Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im using the same size line as the fuel line, fuel line is snug but the vent isnt.

The full tank bog is when i fill it up to the top and fire it up it wants to bog and die. Until about 3/4s it runs great then. After i put most of it together i filled the tank full and fired it up, it did not do the bog but i was just wondering what could of caused it.

The fuel line on that little fitting gets pulled up from inside the tank for the vent line. You keep pulling it though the hole so the the fitting is up tight in the hole, with the line sealing it off from leaking. The duck-bill valve goes on the bottom side of that fitting.

As for the bogging? Do you have the carb adjusted right? Rich enough? You did do a muffler mod to it, that could be off a tad. And, never assume the fuel filter is good, just cause it looks good. ;) Believe me, I been there,,lol

:cheers:
Gregg,

so is he built like his name sake? what a cool name to have eh!

I wouldn't really say he was built like a 67 Mustang, but he has a lot more class!!! (and I LIKE the 60's Mustangs!!!)
I'll bet he has a lot more miles on him than any 'stang ever built too!!!
One of the Poulan lovers finest for sure!:cheers:

Mike

I have seen a couple of those pretty reasonable....

ahhh...nice looking saw...same anti vibe as a homelite super xl

iiiii ttthhhiiinnnkkk III cccaaannn llliiivvvveee wwwwiitttthhoouuttt ooonnneee
tttttooooo ooollllddd fffooorrr ttthhhaaattt pppuuunnniiisssmmmeeennnttt

I bet it sure eats wood though...

I can just run my 923 anytime I forget why I love the Poulan AV's

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Its does look like the super Xl which one came first?

I have seen a couple of those pretty reasonable....

ahhh...nice looking saw...same anti vibe as a homelite super xl

iiiii ttthhhiiinnnkkk III cccaaannn llliiivvvveee wwwwiitttthhoouuttt ooonnneee
tttttooooo ooollllddd fffooorrr ttthhhaaattt pppuuunnniiisssmmmeeennnttt

I bet it sure eats wood though...

I can just run my 923 anytime I forget why I love the Poulan AV's

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, Exactly! No anti vibe, manual oiler only! Not my favorite Poulan by any means, but I guess I just NEEDED one.:D
Gregg,

no no no

I wouldn't really say he was built like a 67 Mustang, but he has a lot more class!!! (and I LIKE the 60's Mustangs!!!)
I'll bet he has a lot more miles on him than any 'stang ever built too!!!
One of the Poulan lovers finest for sure!:cheers:

Mike

I cant say the guys name ask him his name you will understand!!!

361 Poulan

It looks close to the one I have if you ignore faded paint & JB weld on the
air filter cover and rusty bar borrowed from 4200.
59 cc, I think like a 306.

Last edited:
The fuel line on that little fitting gets pulled up from inside the tank for the vent line. You keep pulling it though the hole so the the fitting is up tight in the hole, with the line sealing it off from leaking. The duck-bill valve goes on the bottom side of that fitting.

As for the bogging? Do you have the carb adjusted right? Rich enough? You did do a muffler mod to it, that could be off a tad. And, never assume the fuel filter is good, just cause it looks good. ;) Believe me, I been there,,lol

Gregg,

Carb is set right, yes i richened the top end after the mod. I did lean out the low end was a tad rich. It would only do this when the tank was Full then after it got about 3/4 it would be fine. Im thinking its that vent line doing some weird stuff.

I guess i need a tad bit bigger fuel line for the vent? Fuel filter looks brand new but i guess i can change that as well its a walbro foam thing, looks cheap.....

he seems like a real nice guy!!!!so is he built like his name sake? what a cool name to have eh?whats Qtip mean exmilitary or grey hair never heard qtip before so im just gussing!!!

I have had the pleasure of meeting Steve (67Mustang) I wouldn't say he was Fast, Sleek, or Sexxy:ices_rofl: but a Nicer guy you will never meet.:rock:

Same goes for a couple other old codgers on here, ModifiedMark & MoparMike.
There is a bunch of Poulan knowledge in one spot with them 3 at a GTG.
Gregg,

Last edited:
I have had the pleasure of meeting Steve (67Mustang) I wouldn't say he was Fast, Sleek, or Sexxy:ices_rofl: but a Nicer guy you will never meet.:rock:

Gregg,

ahhhhh never mind LMAO i always put my foot in my mouth so lets just leave it at that LOL..

whats a 361?:

Here is one that I have.

PioneerP-20Poulan361010.jpg

I also have two more including a 1972 model I bought in 1979.

Last edited:
Gregg,

Says the guy who can rebuild a 4000 blindfolded and wearing mittens!!!

Thanks for the compliment Gregg but next to you, Mark and Steve all I'm fit for is holding the light!
I do know what I like though and I do like the Poulan saws of the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's!

Mike

Thanks for the compliment Gregg but next to you, Mark and Steve all I'm fit for is holding the light!
I do know what I like though and I do like the Poulan saws of the 70's, 80's and some of the 90's!

Mike

You gotta watch Mike. He's the King of "just an ol' junker." Just something he pulled off the junk heap at the last minute to bring along, like the "ugly bastard."

Mike

Mike, Who did ya have hold the light when ya put that ported & piped 3400 together?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: LOL
Gregg,

wow...that is one great looking saw!

Thanks, Stephen. Those were the good ol' days. That was a saw Possum picked up for me in a pawn shop, cheap. That ship sailed. Now he grabs up every one he can find for himself since he's found out what good saws they are. That's the paradox of talking about the Poulan's. The more we talk the higher the prices get and the scarcer they are to find. :rolleyes:

Back