green color(sublime) in powdercoating, though I'd have to completely strip all parts.
Thanks again
Bob

skil/poulan

attachment.php
attachment.php

what poulan model is the skil branded 1641 type 3. it is poulan green or maybe a yellow and looks like the 3400 series.

Last edited:
thanks mike. i've got a 3.7 craftsman and a 4000 so i thought it was somewhere along that line. i like these saws. i can see them accumulating, regardless of label or color.

thanks mike. i've got a 3.7 craftsman and a 4000 so i thought it was somewhere along that line. i like these saws. i can see them accumulating, regardless of label or color.

Tell me about it. I've got a 3400, a Dayton and Skil, all 3400 clones. Don't have a Craftsman. These saws are fine to keep and run but if you sell one they don't bring anything near what a Poulan badged 3400 brings. Go figiure.
Bob

New vid. :)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-lnMQG3fbVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-lnMQG3fbVU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks. Is it more difficult to apply(spray)?

I think it's alot easier to spray, does not run nearly as fast. But is more expensive as well as more toxic. Isocyantes can f you up, thats in the hardener part. You must wear breathing protection.

3.7 craftsman

Is a craftsman 3.7 18 made by poulan. If so about what year and are they any good. thanks

Is a craftsman 3.7 18 made by poulan. If so about what year and are they any good. thanks

Most likely a copy of the Poulan 3700. Look at model #. If it starts with 358. its a Poulan. Poulan made them for Sears for many years. Early ones were painted red and later ones were gray and black. Poulan 3700 's are great 61cc saws. I have several.

Back