Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave76,
Looks like the 4000 will clean up nice. Not much paint loss on it, or beat up.:) Its funny, I just noticed in the first couple pics, the hammer laying in the rear handle to keep the saw sitting flat for the pic. Thats the bad thing with a 24" bar on that saw, or a 245 for that matter. They want to flop over to the front. The 20" bar on them won't do that.;)

Like Mark said, just ck it over real well. I all ways just go ahead and replace fuel lines, filter, etc. Just to be sure. Carb kit too. Just never know how long these things been sitting around idle. But, the saw looks great to me.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Yeah the funny thing is the 24" bar I put on the 3800 I sold does the same thing, there very nose heavy. Anyway I have no need for a 24" bar so I'll be getting a 20" power match with LGX chain.

I just ordered tune kit for my Craftsman 3.7 (fuel line, fuel filter, air filter, carb kit) should of ordered double everything, except that I noticed the air filters are different on these 4000s.

Yeah the funny thing is the 24" bar I put on the 3800 I sold does the same thing, there very nose heavy. Anyway I have no need for a 24" bar so I'll be getting a 20" power match with LGX chain.

I just ordered tune kit for my Craftsman 3.7 (fuel line, fuel filter, air filter, carb kit) should of ordered double everything, except that I noticed the air filters are different on these 4000s.

Yes, The 4000 does use a taller nylon type filter, rather than the flocked filter on the 3400/3700. I like them, they are easy to clean, and with the air entering the top front on the 4000, I think keeps them cleaner also. Not sure if any of the site sponsors carry them or not. But I have seen them on ebay, so they are available.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Whats the trick

to getting the flywheel side of the crank case off!! I removed the 4 bolts that secure it. It seems like it should just tap off. I have a bad feeling that that bearing is sized solid to the crank tho:censored: So before i break out my thor hammer if there is a better way please enlighten me. The piston will clean up with emory cloth so its coming off one way or another.

pop quiz

Alright Poulan Gurus.
Sup with this, 67 said he had never seen one with the shield?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Some new saws

Responded to an ad on the local Cl and picked up these 2 1800's.

Poulan1800002.jpg

Poulan1800001.jpg

Because I am such a nice guy, he threw in the 2150 and 2500.

Poulan1800004.jpg

Got to figure out the no spark issue on my Cockshutt 20 tractor before i can start on these.

nice score guido

Responded to an ad on the local Cl and picked up these 2 1800's.

Poulan1800002.jpg

Poulan1800001.jpg

Because I am such a nice guy, he threw in the 2150 and 2500.

Poulan1800004.jpg

Got to figure out the no spark issue on my Cockshutt 20 tractor before i can start on these.

If ya dont mind what did ya pay the guy for these as im trying to get better at pricing and such!

to getting the flywheel side of the crank case off!! I removed the 4 bolts that secure it. It seems like it should just tap off. I have a bad feeling that that bearing is sized solid to the crank tho:censored: So before i break out my thor hammer if there is a better way please enlighten me. The piston will clean up with emory cloth so its coming off one way or another.

Joe that flywheel side brg is secured to that side of the case with screws and washers! They can only be removed from the inside. That crank pulls right out of the needle brg on the PTO side.

In other words the crank and brg come out in one piece, and you have to have the clutch and things off first.

Im not sure. But the other problem is on the PTO side. I cant take the cluch off due to the fact that the 2 removal holes are stripped or gouged.

That can be a problem. The clutch dose stick out past the drum just a little bit. Enough that I have used a large pipe wrench on the outside of the clutch drum in cases like that.

OR you could drill another pair of holes in it 90 deg from the originals.

Just checked the IPL, LP. That's the optional heat shield. Cooolllll! Nice full wrap too.

Yeah thats what the call it and it does serve that purpose but I think there really more of a muffler guard to keep from denting the muffler up when dogged in bucking up big wood.

My 4200 has that same shield on its muffler. I don't really like the looks of them that well. I would trade mine for a regular muffler.

Some day when I get time I'm going to build a big set of inner and outer dogs for one of mine.

Joe that flywheel side brg is secured to that side of the case with screws and washers! They can only be removed from the inside. That crank pulls right out of the needle brg on the PTO side.

In other words the crank and brg come out in one piece, and you have to have the clutch and things off first.

That can be a problem. The clutch dose stick out past the drum just a little bit. Enough that I have used a large pipe wrench on the outside of the clutch drum in cases like that.

OR you could drill another pair of holes in it 90 deg from the originals.

Alright:). Now I can get this thing torn down the right way. I do have about 1/4" of clutch outside the drum. Ill put a pipe wrench on it and try again tommorrow. Thanks for the info:cheers::clap:

Had to drop off the lawn mower today for my grandmother. I went into the shop and they sell Huskys, and Redmaxs i was surprised since i havent found a good dealer around. Then i went out to the service part and the guy was working on a extremely clean craftsman/poulan im not sure what size but the thing looked brand new. Had the hand guard on the handle.

I am almost embarrassed to ask this, but does anyone have a gas cap to fit one of the little 1800's I picked up yesterday? As you can see, "Mr. Stubby" in the back is topless..... Not a spare one in any of my junque and nothing on the shelf at Lowes.

Poulan1800001.jpg

I am almost embarrassed to ask this, but does anyone have a gas cap to fit one of the little 1800's I picked up yesterday? As you can see, "Mr. Stubby" in the back is topless..... Not a spare one in any of my junque and nothing on the shelf at Lowes.

Poulan1800001.jpg
Send me your address.
Didn't I give you a handful of those? Or was that Homie 150's?

Back