Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a PP365?

Can any of you identify a Poulan Pro by the serial #? I bought what I thought was a PP365 off ebay but when it got here today Inoticed that the PP365 decal was lifting off the clutch cover and there was a PP335 decal under it.I'm wondering now if I got taken.The serial # is 1K267C655,so is it a 365 or 335?any help will be greatly appreciated. D.Brown

Got some pics of the 4000

420791799_o.jpg

420791840_o.jpg

420791878_o.jpg

420792120_o.jpg

420792169_o.jpg

420792350_o.jpg

Can any of you identify a Poulan Pro by the serial #? I bought what I thought was a PP365 off ebay but when it got here today Inoticed that the PP365 decal was lifting off the clutch cover and there was a PP335 decal under it.I'm wondering now if I got taken.The serial # is 1K267C655,so is it a 365 or 335?any help will be greatly appreciated. D.Brown

Dan, I cant tell by the serial # but if you post a picture of it I can probably tell by looking at it. The top covers are wider on the 365.

Just so you know the bore of a 365 is 49mm and a 335 is 46mm

Got some pics of the 4000

Dave thats a nice 4000 and as long as the P/C are good on it you didn't get hurt too bad. You don't find em in that shape much any more.

Check it over close before you run it much. Check the fuel and vent lines, flush the oiler out and make sure the intake manifold bolts are tight to the jug.

Rememeber guys I don't have the saw yet, but those are pics the guy sent me. Looks like the serial is B3410329.

245A update

After digging further into this saw I have found that the P/C were not in fact locked up. It seems both bearings on the flywheel side seized or rusted to the crank. I had to use a gear puller to get the recoil assembly off. The flywheel side of the crank case is not budging tho. I have been soaking it in ZEP 45, and hopefully that frees it up. Until then I cant get the piston off the rod. I dont want to risk damaging the skirt trying to work around it. I cant turn the crank either and the piston is stopped at BDC.

Well guys I bought me a 4000, got it on ebay, if anyone was following I was the one that bought the saw the guy had started at $230, he went down to $175, so I bought it right there. Just wondering if you think I overpaid???

Dave,

If the saw runs out as good as it looks, you didn't get hurt.
They aren't making the 4000 anymore and every couple of days one SOMEWHERE goes down in flames, or to the recycler by people who don't know what a fine saw they are. (read: Some idiot who thinks everything wearing the Poulan name is JUNK)
There is a certain value to simple "pride of ownership" and a good 4000 is certainly a saw to be proud to own.
I have a pretty nice 4000 and $175.00 wouldn't come anywhere close to buying it from me!!!

Mike

3800 help

Greetings oh great and wise Poulan Gurus !!!

I'm a :newbie: here :biggrinbounce2:
Is there a chain brake setup that will work on a 3800?

Greetings oh great and wise Poulan Gurus !!!

I'm a :newbie: here :biggrinbounce2:
Is there a chain brake setup that will work on a 3800?

Yes, but not available on the US saws. Some of the Candian 3400-4000 saws were available with chain brakes. They pop up from time to time on ebay. The regualar clutch covers fetch a hefty price so you can imagine what the chain brake versions go for.

Yes, but not available on the US saws. Some of the Candian 3400-4000 saws were available with chain brakes. They pop up from time to time on ebay. The regualar clutch covers fetch a hefty price so you can imagine what the chain brake versions go for.

Joe, they were not standard on the American saws. They were sold in a kit through the parts dept if you wanted one.

That series of Poulan Pro saws the 375, 385 and 395 did have chain brakes.

Joe, they were not standard on the American saws. They were sold in a kit through the parts dept if you wanted one.

Thanks for the info guys.

Hey Mark who's that in your avatar? It's buggin' the crap out of me.

Thats good to know. I wouldnt mind finding one. My newest 4000 is gonna need a cover. Not that running it w/out a chain brake is a problem.

Dave76,
Looks like the 4000 will clean up nice. Not much paint loss on it, or beat up.:) Its funny, I just noticed in the first couple pics, the hammer laying in the rear handle to keep the saw sitting flat for the pic. Thats the bad thing with a 24" bar on that saw, or a 245 for that matter. They want to flop over to the front. The 20" bar on them won't do that.;)

Like Mark said, just ck it over real well. I all ways just go ahead and replace fuel lines, filter, etc. Just to be sure. Carb kit too. Just never know how long these things been sitting around idle. But, the saw looks great to me.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Back